‹ Prequel: Obsticles
Sequel: Settled

Adjustments

Crazy Things

Henry and Emily were sharing the lookout as Hodges used the camera to look inside the Chicken Pin miniature.

“Okay, look, we gave it a try. There’s nothing in this thing but machinery. Lets put it back.” Henry said, looking back to see if anybody was coming.

Henry scowled softly “Relax.” He said, continuing to use the scope. Hodges then came across a white barrel, he couldn’t read the writing so he nudged it, knocking it off it’s spot and onto the floor, where it rolled.

Emily gasped as she moved closer to the miniature with Henry, whose mouth was gaping open.

Wendy walked in and gasped as well “You freaking broke it! That’s destroying evidence!” he proclaimed, Emily nodded in agreement.

“I can fix it!” Hodges said back to her.

Emily caught something turn in the corner of her eye as she turned to see Greg standing before all the lab rats.

“Oh, shit!” Emily whispered, dropping under the table and looking down at Lenni as she slept peacefully in her car seat.

Emily prayed for Lenni not to wake up and start crying as she listened in on the conversation.

“Have you guys seen Grissom?” Greg asked as Wendy, Hodges, and Henry turned around, hiding the broken miniature, shaking their heads in unison.

Hodges looked over Greg’s blue jumpsuit and examined the spaghetti that was all over it.

“Some Garlic Bread, nice Chianti, maybe?” Hodges asked, smirking to himself.

Greg looked at Hodges in an annoyed matter “Kiss my ass,”

Emily covered her mouth, trying to muffle her giggles as she heard her husband telling David Hodges to ‘kiss his ass’, Henry tried to hide his smile as well.

“…I’d like to see you crawl around in a dumpster determining the difference between blood and marinara sauce with six mobster goons giving you the stink eye.” Greg said, letting almost all of his frustration out.

Henry shrugged his shoulders “We wouldn’t know anything about that, we’re holed up in a lab all day.” He said, almost being snarky with Greg Sanders.

Greg cocked an eye brow to the three of them “What are you guys doing?” he asked.

The three lab techs were silent.

“You know, forget it. I don’t even care. I need to go take a shower. Would one of you please call Janitorial and have them clean my Denali?” Greg asked.

Wendy smiled “Sure.” She said, putting her hands in her pockets.

Greg then turned to Henry and handed him a vomit sample “Oh, and, uh, we think the killer might have threw up in the alley. Full Panel. Enjoy.” Greg said before finally leaving the room.

Emily sighed “…is he gone?” she asked.

Wendy smiled “Yeah, Emily…he’s gone!” she said.

Emily slowly picked herself up from off of the floor and began to rub her boobs while made Henry a little embarrassed and Hodges a little concerned.

“You alright, there?” Wendy asked, watching Emily along with the guys.

Emily nodded as she stopped rubbing her boobs and looked at them “Yeah, I just landed on my boobs when I hit the ground…and I’m breast feeding.” She explained.

Wendy flinched “Oh yeah, that had to hurt!”

Henry then sighed as he turned to Wendy and Hodges “Got to go. Good Luck.” He said as he left the room as well.

Wendy and Hodges turned to Emily as she sighed with relief “…so, where were we?” she asked.
________________________________________________________________________

Lenni would be a month old in two days time as Greg came home from the worst day of work ever.

The bandage around his hand had implied something had gone wrong, but Emily was never going to guess what would happen to him as he walked into Lenni’s nursery as the sun began to rise.

Greg smiled as Lenni just laid in her crib, waiting for Emily to show up and feed her. Greg sighed as he picked his daughter up and out of her crib and sat in the rocking chair by the window.

“…you wanna hear about daddy’s day at work?” Greg asked, rocking the chair back and forth as he looked at Lenni as she made a funny noise to him.

Greg sighed “At work last night, daddy got bit by a crazy woman who thought she was a warrior…and then daddy had to get a million different shots because of it…” he said softly to the nearly one-month old child.

Lenni’s mouth went wide open as she made eye contact with Greg “I know! That’s what I said!” he said to Lenni as he smiled at her.

“Well, at least you’re not dead…” Greg heard Emily say, he looked up to see Emily in her pajamas looking at him with a sweet smile on her lips “I’m sorry that happened…” she said, walking into the nursery.

Greg shrugged his shoulders “It’s alright…I’ll live to see another year!” he said, slowly getting up from the rocking chair and handed Lenni to her mother. Greg gave Emily a quick peck on the lips and smiled at her.

“I’m gonna go take a shower…maybe put something more comfortable on,” Greg said as he walked out of the nursery.

Emily sighed as she looked down at Lenni, who was looking up at her with endearing blue eyes “…your father’s crazy!” she said softly before sitting in the rocking chair.
________________________________________________________________________

Emily was helping Sara with the Miniature Killer case as they walked out of an elevator, talking softly as they walked to Sara’s car.

“So Lenni’s with a babysitter tonight?” Sara asked, unlocking the car doors.

Emily nodded “Yeah…it’s kinda weird, actually.” She said.

Just then, from the dark corner next to the car “Hey, Sara!” someone said.

Both women turned their heads when a Tazer stunned Sara to the floor, Emily screamed as she reached for her cell phone, only to drop it from the panic she was feeling.

Emily kneeled down to get it, but then felt a rather stunning sensation as she fell unconscious next to Sara’s car in the pouring rain.

At that point, nobody was going to be able to save them.