‹ Prequel: Obsticles
Sequel: Settled

Adjustments

Don't Taze Me

Emily’s vision was blurry as she softly woke up to the sound of a heart monitor and a serious headache as she silently ached out in pain as the headache came to her in full force.

She opened her eyes to see Greg looking at her, his blurry figure reaching out to touch her “Baby, can you hear me? Emily?” Greg asked.

The headache throbbed as her vision cleared, both Brass and Greg were standing next to her.

“Jesus! My head…Greg, my head—it hurts!” Emily said, holding on tightly to his hand as she grabbed her head in pain.

Brass sighed “Guess the meds aren’t working,” he said, buzzing for the nurse.

Greg stroked Emily’s hand “Honey, do you know where you are?” he asked.

Emily shook her head “No…where’s Sara?” she asked, closing her eyes while trying to block the headache away.

Brass and Greg looked at each other, at least she was remembering *something* from the events of the night.

“Right, Sara…she’s been kidnapped…” Brass said bluntly as he pulled out his notepad and smiled at Emily.

Emily, even in her barely capacitated state, knew where Brass was going and grabbed him by his suit and looked him dead in the eye.

“You get me a fucking Advil and a shot of Jack Daniels, *then* we’ll talk!” Emily spat at the Captain “Now get out of here!” she yelled at him before slightly tossing him towards the door.

Greg tried to hide a smile as he watched Brass clear his throat and walked out of the room, he grabbed a stool and sat next to Emily who waited for the nurse to come.

Emily took in a deep breathe “…what happened to Sara?” she asked.

“You didn’t hear Brass…she was kidnapped.” Greg whispered to his wife as he kissed her forehead.

Emily took in another deep breathe “…do we know who took her?” she asked.

Greg nodded “Yeah, but we’ll talk about it when you get rid of this headache…okay?” he said, stroking Emily’s hand as the nurse finally came in.

“Did you call the babysitter?” Emily asked.

Greg rolled his eyes, for a girl who was in a lot of pain she sure could ask a lot of questions!

“Yes, I did…she said to take our time…” Greg said, watching the nurse reorganize Emily’s meds.
________________________________________________________________________

Emily looked at Greg, she rubbed Greg’s hand as he just looked at her, smiling to her as he propped his head up with his hand against her hospital bed.

“So,” Emily cleared her throat “…what’s up with Sara’s kidnapping? It seems kind of random.” She said.

Greg shook her head “Well, Natalie Davis took her…and used force.” He said.

“She used a tazer, Greg…her body—I mean, it just shook as it hit the ground. And I…I tried calling for help but I dropped my phone and the next thing I know, something…it felt like something had bitten me.” Emily said, shaking her head.

Greg looked at Emily like he had something to say, but was afraid to say it.

“What?” Emily asked.

Greg shrugged his shoulders “You don’t want to hear it,” Greg said.

Emily shook her head “No, I want—I NEED to hear it.” Emily insisted as she gazed at her husband with tired blue eyes.

“You flat lined…” Greg muttered.

Emily looked at Greg in shock “…did not!” she denied.

Greg sighed “…she tazed you…except you were RIGHT there in the rain…and you were barely hanging on when the paramedics got there…and in the ambulance, with the defibrillators…you flat lined!” Greg told her.

“…shut up…” Emily said, still unable to believe what she was being told.

Greg took her hand “…when Grissom told me what happened, I came straight to the hospital, informed the babysitter who understood completely…she called it a ‘bad week’.” He said.

Emily nodded “…you should go…help Grissom with the case. Go find Sara!” she said, insisting Greg to go.

Greg shook his head “…no, I’ve got enough to worry about with you.” He said.

“I’m fine!” Emily scuffed “I’m breathing…and I’m stabilized!” she said.

Greg gave Emily a funny look as he shook her head “Actually, they’re keeping you in ICU overnight…” Greg said before trailing off.

Emily took in a deep breathe “…WHY---everything was going so well with work, and us…and Grissom…” Emily yelled out loud, Greg just sat there and listened to her rant on.

Nothing could be any worse than Emily Grissom flat lining for 30 seconds.

Until Ecklie walked in, he cleared his throat which stopped Emily in her out loud thought process.

“Glad to see you’re breathing…” Ecklie said, with a smile.

Emily whined “Jesus, kill me now.” She said, turning on her side and relaxing.

Greg smiled as he stroked Emily’s hair for a moment “I’ll be right back, I need to talk to Ecklie…” he said, letting go of Emily’s hand and getting up and out of his seat.
________________________________________________________________________

“She said she saw ‘somebody’ taze Sara before she reached for her phone to call for help…but she dropped it and said that ‘she felt like something had bitten her’…but other than that, she hasn’t been saying much.” Greg said, folding his arms at Ecklie.

Ecklie sighed “Well, this gets us nowhere…” he said.

Greg sighed “I’d like to come and help---”

“You stay put Sanders, I’ve never had the misfortunes of almost losing a spouse…let alone losing one. Stay with Emily, if anything comes up, I’ll let you know. Or Grissom…” Ecklie said.

Greg shrugged his shoulders “Whoever has enough time…” Greg said, watching Ecklie walk away.

“God, lord almighty…I just wanna go to bed!” he said, looking up at the ‘heavens’ as he yawned for a moment.
________________________________________________________________________

It was feeling like the tables were being turned…again, for Emily and Greg Sanders. It hadn’t been but almost 7 months since Greg had been attacked by Demetrius James yet all Greg could think about was Emily having to testify.

Why she would was beyond him and his thought process at the time.

“Greg…?” he heard Emily asked softly that snapped him out of his thought process.