‹ Prequel: Obsticles
Sequel: Settled

Adjustments

It Got Real

It was become a drawn out game for the Lab Techs. It turned out that Emily had killed dear old Henry.

Henry was still trying to find closure “But why??” he asked.

Emily huffed “Fine---because you dropped the baby, that’s why!”

Wendy and Mandy gasped “Henry!” they yelled in unison.

Henry pouted “I’m sorry?” he said.

Emily rolled her eyes “Just—whatever!” she said.

Mandy’s beeper then went off, she pouted “Well, guess it’s not a slow day for me after all.” She said, getting up from her seat.

“Tell me who dies next, and how.” Mandy said, walking out of the break room.

Wendy smiled at Hodges as she leaned in closer “So, you got time for one more?” she asked.

Hodges smirked to himself “Well, sounds like somebody’s having fun.” He said.

Wendy smiles a little more “Maybe just a little.” She said.

Emily and Henry turned to each other, rolling their eyes, slightly being disgusted with the slight flirting between Hodges and Wendy.

“Well, you’re not bad at this.” Hodges said.

Wendy nodded “Well, I’ve been thinking about taking the CSI field test. So this is actually really good practice.” She said.

Hodges lost his smile immediately.

“What?” Wendy asked.

Hodges shook his head “Nothing.” He said.

Wendy cocked an eye brow “Nothing?”

“Yes. A big pile of nothing, from me—to you.” Hodges said, feeling rather disappointed as he looked away from the ‘team’.
________________________________________________________________________

“Field Agent Simms— here she comes; flashing her badge, taking down perps!” Hodges said, mocking Wendy.

Wendy rolled her eyes “Why is even potential advancement so threatening to you?” she asked.

Hodges shrugged his shoulders “Hey, Sanders left the lab, he got his ass kicked! I’m just saying!” he said.

Emily gasped, throwing a pen and hitting Hodges with it. Lenni began to cry as Emily shook her head at Hodges.

“…asshole…” she said.

Wendy shook her head “Fine, can we do another one?” she asked.
________________________________________________________________________
Emily left the thought experiment, Hodges was getting on her nerves with her ‘murder’ and Greg being the CSI on the case…how revenge was so stupid sometimes.

But what the Lab Rats didn’t know was that Mr. and Mrs. Greg Sanders marriage was in trouble.

Greg and Emily passed each other, giving each other daring glares as they did.

“Goodnight, Greg…” Grissom said in a subtle tone.

Greg scuffed “Yeah, whatever…” he said.

Grissom was taken aback by Greg’s tone, usually he was excited to go home and do whatever he wanted with his wife and daughter.
________________________________________________________________________
Emily sighed as she walked to her car, Lenni was sleeping against Emily’s shoulder as she slowly put the 5-month old in her car seat.

“Emily!” Greg said, walking towards his wife.

Emily rolled her eyes as she closed the car door behind her “Give me a break,” she muttered under her breathe.

“We need to talk,” Greg insisted, crossing his arms.

Emily shook her head “No, we don’t.” she said, opening the driver seat.

Greg grabbed her arm and turned her around “Don’t make this any harder than it has to be!” he told her in a cool tone.

Emily laughed in his face, she couldn’t believe that he was trying to be ‘tough’.

“Let go of me!” she said, jerking away from Greg, who kept his firm grasp.

Greg looked Emily dead in the eye “Don’t make me hurt you…” he whispered.

Emily let a smile escape her lips, taunting him “…go ahead, strike me. Cause every cop walking by will have no problem ratting you out to Grissom…maybe even Brass.” She said.

Greg let go of Emily, she shook her head in disgust “Go to hell, Sanders…” she whispered, getting in her car and shutting the door in front of him.
________________________________________________________________________

What both Emily and Greg didn’t know was that Nick saw the whole ordeal, he became worried with the couple as he looked at his watch.

Yeah, there was plenty of time to ‘check in’.

He rushed over to his Cadillac and started the engine, he was going to talk to Emily Sanders.
________________________________________________________________________

“Don’t you roll your eyes at me Greg Sanders!!” Emily screamed, arguing with Greg for another endless night.

Greg looked at her furiously “Don’t talk to me like that!” he yelled, getting in her face.

Ever since the Miniature Killer’s attack on both Sara and Emily, Greg and Emily bickered. Emily was pushing away, and Greg was just trying to make her feel better. But the more she pushed away, the angrier Greg got with her.

Causing the arguing and the fighting all the time, in private, of course.

“Oh fuck you, Sanders! Like you’d actually do anything--you fucking pussy!” she yelled at him, the look of disgust in her eyes.

But then, Greg had had enough…
________________________________________________________________________

Nick was watching from front door entrance as he heard the arguing and saw the shadows of his friends getting into each others faces and flailing their arms around.

“Oh fuck you, Sanders! Like you’d actually do anything—you fucking pussy!” he heard Emily scream.

Thing had just gotten a little too real for Nick Stokes.

Greg hit Emily.
________________________________________________________________________

Emily laid on the floor, the wind knocked out of her as she tried to remember what had happened, why her cheek with on fire, and why she was crying.

“Oh, are you—are you gonna cry? Is that what’s gonna happen? That’s all you seem to do just like Lenni!!” Greg yelled.

Emily tried to escape Greg’s wrath as she crawled back towards anything so she could pick herself up. But there was no such luck for Emily, but there never was.

Greg grabbed Emily’s ankle and pulled her towards him “Answer me!” he yelled.

Emily screamed, trying to fight Greg off. He was stronger than anything else on the planet at that point.

Greg pinned Emily into the carpet, she cried and screamed for help as Greg got in her face “You think you’re tough!?” he yelled.

“HUH?” Greg yelled in her face.

Emily screamed for help once more, but she knew it was useless. She couldn’t believe that it had come down to this; Greg Sanders was going to beat the life out of her…the last person she thought would ever hurt her.

“Let her go!”

Emily turned to the front of the house, she looked deep into the brown eyes in disbelief and embarrassment “Nicky…” she muttered.