Status: cancelled

Scream to Be Heard, Like You Needed Any More Attention

I can't really blame her

I opened the door and stepped through.

There she was.

Riley.

My Best friend since forever. She still looked exactly the same as when I last saw her. She was still shockingly beautiful and had that same, ready for anything glow to herself.

I took a deep breath, as I walked over to her. I can't believe she's standing right there, it seems like it's been forever since I last saw her.

Dr.Spencer smiled some what politely,"There you are Ember." I nodded. "You are now officially in charge of Ms.Riley Paulson, yadda yadda yadda,and you have to watch over her a year, make sure she stays clean. After that, if,"she said with a lot of heavy sarcasm,"she proves to be responsible, and stays clean, maybe we'll be able to see if she can watch herself." Then she turned and walked away.

I turned to Riley, whom was looking everywhere, but at me."Uh...Hey..."She still wouldn't look at me."Er...should we go...?"

She rolled her eyes and pushed past me.

Ouch. That hurt. She really hates me now, doesn't she? I guess I can't really blame her though, I thought as we walked to my car.

I put her stuff in the back of the car, and we began the long, awkward drive home.

***
We ate dinner earlier and she seems to want nothing to do with me.

Right now it was about nine in the evening, and she still hasn't spoken one word to me.

I was sitting in the living room, as was she. Sadly though we were on completely opposite sides of the room. She had control of the tv and I didn't really care. I just wanted to be able to talk to her again, like we used to...

Soon enough as I replayed different memories of us in my head, I fell asleep.

***

I woke up, it was about ten o'clock now, the tv was off and I supposed that she got bored and went to her room to sleep, or something of that nature.

I was about as bored as could be and decided to go to my room as well.

I began walking to my room, past hers, when I realized something. Her window was open. I walked inside and realized, there was no sign of Riley in the house at all. I poked my head out the window.

She was gone, running around somewhere, in the hot, summer air.