Status: cancelled

Scream to Be Heard, Like You Needed Any More Attention

I'm Not Addicted, Baby In Your Dreams

I woke up to the sound of laughter and mixed voices.

I stood up from my bed, scratching my head as I did so. I sighed quietly and began walking to the living room.

I poked my head around the corner and saw something fairly surprising. Jack was back in the house, cooking french toast and eggs. What's more, Riley was smiling. Smiling. Something I never thought I'd see her do. Though with that came my knowing. I knew for a fact she was smiling like that, not only because she was having fun, but because she likes him. I smiled to myself. They would make a cute couple.

I rounded the corner and decided I'd make my presence known. I yawned and rubbed my eyes.

"Hey Ember," Riley said, that smile still in place.

I froze slightly. Was she really talking to me? That was surprising, but I was happy none the less.

I had a feeling that she would end up ignoring me when he left, but hey, I'll take whatever talking time I have with her.

I returned the smile and walked to the edge of the counter top, taking a seat on one of the barstools.

I sniffed the air. "What smells so good?" I asked them both.

"My amazing french toast and eggs." Jack replied to me, smiling as he flipped over some toast.

"Oho. I haven't had a decent breakfast like that in forever!"

They laughed.

"Yeah, fruity pebbles are good, but after a while it's like chewing cardboard." Riley said, making a face.

"You guys eat fruity pebbles everyday?"

"Pretty much. I'm not that good a cook-" She said.

"And it helps that I'm too lazy to make breakfast like this on a daily basis." I said, ans Jack laughed shaking his head.

Things were silent for a few moments, when suddenly the ringing of Jack's phone interrupted that.

He wiped his hands free of whatever was on them, with the 'kiss the cook' apron, I just realized he was wearing. He answered his phone, giving us the 'one moment' gesture.

I smiled at Riley as I saw her watch him walk away in the next room over. She was biting her lip as she did so. After a moment she turned to look at me, as I began giggling a little.

"What?" She asked me giggling herself.

"Nothing." I said shaking my head.

"Tell me!"

I laughed and shook my head again.

"C'mon!" She pleaded.

"Fine," I giggled, "You two would look like a cute couple." I whispered in her ear.

I saw her blush a little, as she laughed. "You sure know me well don't you?"

"Of course I do. I'm your best friend, it comes in the job description." I smiled.

She rolled her eyes and smiled back.

Suddenly Jack appeared back in the kitchen, flipping some more toast. "So, that was my friend Alex. He said he was bored and asked me if I wanted to hang out, when I told him I couldn't he asked me why not. I told him where I was and asked if he would like to come have breakfast with us." He looked up from what he was doing, and smiled at me,"I hope you don't mind, my inviting him."

"Of course not," I smiled back.

Although I played it cool, on the inside I was more excited then ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
OHOHOHOHOHOH
FINALLY AN UPDATE. :D
SCORE! :3
lol. xD
so sorry for the long wait. I dunno what happened. hopefully this will be updated more quickly.
so sorry for any grammar mistakes/misspellings
oh, and most of my chapter titles have nothing to do with the chapter, as you probably noticed xD they're mostly lyrics to whatever song i'm listening to xD
~Miranda