‹ Prequel: Bombshell
Status: comment because you love it!

Stitches

Rebel Yell

In all honesty I thought that today would be normal, at least I hoped so. So far in life nothing has ever turned out to be the way I suspect. It’s like a secret code that nothing should ever work out like it’s supposed to for Oliver Sykes.

I wanted so desperately to relive those days when everything was so easy. There weren’t any problems, unless you count Curtis, I’d give anything for that to be the only problem we had to face.

There ain’t nothin’ that love can’t fix. If only it were as simple as that.

Brooke made me sleep in my bed tonight. I had been sleeping on the couch while she slept in here. We had a nice couch, don’t fret about me. I pulled the blankets up to my shoulder, the fan that sat on the table next to the door and the rain slamming against the window made the perfect lullaby.

My eyelids dipped closed, then raised then fell one final time. Sleep consumed my body.

“Oli?” That sweet voice that consumed my every thought echoed through the room. I never moved an inch, it was likely a dream.

The bed shifted as Brooklyn laid down. Her shaky hand touched my arm. I shot up, scared half to death. Why was she shaking?

“What is it?” I asked, trying to be calm. It wasn’t working.

She inhaled a shaky breath, “I want to use. Bad.”

I sighed and laid back down, opening my arms for her. She pulled the blankets back and climbed under, laying her head on my chest.

“What am I supposed to do?” I asked as I played with her hair, twirling the strands around my finger.

She shrugged, “I don’t know. No one ever helped me.”

I decided I would just hold her, through all her quivering and shaking. I was out of my element.

“I hate this Oli.” She said, I felt her cool tears drop onto my bare chest.

I hated it too.

“It’s okay Brooke. It will go away soon. Just go to sleep, okay?” I cooed, she wrapped her arms around me like I were about to leave.

We laid in silence for a moment before she spoke, “Do you love me?”

“Of course.” I replied, stroking her hair.

“You’d have to love me to put up with this.” She whispered.

All I could think of was that she was right. If I didn’t love her I wouldn’t be here.

“I know what will help!” I said excitedly.

She raised an eyebrow.

“Let’s take a shower.”

She smirked, “You just want to see me naked.”

“Maybe I do, so what?”

I’d sell my soul for you babe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments and the subscriptions.
I'd write/do more but I'm exhausted.