‹ Prequel: Bombshell
Status: comment because you love it!

Stitches

Losing My Way

So much for forgetting her. I couldn’t. I thought about her all night, had a dream about her that earned me a cold shower due to lack of time, in fact, she was all I could think about. It wasn’t always a lust type thing, I had a bad feeling about this whole situation, one that told me she was in trouble. I wasn’t sure what kind of trouble but she was in trouble.

I gave her a wary gaze, she simply took another puff of her cigarette.

“I can give you a job, Brooklyn.” I said more emotive than I should have.

She shook her head, a caustic smile growing on her face, “I don’t want your charity.”

“Please? I want you too.” I was on the verge of begging.

“Really? You mean you actually care because I got the impression that you didn’t.” She said angrily.

“I care, Brooke. I really do, I didn’t expect touring to be like it was and I was under pressure from the guys to keep Curtis in the band and-” I groaned, it was frustrating. “Please believe me. I wanted you, I really did. It was too hard and I just didn’t know what to do.”

She went to walk away but I grabbed her arm before she could. I wanted to finish this conversation.

She jerked her arm free of my grip, “I don’t want your help, I like where I am.”

“Listen, I’m not going to force you but the offer stands good for a lifetime.” I smiled the best smile I could muster. It bothered me that I’d treated her so bad. She wouldn’t let me fix it either.

I told her where I lived and left because there was nothing else I could do. She knew where to find me if she ever needed help.

-&-

Jukebox fuck up, hangin’ round the drug store.

I fell asleep on the couch. The notebook I spent hours scribbling in laid open against my chest.

“God almighty, Oli. Don’t you know how to answer the door!” Matt groaned as he stormed out of his bedroom. I sat up quickly causing the notebook to fall to the floor.

A loud thump sounded through the dark room, “Ow, shit!” Matt cursed as he held his foot.

“There’s a chair there.” I mumbled under my breath.

I glanced at the clock on the microwave, the glowing green letters read; 1:00 AM. I rubbed my face, trying to wake enough to figure out who would be knocking on our door at this time of the morning.

Matt opened the door, stepping back as it swung open. Behind it stood the one person I never expected. Brooklyn.

“Hey Matt,” She said awkwardly.

He smiled, “Come on in.”

I stood up from the couch. I watched the way she moved, it was careful and quiet. Like she was scared of everything in the room. She awkwardly stepped into the living room.

“Hey.” I said quietly.

She smiled a small smile, “I didn’t mean to wake you…I just--” She began but stopped, she didn’t want to talk about whatever it was.

“I was asleep on the couch, I needed to wake up.” I replied, she woke me from the best sleep I’d had in weeks but it was worth it.

“I’m going back to bed. G’night guys.” Matt said then retreated back into his bedroom.

I sat on the couch, “You can sit down, you know.”

She laughed softly and sat down.

We sat in an awkward silence for a few minutes before it was broken by Lola. She flipped the lights on, the room suddenly lit up and I realized the reason why Brooke was here.
♠ ♠ ♠
dude, i have 55 subscribers on the fourth chapter, that's insane!
: ] thanks guys, it means a lot. it's also the reason why i updated again so soon.