‹ Prequel: Bombshell
Status: comment because you love it!

Stitches

Circle Of Fear

I knew she was in trouble, and that confirmed it. It became less about wanting her back and more about helping someone who desperately needed it, but getting her back would be a plus...a huge plus.

I sat on the edge of my bed. Brooklyn lay on her back sleeping peacefully, her long brown hair strewn about the pillow. She was beautiful in all the broken mess she was. I watched her eyes open and glance around the room. She sat up quickly, I could tell she was scared.

“It’s okay,” I half spoke, half laughed.

She smiled sleepily and ran a hand through her hair, “I’ll just, uh, leave.”

“Uh, wait, Lola’s making breakfast for us and Matt’s hella excited about seeing you. You should stay for a while.”

She sighed, smiling bashfully.

“Don’t go back. Please?” I asked quietly. Brooklyn looked up at me, her face was pale and her eyes had lost their energy. She had dark circles under her eyes.

“I’m scared not too.” Her voice quivered a little.

“I can’t let you, you know that right?” I warned, on edge. I couldn’t do it, I just couldn’t. I don’t know if it was a hero complex I had or if I were just being chivalrous but I wouldn’t have let her go back even if she wanted too.

She smiled slightly, “I was kind of hoping that was the case.”

I ran my hands through my hair.

“What are we going to do then?” I asked bluntly. There was no softness to my voice.

She bit her lip and picked at her long fingernails nervously.

“I’m leaving him.”

“How?”

“He goes out on Friday nights, I’ll go get my things while he’s gone and leave him a note. I'll get me an apartment or something...” She spoke like she had before, like him going out was an alias for what she didn’t want me to know.

“You’re not going alone.” I replied sternly. Damn it, Oli, your chivalry is going to get you killed.

She never answered me, just threw the blankets back, revealing her long shapely legs. She slept in one of my shirts last night. It was sexy, I must admit.

She stood up and stretched, the shirt inched up until I could see her black underwear. I swallowed hard and my eyes got slightly larger. She had lost a lot of weight since I last saw her but she didn’t look unhealthy. She looked amazing. Her stomach was flat, the curve of her hips were more accentuated and even her breasts looked fuller. She had my mouth watering, I longed for that kind of company. I’d been so busy with the band and drop dead that I’d hardly had time for those things. Sure, there were women but they were just for fucking. I’m not shallow, don’t get me wrong. I wanted Brooke because she cared for me. I was sure.

“Uh, I should get dressed.” She said with an anxious laugh.

“Oh, here.” I said then grabbed the article of clothing from the dresser in front of me and handed it to her. She held it up and admired the yellow sun dress.

“Why do you have a dress?” Brooklyn asked suspiciously. Her bangs fell in front of her eyes. She quickly swept them behind her ear.

“Lola let you borrow it, I think she’s excited about another girl being here all the time. I mean, the only other chick that’s ever around is Rachel and that’s whenever Tom’s here. Which isn’t often…” I got lost in my thoughts and never finished my sentence.

“I don’t want to put you guys out, I mean, I don’t like being any trouble.” She began apologizing.

I stood up from the bed, “I don’t want to hear it, you’re not any trouble. You’re our friend we would go to the ends of the Earth and back for you.”

She replied with a small smile. She kissed my cheek. At that point I wasn't sure if it were up to me to fuel the fire or if my job were to wait for her to do so, and she did. She fueled the fire that burn inside me for her. And it started with a kiss on the cheek.

You’re waiting for someone to put you together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooo. You guys are the best readers, EVER! : ]
Thanks to the following people for commenting every time:
hanna.herpes
rachellee
natalive
rosetta.
x.darknessanddecay.x