Status: DOWN for re-editing / won't be updating any time soon. I'm sorry.

Complicated You; Sophisticated Me

loose.

Dylan opened his eyes.

His head hurt from last night’s drinking game. Ah, shit.

He looked to his right, and saw a pile of folded blankets. On top of it was a change of clothes—Dylan’s clothes.

That girl…he smiled to himself.

He quickly went into the bathroom to change and prepare himself for the day.

~

“I’m sorry, sir, but she insisted,” one of the maids told Dennis.

Dennis didn’t look up from his game as he slouched down on the couch with the others: Kip, Earl, Mitch, Lyndon and Brad. “Dismissed.”

The maids curtsied before they went on ahead.

Mitch smiled amusedly, “So she offered to cook for us.”

“At first I thought she’d be a real bitch,” Lyndon said jokingly. “But I guess she’s not really bad. She might’ve just caught my attention.”

“Hey, hands off her. You know she’s Dylan’s,” Kip reminded. “You don’t want our five-year friendship to break just because of a girl.”

Brad and Earl started playing arm-wrestling.

“I like Mika for Dylan,” Brad pointed out. “She could help him, and he could change her. I mean, he hasn’t gotten over Heather yet, right?”

Kip nudged Brad, “Watch your words in front of Mika and Dylan. If they hear that—“

“Hear what?” Dylan suddenly said, coming out of his room.

~

Brad, Earl and Kip fell into awkward silence. Lyndon was flipping his phone up and down. Dennis kept playing.

Only Mitch had the guts to speak bluntly, “About Heather.”

Dylan felt a slight pang at the mention of her name, “What about her?”

“We were talking about how Mika would react if she would meet her,” Mitch smiled almost cryptically. “But how would they ever meet right, when you’re hiding from her.”

Kip hurriedly stood up and slung an arm around Dylan casually to ease the tension, “Come on, Mika’s making breakfast for us.”

Mitch was really testing him; that one he could tell. What for? he wondered. It’s not like he really likes Mika.

Dylan looked at Mitch one last time, and saw an amused smile playing on his lips.

~

Mika felt like cooking, that was all. She didn’t want to do it purely for Dylan’s sake.

Right. I just wanted to cook, she stated in her head firmly.

She diced up the onions and set them aside.

Potatoes, butter, some hotdog and fried eggs…I guess that’s enough for breakfast.

She wondered if Dylan liked his food a little sweet or salty. Maybe he likes them sweet—

Wait a minute.

Why am I thinking of such things?

Something had been buzzing on and on inside her, and now she felt more aware of it.

The chimes resonated, making Mika snap out of her trance.

She looked over her shoulder and saw Kip Hendrickson and Dylan enter.

“Hey,” Kip greeted. “What are you making?”

I told them not to enter, she thought. Her eyes slowly slid up to Dylan, and as soon as their eyes met, her knees felt like they would melt.

Dylan quickly lit up and smiled, “Want me to help?” he offered.

“NO!” Mika exclaimed, sounding all too defensive. “Don’t come in! Get out!”

“I guess I’ll go then. Dylan, you should help,” Kip winked at Dylan before he left.

Now it was only her and that stupid guy.

Mika decided to ignore him and got back to her cooking. Dab butter, add garlic and onions…

A warm breath blew against her ear, making her jump.

She shot him a glare and pointed a knife at him, “Stop it!”

Dylan rolled his eyes and shoved the knife away, smiling seductively at Mika, “No need to go into your attack mode. Just let me help, will you?”

Mika sighed and said finally, “The hotdogs, cut them up.”

Dylan smiled.

He washed his hands and started dicing. “You like cooking?”

“No, I don’t,” Mika answered sarcastically. “I don’t like it, that’s why I’m cooking right now.”

Dylan chuckled, making the buzzing feeling inside Mika’s chest grow louder. “Hey, you should throw those in,” he said, leaning in closer to her and pointing at the other ingredients.

His scent…too close.

She pushed him away abruptly, “I know. Don’t order me around!”

He watched her in amusement.

What am I getting worked up for? Mika thought irately. He’s just a stupid, stupid homo.

~

Dylan couldn’t help teasing her.

The stone-hard look in her face seemed to grow softer and softer each day, and her expressions started to show.

It made him wonder how Mika looked like when she laughed and smiled…and made him want to see it for himself.

He wanted to see Mika smile.

~

“Breakfast looks nice,” Brad commented cheerfully.

“The hotdog’s a little toasted, don’t you guys think?” Lyndon chuckled then eyed Dylan and Mika playfully, “Maybe our cooks’ attentions are not focused to their cooking…”

Mika rolled her eyes and started to eat.

He’s right, she sighed. It is toasted.

She glared at Dylan, who was resting his cheek on the palm of his right hand while watching her eat. It’s your fault, you fag.

~

“Thanks, Den,” Dylan told Dennis before they were about to leave. “We’ll see you at school.”

Dennis just nodded and went back into his place.

Lyndon was, as usual, talking to some girl on his phone while Brad and Earl checked the tires and the engine.

“We’re all good,” Brad stated. “Let’s hit the road so we’ll get there before dark.”

Mitch positioned himself at the back of the car to sleep, while Mika and Dylan sat adjacent to each other on the second row seats with Kip.

Mika sighed.

“Hey, if you’re tired, you can lean against my shoulder,” Dylan grinned seductively.

“Shut it, fag,” she said somewhat monotonously, but a little different from her usual monotone.

“You’ve been acting pretty weird lately.”

Mika looked out the window and ignored him.

There’s nothing different about me, she told herself firmly.

~

Of all the places, they had to drop the two of them in front of his place.

Dylan’s house wasn’t really as large as Dennis’. It was a pretty normal place; it had a cozy feel to it that seemed to welcome her.

“Want to go in?” Dylan asked Mika.

“No,” she answered to gritted teeth. “I’ll go home on my own.”

Dylan grabbed her hand just as she was about to storm off, “Hey.”

Mika scowled at him, “What?”

“Why not come in? I’d like to introduce you to my sister. My parents aren’t home though. Please?”

He slowly let go and gestured for them to come in.

“Just for a few minutes.”

Dylan broke into a wide smile and then linked his hand with Mika again to lead her into his home. Mika stared at their linked hands.

He already had this habit of taking and holding her hand at the right moments.

The door opened, revealing a spacious well-lit home. Mika watched as Dylan led her through the place until they arrived at the living room.

Then Dylan stopped abruptly in surprise.

Mika followed his gaze and saw a beautiful blond-haired girl.

“Dylan!” the girl exclaimed happily. She hurried towards them, seeming oblivious to Mika’s presence.

Her round eyes were deep jades—a color Mika thought was prettier than her blue ones.

“I’ve been waiting for you,” she said.

Mika’s eyes widened when Dylan’s hand around hers loosened—

“Heather?”

—and completely let go when the beautiful girl threw herself towards him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yey update! Comment / Subscribe! Please don't be a silent reader, K? I mean, comments make me happy and inspired. Love ya'll.