Status: DOWN for re-editing / won't be updating any time soon. I'm sorry.

Complicated You; Sophisticated Me

always.

"So, when are you going to introduce me to your mom?" Dylan asked soon after Mika had stopped crying.

Mika raised an eyebrow.

"You know, to pay respects to her grave?"

"I told you, we don't have to," Mika said. "I mean, it's very far―"

"That's not a problem," Dylan smiled. "I could call Lyndon and ask him to take us. Tomorrow's a Saturday anyway, and I bet he's free. Do you have work tomorrow?"

"Well, no―"

Dylan cut her off―again. "That's good then. Let's go!"

Mika wondered why he was so enthusiastic about this. They were going to a cemetery, a boring cemetery, and he was this excited.

She thought about it for a while and shrugged. I guess it's okay. I haven't been there for...a long time. Mika nodded shortly.

"Great!" Dylan clasped his hands like a child.

Mika looked up at her clock. "Shouldn't you be home?"

"I told you I didn't want to go. Can't I stay?"

Mika's heart raced. "Absolutely not!" She could definitely feel blood rushing up to her cheeks.

"Why not?"

"Are you crazy?"

Dylan beamed. "All right, all right." He slid out of Mika's bed. "I'll come pick you up tomorrow. Are you going to be fine?"

"I'll be fine," Mika said―but this time, she meant it.

He knew her weakness. He knew the truth...and still, nothing changed between the two of them. Mika wanted the feeling to last forever.

And for the first time since her mother's death, she felt like the Mika she used to be.

"Dylan―" she began nervously. She pursed her lips. "Goodnight."

Dylan's eyes widened for a second, before he gave her a sweet smile and leaned closer to kiss her forehead. His lips felt warm against her skin. "Goodnight, Mika."

~

Dylan woke up feeling extremely happy. He rolled out of bed, took a bath, fixed himself, and slid into a white v-neck shirt with black denim pants. He looked at his reflection on the mirror and felt pleased with himself, even though his hair looked like he'd just woken up from bed.

The door to his room creaked from behind, and his sister toddled towards him. "Dylan?"

He smiled, "Hey. What's up?"

Nova reached up, gesturing for Dylan to carry her. He picked her up and pinched her cheeks. "Where are you going?"

"Somewhere with Mika and my friends," he answered.

"Who's Mika?"

That's when Dylan had an idea. "Where's your nanny?"

"She's downstairs."

Dylan sauntered out of his room. "Let's go ask your nanny to dress you up, then."

~

Everyone was here―Brad, Earl, Lyndon and even Dennis and Mitch―plus there was a little girl here too!

She approached Dylan and whispered, "Who is she?"

Dylan grinned. "My sister. Nova, meet Mika. Mika, this is Nova."

Mika leveled herself with the little girl and noticed that she looked exactly like Dylan. Nova's eyes were light shades of gray and her hair was long and brown and silky.

"Hello," Nova smiled.

Mitch called Dylan for help in carrying the coolers―and this wasn't even a picnic, take note. He excused himself and only Mika and Nova were left alone.

"How old are you?" Mika asked.

"I'm six," she replied. "Are you Dylan's girlfriend?"

Mika glanced at Dylan to make sure he wasn't listening. She smiled slightly. "I guess...I guess I am."

~

Dylan couldn't help smiling as he watched Mika and Nova talk with each other.

He tried his best to not drop the cooler he was carrying and run to them. Mitch tsked behind him, and reeled him back to his senses.

"Mika might melt with you staring at her like an obsessed stalker," Mitch smirked.

Dylan's cheeks warmed. "H-Hey!"

"What are you going to do about Heather?"

"Nothing. I told her I won't go back. I'm not leaving Mika," Dylan answered, still looking at Mika's direction.

"She won't give up."

"I won't, either."

Mitch tilted his head upwards. "She's been crying since."

"She's staying at your place, right? You should just convince her to move back to California. She would be better off without me, anyway."

"You know," Mitch began. "It's hard to watch the girl you love crying for some guy."

Dylan looked at Mitch. So he was right, after all, all those years. Mitch did love Heather. "You liked her since we first met her."

"Like and love are different things," Mitch said. "I used to like her; I didn't know when I started to love her."

"Then you should just ask her out."

"She doesn't want me. She wants you."

Dylan didn't know what to say, so he just shook his head.

"She's my friend, Dylan."

"Hey, aren't I your friend too?" Dylan laughed. "Plus I kissed you in our dare game."

Mitch chuckled as hit Dylan's head. "I had already buried that in the deepest, darkest corner of my brain, you bastard."

What happened before between the two of them seemed forgotten as they laughed. They really are friends, after all.

"Do you still want to help Heather?" Dylan asked shortly.

"Yeah," Mitch answered, and started to walk away. "But that doesn't mean I won't help you."

"You really should pursue her, man."

Mitch smiled, "Maybe I will. Don't forget: you really should admit you love her."

Dylan glanced back at Mika before he trailed behind Mitch. From there, Dylan could see her smiling.

Whatever would happen next, he would always be at Mika's side.

Always.
♠ ♠ ♠
The chapter I made of this (a week ago) got deleted because of an error on Mibba, so I had to rewrite it all over again so this is not really good.

This chapter sucks. :( Comments?