Status: DOWN for re-editing / won't be updating any time soon. I'm sorry.

Complicated You; Sophisticated Me

realization.

"Where do we go now?" Brad asked Dylan.

Dylan stole a glance at Mika, and quickly averted his eyes when she caught his gaze. He coughed forcefully and fanned himself. "Uh...should we go to CrazyCroc's Water Park? You know, this day's been pretty tense and all..."

Brad grinned widely and elbowed Earl. Earl chuckled and mouthed, "Lovesick."

Blood rushed to Dylan's cheeks. "It's just that―" He thought of a good reason. "―Nova! Right, Nova's always wanted to go to CrazyCroc's! Let's go there!"

This time, Lyndon patted him on the back, shaking his head as if he's sympathizing with Dylan. "Tsk, tsk, Dylan. Your mind's still too young and still too in love."

Earl and Brad teased at the same time, "Lovesick!"

"Idiots!" Dylan yelled, fanning himself faster because the sun was too hot―or was it the sun, really?―and he was sweating a lot.

~

Nova held Mika's hand tightly. She liked her already.

"Mika, look!" Nova called Mika's attention. "Look there! The mountains are blue!"

Mika smiled. "They're pretty."

"I colored the mountains in my coloring book blue once, but my teacher said it was wrong!"

Brad and the other guys laughed. "Your teacher's a little demented in the head, don't you think?" Brad said.

Beside Mika, Dylan leaned closer to the window. Mika's heart raced. She felt too aware of him. Dylan looked at her and smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry," he muttered.

"It's okay," Mika answered.

Her heart was pounding.

Nova looked at Mika and then at Dylan. "Dylan," she began and crawled to his lap.

Dylan grinned, "What's up, Nova?"

"Do you love Mika?"

The others laughed as Mika and Dylan both blushed. What the―why's my heart beating so fast? Mika bit her lip as her hand made its way to her chest.

"Come on, kiddo, just answer the question," Earl bellowed.

"Do you love Mika?" Nova asked again.

Dylan smiled nervously, "Uh, Nova―"

"This is gonna be good," Lyndon nudged Brad.

"Do you love Mika?" Nova asked for the third time.

Mika closed her eyes, drowning herself in the loud beating of her heart. Why am I even waiting for his answer?

She felt nervous.

Thump.

"I..." Dylan's voice came out almost inaudibly.

Thump.

"I... Honestly, I..."

Thump.

"Yes."

Mika's eyes widened. Her heart felt like it wanted to escape her chest, her breathing felt heavy, her eyes started to become dizzy...she felt...

Happy.

The way her heart beat...the way she thought of Dylan...the way his smile calmed her down...the way her cheeks grew warm every time he leaned close to her...the way he held her hand...the way his voice soothed her...

Is this love? she wondered.

Nova smiled at Dylan, "I love her too!"

Mika closed her eyes again.

It is.
♠ ♠ ♠
SUPER LATEEEEEE! Comments anyone? Sorry I'd just updated now. I was too busy. So yeah, here it is for you awesome people.

Comments appreciated! Don't be a silent reader now!

Does this chapter suck or what? I wanna know! Is it going to fast? Should I slow down or what?