Status: DOWN for re-editing / won't be updating any time soon. I'm sorry.

Complicated You; Sophisticated Me

trouble.

"Dylan?" Mitch answered on the other line of the phone, his voice barely audible in the midst of screaming fan-crazed crowd.

"Where are you?" Dylan asked, practically yelling to be heard. "We need to go. Right now!"

"What?"

"We have to go!"

And the phone call was off.

Dylan gritted his teeth, "We've got no choice but to wait, I guess."

Mika pursed her lips as she held Nova's hand in hers. She looked up at Dylan but she didn't say anything.

"Should we try looking for him?" Brad suggested. "The concert hasn't started yet anyway; the crowds may not be that thick."

Dylan looked back at Mika and smiled reassuringly, "We'll be right back."

~

"I'm bored," Nova said. "Mika, let's go play?"

Mika sighed, "Dylan told us to wait here, didn't he?"

"Please?"

"No."

Nova pouted. "Please?"

Mika crossed her arms, adamant. "No."

"Mika, please?"

"Nova," Mika sighed again. "My answer is no, and that's final, all right?"

~

Mika sighed as she watched Nova ride on the large Cinderella carousel with bright lights twinkling like stars. The sun began to set slightly, leaving streaks and strands of orange and violet in the vast sky. She smiled when Nova waved.

Mika looked at her wristwatch. Dylan and the others had been gone for almost half an hour now.

Where could they be? Mika wondered. If we don't leave right now, they'll―

"Mikayla."

Mika's eyes widened. It's his voice. Ember's. Mika turned wearily to face him. He wore his bleached-white hair longer now, Mika noticed. His eyes were still mischievous and annoying, both sides of his ears now pierced, and he still hadn't changed.

"Ember," Mika answered equally.

He slung an arm around her shoulders casually and laughed, "Mitch told me you'd be here somewhere, so I ordered management to close the theme park down just so I could have you cornered."

Mitch.

As if able to read her mind, he continued, "Met him before the concert."

Mika wanted to kill Mitch right now, the little traitor. Mika remembered Nova and did a quick turn, only to find that the carousel had already stopped―minutes ago.

Nova was nowhere in sight.

Mika shot Ember her coldest glare, "Where's Nova?"

"Easy there, tiger. She's with your guy. I had someone take her to them."

"How do you know so much about me? Last time I checked, you didn't give a damn."

Ember grinned, "You know how Dad is. He's been worried sick since you've left―no,let me rephrase―since you ran away. I was worried too, you know."

"Fuck off."

"Still the same bad mouthed little girl, I see."

"What do you want, Ember?"

Ember smirked as he rested his hand on his waist and shifted his weight. "Simple. You're coming with me."

As if on cue, two butler-like men stood on either side of Mika. Tuxedos and all.

"Ma'am," the older one said. Mika knew this pale, white-haired old man.

"Victor, help me," Mika's voice came out as an order.

"I'm sorry. This time I'll have to obey your father's orders. Please do not fight back anymore, Ma'am."

Mika scowled at Ember, who's now grinning smugly and triumphantly. "Must be so happy, aren't you?"

"Of course I'm happy," Ember replied. "Finally caught you in this game of hide and seek, little sis."

"Shut up."

"Oh, and by the way? Dad's here to meet his rebel of a daughter."

Mika's eyes widened.

All hell was about to break loose.
♠ ♠ ♠
Exam week's finally over! Comments please? Don't be silent reading on me now, dudes! <3