Status: DOWN for re-editing / won't be updating any time soon. I'm sorry.

Complicated You; Sophisticated Me

party.

Mika stepped into the large foyer of the hotel, bracing herself for the person she was afraid of the most.

Dad.

“Ah, Mikayla!” her father exclaimed. He was a man living thirty-eight years of his life, was nearly bald yet as debonair as a young English man, with beautiful blue eyes and a tall, muscular frame.

Mika loathed this man.

“What’s the deal with this, old man?” Mika yelled.

Her father approached her, a big and warm smile on his full lips. He said, “I’ve missed you so much!” He wrapped an arm around her shoulder casually. “Dress up, go. We’re going to have a party tonight.”

Mika raised an eyebrow. “Party?”

“Yes, didn’t Victor tell you?” Her father looked at the old butler behind Mika. The butler shrugged. He turned back to Mika. “Tonight is your party, dearest. Your official coming-back party!”

Mika’s eyes widened. Party?Her father decided without asking her again!

She pushed her father, tears starting to trickle down her cheeks. “I have to go back to my friends—“

“Friends?” Her father cut in, now with a smile even wider than before. “Marvelous! Victor, will you call her friends and invite them?”

“Hey—“

“This will be a smashing party, darling! Now, come along, come along…”

~

Later that afternoon, Dylan went straight for Mika’s apartment. He knew she wouldn’t be there, and yet it still made his heart sink.

She’s gone, he thought. Just like that.

Within a blink, she was a part of his life. Within a blink, she left it.

~

“Nova’s stopped crying now,” Gran said.

Dylan sat on Gran’s couch, blankly drying his hair with a towel. He thought about Mika nonstop, wondering what would happen now.

Wondering if she’ll ever come back.

She probably won’t, Dylan sighed.

It took him a moment to realize that his grandmother was staring straight at him with her wide, brown eyes. She wrapped her arms around Dylan’s neck comfortingly, the same way she used to do when he was still a little kid. “It’ll be all right, dear. It’ll be all right.”

Dylan held her hand tightly. “I’m scared,” he admitted, his voice croaked. “I’m scared that I won’t see her again.”

~

“Hello?” Dylan answered his phone when he saw the call coming from Lyndon. “What’s up?”

“We’re in front of Mika’s apartment right now. We have to go!” Lyndon exclaimed.

“What happened?”

Dylan heard something like ‘Give me the damn phone’. ”We’re invited to Mika’s party!” Brad enthused.

That single statement made Dylan smile. He scurried out of the room after changing his clothes. He was going to meet her again.

This time, he wasn’t going to let her go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter since I'm going somewhere.
I'll update later. =) For the meantime, comments?
Subscriptions? Opinions?

I love all of you! :*