Status: DOWN for re-editing / won't be updating any time soon. I'm sorry.

Complicated You; Sophisticated Me

different.

“Congratulations, you’re officially promoted from homo to deputy faggot,” Mika said. Her lips had instantly reverted back into a straight line.

Dylan’s eyes narrowed in exasperation.“Gee, thanks.

Mika—smiling? The thought itself was absurd and stupid.

“Let’s just go,” Dylan said almost brusquely, putting his hands into his pocket.

He’s depressed about something, Mika noted. He had a dark and abstruse expression, something Mika never saw before since they’d met. Usually he’d just laugh it off and call me stingy or harsh.

Dylan started walking away, and this time, Mika shuffled behind him.

~

Dylan sighed as they walked through the marble-floored hall, “You’re really high maintenance—do you know that?”

Saying things out of politeness didn’t work for Mika. With her, you always had to spit everything onto her face flat, because she was good in reading other people.

“What kind of pride do you have inside of you, anyways?” he continued.

There was a brief respite between them before Mika spoke.

“At least I’m not the one throwing tantrums when I don’t get my way,” she said in her usual impassiveness, her blue eyes boring into his. “Behind the eyes of every person is a different story; always remind yourself of that.”

Behind the eyes of every person is a different story, he repeated.

Mika might be a little blunt but she does say very simple, yet powerful things.

“What are you smirking alone for, you fag?” she blurted mercilessly.

Dylan took back what he thought. Mika’s not just a little blunt. She’s a hundred percent rudely blunt.

~

Eyes widened and jaws dropped.

“Guys—meet Mika,” Dylan announced when they arrived at a table where his friends sat. “My girlfriend.”

Mika just rolled her eyes, but didn’t say anything. They won’t believe it anyway.

Dylan introduced them one by one, “These are my friends.”

Gorgeous people are friends with other gorgeous people too, I see,Mika thought.

Earl nudged Lyndon and whispered something indistinctly to Brad. The other two, Dennis and Mitch, returned back to their meals shortly.

“Um, not being rude and all—“ Lyndon began finally. “—but seriously?

Earl, Lyndon and Brad looked at Dylan incredulously. Not that it bothered Mika though. She’d expected reactions like that already.

Dylan grinned, “Yeah, seriously.”

“That’s not unlikely, though.” Mitch cut in.

Mika’s eyes skimmed slowly to him. He had neatly cropped autumn brown hair and piercing hazel eyes that stood out against his light-colored skin.

Mitch broke into a cryptic smile when he noticed her looking at him. He usually kept quiet in times like this, but just now he’d commented—and then there was that amused smile on his lips while he looked at Mika… For some unknown reason, Dylan felt his stomach knot into a pretzel.

His hand instinctively folded itself around Mika's.

"Is there something malfunctioning in your head again?" she asked Dylan mockingly.

"Just shut up and don't let go."
♠ ♠ ♠
I just thought of the perfect song for this story. Ha-ha. Beside You by Marianas Trench! I am so in love with the song. Listeeeen to it :>

~

Anyway. I'm really finding it difficult to write Mika and Dylan's characters. I dunno. It's probably because it's the first time I've written people that are so complex (you'll understand soon; right now they might seem simple)

Even I can't measure them. It's really hard to develop an intimate relationship between the two, since my female protagonist is blocking me out too. =)))))

That's why I'm going to ask you this crucial question: IS IT TOO CONFUSING, FAST-PACED, AND UNREALISTIC? Your answers will be appreciated very much. Please, I need your help on this. I'm sweating, lol. Give me your thoughts so far, please. I BEG OF YOU. REALLY.

Sorry about the shortness of the chapter. It is intentional. Thank you.