Status: DOWN for re-editing / won't be updating any time soon. I'm sorry.

Complicated You; Sophisticated Me

clouds.

Television dramas: it’s not actually funny when it’s happening to you in real life.

Mika expressionlessly looked at the girls that circled around her, asking her of her relationship with that stupid, immature Dylan.

They’d cornered her outside the school grounds when they saw Mika walking alone. Dylan still had some stuff to do and told her to go on ahead—not that I would wait for him even if he didn’t, she thought.

“I don’t want to waste my time on girls like you,” Mika said languidly. The model-like girl in front of her—the leader of the weirdos—looked like a bolt of spasm had just hit her.

Flush-faced, she said, “You must be feeling so conceited right now, aren’t you—being able to sit with Dylan and his guys?”

Mika disregarded them and shoved another girl away. A hand brusquely grabbed her shoulder. Mika cursed under her breath.

“Don’t think you can get away from this,” the leader said.

Mika didn’t flinch from the girl’s long nails pressing onto her skin, practically blocking the flow of blood. “Let go.”

“Bite me.”

Wrong answer there, sweetie—

Because she really did. Hard.

The blonde girl exclaimed and yanked Mika away, “What the—she really bit me! The bitch bit me!”

She relished the moment with dark amusement. Standing up for herself felt as good as water in the middle of a desert.

“Grab her,” Blondie barked at the other girls.

Before they were able to pin her down, someone said, “Group bullying? It’s such a waste that pretty girls do that kind of nasty stuff.”

Mika looked up at Mitch Roth, the mysterious guy who had the perceptive eyes. She didn’t like him; the way he had looked at her was disturbing.

“Mitch!” Blondie exclaimed sheepishly. “We were just—“

“Disgusting,” he cut her off harshly.

The other girls nudged her. “Let’s just go.”

With one final glare at Mika, she left with her group. Mika picked her black backpack up from the ground and muttered an ungrateful thanks as she sauntered ahead of him.

Mitch smiled amusingly to himself and asked, “Mikayla Jaden Trace, isn’t it?”

Mika stopped in her tracks and looked over her shoulder warily at him.

“That would be your real name, wouldn’t it?”

Mitch Roth, she logged his name in her thoughts. A very disturbing person, indeed.

He smirked as Mika nodded her head expressionlessly. Mitch inched closer to her, his eyes staring at her with threatening conviction.

“Of course it is,” he smiled.

~

Dylan paused when he saw Mitch, his head bent closely to Mika’s. They seemed to be talking about something important—

Something Dylan wouldn’t ever know about…something between them only.

He clenched his hands, feeling annoyed for no apparent reason, and walked away.

~

Mika opened the door and flicked the lights on, revealing the cream colored walls of her apartment room. She placed her bag on top of a mahogany table. She went over to the small kitchen and prepared a sandwich for herself.

After eating, she bathed and slip on a pair of pajamas Gran gave her.

She threw herself on her bed, thinking of what Mitch was challenging her with questions for.

Thoughts danced around her mind until she trailed off and drifted into sleep.

~

The following morning, Mika noticed that Dylan didn’t come to the apartment.

“Gran?” she began when she entered Gran’s place and did the usual. “Where is that guy? Did he come by?”

Gran smiled mischievously, “Why? Do you miss him?”

Mika said blankly, “No, just curious.”

She said her goodbyes and left for school.

Why would I miss him anyway?

~

Dylan felt out of it.

“Hey Dylan, you okay?” Kip nudged him when he noticed Dylan sighing and looking out the window.

“Yeah.”

“You don’t look like you do.”

Dylan managed a slight smile, “Just thinking of stuff, that’s all.”

Kip exchanged looks with Earl. Earl shrugged. Dennis was lost in his video game world while Lyndon was sweet-talking some girl.

“If there’s one thing that makes Dylan space out so much,” Mitch stated. “It would be because he’s thinking of Mika.”

“Since when did you become so talkative?” Dylan challenged amusingly. “As far as I know, you only talk when something is beneficial to you.”

“Uh, hey,” Kip looked from Mitch to Dylan. “Calmare—calm down.”

“Sparks are flying,” Lyndon commented and Brad and Earl agreed.

Mitch smiled wryly and shrugged before he went out of their classroom. “I guess this benefits me in some way.”

~

Mika ate her lunch alone in her classroom. Circles of friends were all around her, making her out of place.

She glanced at the window, since her seat was right next to it, and looked up at the sky. The fluffy, white cumulous clouds seemed to bring life to the dull sky.

Cumulous clouds, huh, she mused.

In a way, Mika was like the sky. She was dull and plain.

And the cumulous clouds represent—

“Mika,” Mitch called her from outside, stopping her from her thoughts.

This will probably start a bunch of rumors again, she sighed.

“What do you want?”

“What’s up with you and Dylan? Did you guys argue?”

“No.”

“Why is he acting like you had?”

“I don’t know.”

Mitch laughed, “What an interestingly boring girl.”

Mika rolled her eyes, “Is that all?”

~

They’re talking together again.

Dylan decided to confront Mitch and trailed after him. Mika was talking with him again—and they were meeting again.

This time, though, Dylan stepped in. He had the right, didn’t he?

~

“Excuse us for a while,” Dylan told Mitch before he dragged her away by the wrist and pulled her into the janitors’ cleaning shed.

“What’s wrong with you?” Mika sighed tiredly.

I don’t know!” he vented out, his face flushed anxiously. Dylan’s arms were on either side of her, cornering her against the wall. Stocked brooms fell to the floor. “Try asking yourself!”

“Hey me, what’s the problem?” she answered with flowing acid.

“Looking at another guy…meeting with another guy without me knowing—“ he said shortly. “I’m your boyfriend! That’s considered cheating!”

“Number one: this crap about me being your girlfriend is a joke. It’s all a game for you. Number two: are you fucking kidding me? Seriously.”

“I could at least tell that something’s going on between the two of you!”

A riot of emotions flooded out of Mika. She just couldn’t keep it inside of her anymore. She felt furious and so ticked off that she forgot that she shouldn’t show emotion to anyone.

“Ugh! I’ve had it with you and your tantrums!” Dylan flinched at her sudden outburst. “You’re a really selfish moron, aren’t you? You treat me like I’m a thing. I can’t believe you! I hate you!”

He took one step back and looked away, “Fine.”

Mika’s hand slightly twitched at the tone of his voice.

The door slammed shut behind Dylan, and Mika was alone in that little space. For the first time for so long, she had expressed herself. She had shown him the weak side of her—the one that could easily be affected by others.

She had let anger take over her.

~

“So you guys broke up?”

Kip asked casually while he and Dylan were alone. They were at the gym, watching Earl and Brad’s swimming practice. Mitch went home early, while Dennis said he had to grab a copy of a PSP game entitled Fat Princess.

“I’m not angry because I can’t understand a thing about her,” Dylan said. “I’m angry because I can’t understand a thing about me.”

Si,” Kip replied. “Well, for starters, what are you feeling right now?”

“I feel like punching someone’s lights out,” he answered half-jokingly.

Kip nodded, “That’s a good answer. In simpler terms, you feel like hell.”

~

“Young couples nowadays break up easily, I see,” Gran sighed, sitting on her rocking chair.

Not her too, Mika sighed, dicing up some tomatoes for sandwiches. She usually helped make food for Gran.

“Gran, we’re not together.”

“Dylan cares for you a lot, you know.”

Mika paused. I don’t believe that.

“He might not be able to express himself clearly, but he does. He’s never acted that way towards a girl ever since he…” Gran trailed off, and shortly decided to keep it to herself. “I’m sure you’ll understand soon.”

Behind the eyes of every person is a different story. Mika had her own—and so did Dylan and everyone else.

She looked at Gran’s wise gray eyes for a moment, before she turned her attention back to the counter.

Cumulous clouds brought life to the vast, dull sky.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. I had an insane mental block so I just updated today. Whew. So, what's up? Comment whatever and subscribe. Commenters make me HAPPY and INSPIRED to write even more. I LOVE YOUUU :">

To all my silent readers: I wish you'd comment. No pressure, lol. :)