Status: DOWN for re-editing / won't be updating any time soon. I'm sorry.

Complicated You; Sophisticated Me

heartbeat.

“I don’t drink,” Dylan said.

They were sitting on the floor in a circle with a bottle placed on the middle and some beer bottles on the side.

“Oh, come on. It won’t be as fun without alcohol kicking in,” Brad elbowed him. “Besides, I don’t think Mika would mind.”

Dylan looked at Mika, who was sitting on the couch, wonderingly.

Mika stood up and just as she was about to head to the assigned guest room she had to share with Dylan, Earl called her, “Hey—”

She glanced over her shoulder at him.

“—why don’t you join us?”

“Just for fun,” Lyndon grinned widely.

~

The bottle spun around them wildly, until it stopped and pointed to Mika.

I shouldn’t have joined—she sighed—this stupid game of theirs.

“Now, for the next person…” Earl spun the bottle again, and this time it pointed to—
Great.

—Mitch Roth, the dangerous guy who knew too much.

“So, Mitch gives the question or the dare, and Mika follows or answers it,” Brad explained, before he looked at Mitch. “So what’s it going to be?”

He smiled dangerously at Mika.

~

Dylan tensed as he watched Mitch.

“Truth or dare?” Mitch asked Mika.

“Dare.”

“Then…”

This is just a dare; calm down. It’s nothing personal. This is just a da—

“…kiss me.”

His stomach wrenched. What the hell was Mitch talking about?

“Hey, that’s not allowed,” Dylan gritted his teeth.

“Dyl, it’s just a dare,” Lyndon chuckled. “Just let them do it and let’s get it over with.”

“She’s my girlfriend. I won’t let a fucking dare do this to her.”

“It’s just a kiss,” Mitch smirked.

Dylan pulled his collar, and brought his lips closer—

And kissed him for a split second.

Brad, Earl and Lyndon’s jaws dropped. Mika didn’t know how to react.

Mitch raised an eyebrow when Dylan pulled away.

“You wanted a kiss right? I did her dare for you,” he said.

Mitch laughed as he rubbed his lips. “You’re crazy.”

It was awkward really. A guy kissing a guy was ultra mega super duper disgusting, but Dylan had to do it, so that Mika wouldn’t have to.

Mika was only his, after all.

~

Mika went on ahead to the room she had to share with Dylan and threw her back against the soft king-sized bed.

A while ago, something pounded inside her.

Girlfriend he said, Mika mused. He didn’t have to kiss Mitch Roth.

Her hand slowly found its way to where her heart was. Something pulsated in there—a lot of that happened recently, and it all began when Dylan entered her life.

What this feeling was, however, Mika refused to acknowledge.

She closed her eyes slowly.

~

“I’m going to sleep,” Dylan stated hazily. “I’m feeling all weird.”

“Dude, you just drank one bottle and you’re already drunk?” Earl laughed.

“Let him be,” Kip said, looking up at Dylan.

He wobbly walked to the assigned guest room, ignoring the others behind him. His head was whirling like a washing machine, and the only thing that he could think of was sleep.

Here it is, he thought and opened the door.

The large king-sized bed seemed majestic in front of him, almost as if there were trumpets and angelic voices singing around him and beckoning him to come closer.

Dylan started unbuttoning his black polo shirt, because he felt sweaty and hot even though the air conditioner was on.

He threw his shirt on the floor and rushed into the bed.

Ah, this feels so good, he smiled to himself.

Reluctantly, he opened his eyes when he noticed that there was a huge lump of blankets and pillows beside him.

He wrapped his arm and leg around it, hugging it and holding it in place.

~

Mika’s eyes snapped open, and she slithered out of her soft cocoon of blankets and pillows. Someone was hugging her, and she wanted to kill whoever it was.

It was Dylan.

She pushed his body away from her. What the—why is this fag half-naked?

Dylan groaned as Mika nudged him with her arm.

“Wake up, you perverted homo,” she said coldly.

Sleepy, long-lashed gray eyes looked at her lazily, “Oh, Mika, you’re here.”

“I thought we agreed that you’ll sleep on the floor? Why are you on the bed and topless?”

He smirked and sat up, leveling his face with hers, “Can’t we sleep together?”

Dylan looked so beautifully handsome in front of her. His face was somewhat cat-like and his longish brown layered hair was even more tousled than usual, and his lips were as reddish as his cheeks.

“You’re drunk,” Mika wrinkled her nose from the smell of beer. “Get away from me.”

He chuckled slightly and inched closer, still not taking his eyes off her.

Mika was now on the edge of the side of the bed, and Dylan clumsily crawled forward. Her heart was racing.

It isn’t racing, she thought defiantly.

“You know…” Dylan began, his lips slowly parted. “…you’re really beautiful…the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen…”

Mika’s cheeks grew warmer, and this time, she was too aware of it.

This is bad.

“Shut up!” she pushed him away.

Her barriers—the barriers she tried her best to maintain—was slowly crumbling, and Dylan was penetrating her safe space.

“…get away from me.”

Dylan leaned in to meet her lips—

But before he was able to, he collapsed into sleep and his head fell against Mika’s thighs.

Mika’s hand clutched at her chest. She couldn’t stop whatever was pounding in there, and it made her feel weak and vulnerable.

She looked down at Dylan’s sleeping face, and pushed his head back onto a pillow before she buried herself back into her cocoon of pillows.

Whatever emotion she was feeling right now, she had to bury and forget it.

I have to.