With This Gun.

Chapter 15.

I’m nowhere I’ve ever been before. Surrounded by a graveyard and staring down at a certain stone. I’ve never heard the name before and I’m sure of it. It’s a girls name, not from this day. I kneel down and put flowers by the grave. Red and white roses. Strange. I stand up and look around the graveyard.

Someone is walking toward me. A man in a gray suit and fedora hat. He has a scruffy mustache and beard. He’s probably an inch shorter than me and has a look of deep sadness in his eyes. He starts talking to me, but none of the words make sense. I see a tear ripple down his cheek and he bends by the grave. I look at him and notice a gold chain around his neck and a golden heart.


A knock on the door interrupted me. I told them the door was open and a man came in. I was expecting it to be the man from my mind, but he was young, skinny and shorter. Just a boy. He told me that the ship was about to dock, but I wasn’t paying any attention. When I noticed he’d stopped talking I nodded my head and stood up. I passed by him and pressed a fair amount of money into his hand.

“Get something to eat kid, it looks like you really need it.” He nodded his head and ran out the door. I smiled to myself. At least I could help someone.

I gathered my bags together and waited for somebody to come and get them. I walked to the deck and stared out. Finally there was land. A dock and a big city. Just what I needed. I was overwhelmed by the sight. So taken aback, that I completely forgot about that image.

I couldn’t wait to start my new life.