With This Gun.

Chapter 3.

I sat in that spot for what seemed to me like hours. I never moved, afraid something was going to hunt me if I did. Finally I sighed out of boredom and stood up once again. Again I heard a noise. Feeling nothing could be worse than what I’ve been through, I decided to approach it. I walked into the bush and looked around. Hearing a faint groan as I pursued. I came upon another human. She stared at me, wide eyed, her mouth agape.
“Why doesn’t he know?”

“What?” I asked out of confusion. She stared at me more.
“Did I say that out loud?”

“Yes, you did.” I replied.
“Oh no.”

I suddenly realized that the person I was speaking to was not moving her lips. She looked at me strangely as my eyes widened.
“Did I just..” My voice trailed and I went silent. She slowly nodded. I came out of my trance and shook my head. I must be dreaming. “We’re you the one in the alleyway?” I asked her, hardly expecting to get an answer. Just as I expected, she nodded again.

“So, what do I not know, according to you.” I asked, kneeling down beside her. She opened her mouth to speak, but closed it before any words came out. What happened suddenly flashed through my mind, but in more detail. I saw her there, she had bitten me and carried me to where I am now, at a speed no human could even be able to travel. I saw me, half awake, squirming in agony on the ground where I woke up. I realized I was not what I thought I was anymore.

I was what she was. Something I would never be accustomed to. A monster. As she saw my horror stricken face, she slowly nodded, ashamed. I fell backward by the force of the shock.

“I’m surprised you’re not thirsty. Mostly new additions are.” She said. Her voice a soft sympathetic tone. I looked up at her, surprised she actually spoke.

I swallowed hard. “Thirsty for what may I ask?” Though I already knew the answer before she spoke it.

“Blood.”