Walking Contradiction

NEVER PROMISE

Naima banged her head against the cold glass of the SUV window as she drove up the long drive way that was a stairway to hell. As a perfect strand of perfect black hair fell across a perfect pale completion, she lifted a perfectly manicured blood red nail and pushed it gracefully away from her perfectly shaped blood red lips. Finally the car pulled to a stop and Naima surveyed her surroundings from inside the car a water fountain bubbled merrily and sun shone over the courtyard in which they had parked.

“I shall open your door in just a moment, miss,” spoke the black suited man driving the SUV.

“Okay Angel, do not call me miss your what three years older than me? And you’re my friend. Besides I can open my own door.” Naima said, elegantly stepping out of the black car her long black hair billowing in the wind.

“So, Naima. You’re going to love it here aren’t you?” Teased Angel,

“Kill me now please,” Pleaded Naima, she wasn’t really the girl who followed rules. And she was not into the military her father ultimately controlled it all and she hated her prick of an adoptive father.

“Sorry, no can do.” Angel said putting an arm on her shoulder,

“You’ll be fine! I promise.” Naima for the first time wanted to hit Angel she hated being lied to, she just glowered at him with her one tiger coloured eyes.

If you had not seen the unusual colour of her eyes you wouldn’t have said she was a real living snow white except for the get up. Her blue skinny-leg jeans were hidden up to the knee with black knee high boots with a three inch heel, she wore a blood red halter neck and heavy eye liner, and no jewellery hid the obvious scars on her wrists from her long history of cutting to bleed away her pain. Naima picked up her suitcase and walked into the girls dorm as they called it. To Naima it was more like a somewhat over crowded prison cell.

“Uh, Cadet Bush.” Piped up receptionist who had guided her as Naima thrust her bag onto her bed.

“I don’t go by that last name.” Namia said turning and facing the woman,

“You actually have different accommodations, provided by your father.”

“My father is dead. Period. But seeing as my foster family have obviously done something I suppose I have better go there.” She rolled her eyes and lifted her bag.

As she followed the woman she noticed a guy out of the corner of her eye she swore she recognised him, but it was a though she couldn’t quite remember but that’s just dumb how could she not remember someone that hot. She shook her head and kept walking glancing back only once at the man. As the woman began to slow Namia’s heart filled with dread her foster dad had paid for her own house on campus! And it was done up to the nines with a pool out the back and a plasma TV Naima couldn’t help but smile all the while thinking.

‘I am going to kill him.’ She dumped her suitcase and went to exit, when the woman pressed a hand against her chest.

“You not going anywhere dressed like that.”

“Get you hands off me.”

“Get changed.” Naima grabbed the lady by the wrist and slammed her foot behind her knee the lady fell over and looked up at Namia her eyes narrowed.

“Get lost.” Naima sneered’

“Or what?” Smirked the lady “your just a little girly girl.”

“You don’t know the half of it.” And with that she stalked out of her room in search of the man she had seen earlier. Soon she laid eyes on the familiar messy black hair, she quickened her pace but never losing her grace. She soon realised she wasn’t going to catch this guy walking, running forward which was incredibly difficult given the size of her heel but she had mastered this technique to a certain degree, finally she was level with him. Suddenly he guy turned and walked straight into her she tripped and fell to the ground.

“Ow,” she muttered clutching her throbbing ankle.

“Sorry I wasn’t watching where I was going,” Said the man raising his phone revealing a half typed text message.

“Don’t stress,” She said standing up slowly her ankle immediately pained her and buckled under the weight and she collapsed back onto the ground. “Bitch.” She muttered wrapping her hand around her throbbing ankle.

“Are you okay?” Asked the guy,

“I think I sprained my ankle.” Namia said wincing.

“Okay are you serious or are you some crazed fan?” Asked the man taking of his sunglasses and looking at her with his bright green eyes,

“Fuck. You’re Billie Joe Armstrong. I am a fan, well at least try to be. But I am serious.” Naima said sliding back a little.

BILLIE JOE’S POV:

This girl looked up at me with golden coloured eyes, they looked like they belonged to a tiger. She was beautiful, with pale skin, black hair and blood red lips.
“I’m Naima,” She said and I lent down and tried to help her up “I can stand by myself thanks.” She said glaring at me.

She pushed herself up of the ground but immediately cursed and collapsed instinctively my arm lunged out and caught her before she hit the ground. Placing my arm around her waist I lifted her closer to me, before I’d even realised our faces were only inches apart.

“But it can never hurt to have some one to help.” I smiled sweetly and the girl blushed a little painting her pale cheeks a soft shade of pink.
I sat in a plastic chair and watched as the nurse bandaged Naima''s ankle and handed over a pair of crutches. As I stood up to leave Naima piped up.

"So what are you doing at military school anyway?"

"Visiting Tre's daughter, Ramona," Naima nodded and I pushed,

"What are you in for?"

"fighting too much and generally causing trouble, I guess," she chortled quietly and continued so softly that her voice was barely a whisper "I pushed it too far, apparently knocking out mass murderers isn’t looked to kindly upon," I swore I had heard wrong but shook it out of my head.

I followed Naima back to her 'dormitory' and gasped as she opened the door. The place had a plasma TV and a pool

"I know, what's the point of sending me here, right?" Naima laughed as she saw my raised eyebrows.

"I'd better be going; I was supposed to meet Ramona half an hour ago. She'll be wanting her cell phone which I was so kind to smuggle in for her," I rolled my eyes exasperatedly at that last statement thus earning me another dazzling smile from Naima.

"Bye Billie Joe," Her voice began to fill with unfamiliar sadness,

“I’ll come back and see you?” I asked, it was rude probably not my place to even ask,

“Would you?” She asked her eyes bright

“I promise,” I said with a smile, ever since I had divorced Adrienne I’d been pretty sad. We were still friends and all, but I missed her and the kids. Namia however made me smile.

“Don’t promise anything.” Naima said her voice was slowly raising “No one ever keeps their promises.”

“I do,” I started in my defence,

“Plase just dont promise....I know you probably will com back and visit but please just never promise!” Naima screamed, she covered her face with her hands.

“Hey, it’s alright. I’m here.” I said walking closer to the distraught girl,

“Goodbye Billie Joe.” She whispered her words stopped me dead in my tracks, her voice wasn’t angry it almost happy but a pitiful happy. I didn’t need to say anything, I opened the door and left. Leaving an index card with my name, e-mail and phone number.