Status: On going...

He's attractive, arrogant and invincible. Well, for now.

A Clue.

“Hey, let me go already!” Adam moaned and pulled at Carl’s arm, which was locked around his neck, dragging him. “No way, man; this is your punishment.” Carl chuckled, rubbing his fist against Adam soft brown hair, messing it.
They had managed to finally catch up with Adam, and proceed with his punishment; well, it was two against one in all fairness. As well as the fact that they are both lead captains on the sports evaluation team.

Ariel rolled her eyes, smiling slightly as they all made their way back to the infirmary. Only half an hour later of their chasing and playing, did they realise they left Ever by herself. Ariel led the way towards the wooden door, Carl following behind, dragging Adam by the head.
With a crack of the door Ariel opened the door, letting a gust of wind catch her off guard, until she noticed Ever sitting on the bed staring at the wide open window.

Ariel closed her eyes and sighed before closing the door; she knew what happened.
“Guys, can you go home? I need... talk to Ever... alone.” Ariel sighed seriously; this was going to be painfully hard for Ever and herself. “Why?” Adam stupidly wandered the question. “Shut up, you dope; it’s a girl’s talk... probably talking about periods and what-not.” Carl chuckled the joke before dragging Adam down the hall way. “Right...”

Ariel stared at the door intently for a few seconds before opening the door with a soft smile, a fake one, but a smile none the less. “Morning~” She sang the words as she skipped to Ever’s bed.
There was no reaction from her.
To be expected.
Ariel took the time to place herself beside the blank Ever; a page.
Smiling painfully at Ever’s empty and vacant stare. Ever’s once glistening with innocence eyes were dead.
She was the living-dead.

With a slight tap of her shoulder Ever slowly began to twist her head in Ariel’s direction; rewarding Ariel with the zombie-like stare Ariel knew way too much. “Who are you?” The words stabbed Ariel several times, but she learned to deal with it.
This was just a repeat of the same thing Ariel went through almost every morning.
There was a silence before Ariel hardened a smile on her face, “What are you talking about silly?” She forced the giggle. “I’m Ariel. Now come on, we need to get home. You were sleeping by Adam the whole day, geez...” She continued her facade.
Ever processed the new information; processing... processing. “Oh, yeah...!” She managed to conjure up whatever piece of memories she had left insider her and mix it up with her imagination.
Creating an almost false memory.
“Adam, right?” Ever grinned at the thought of the imaginary boy she conjured. But her imagination trifled with her as a nightmare not long ago created came back to mind and she began to cling, quivering, onto Ariel.
“What’s wrong?”
“Hmm...” Ever closed her eyes shut, trying to remember but not wanting to. “I had a dream... pictures... blackness... it was empty... I was alone – I think, I was running away... from something... I was running from... myself. She was so scary... she wasn’t me... but she was... and I didn’t like it...” Tears threatened to trickle, but Ariel refused to allow that and decided to take Ever home.

All secrets known between everything and everyone kept hidden in Ariel’s eyes.
And another.

___

“Ow... that hurts, idiot!” Adam groaned as he clutched for his dear life. “Oh, right; I forgot I was holding your life in my hands...” Carl vacantly mumbled before letting go, leaving Adam gasping on the play ground floor, pavement.

“Geez... what’s with you...?” Adam gasped looking up at Carl; who obtained a very far look, staring at something with disgust in his eyes.
Adam froze on the floor, there was a distinctive feeling of hatred and mischievous trailing at the ground and attacking him, without a first glance Adam knew who Carl was staring so intently at; Jeremy Anderson.

Adam didn’t like him.
That was clear.
And even though he only met with him once; the first impression was enough for Adam to back away from the guy. There was something not right about him. Something different.
“Oh, this bastard just had to come...” Carl spitted as the sight of Jeremy drew closer.
Adam didn’t quite remember the two meeting, but they clearly had considering Carl’s screwed up face and Jeremy’s pity smirk, they had for each other.

Adam stood up, dusting off himself, before reluctantly waiting for Jeremy’s charge.

He glided across the wide playground, long legs leaping like frogs, yet more delicate and gently, almost as if he was barely touching the ground. His hair flew behind him, trailing possessively as his smirk played on his face the closer he glided. “Afternoon... boys.” His attitude certainly pissed off Carl, and Adam had noticed it.
Carl had never hated someone, and show it on his face as much as now.

“Jeremy...” Adam mumbled the greeting, avoiding eye contact.
“Carl...” Jeremy’s smirk sang though his voice.
“Fuck off.” Carl spitted.
Adam shot a look of surprise at Carls’ direction.
No matter where, when or who; Carl had never swore, never been the one to be impolite or be the one to show his feelings. Although, this was clearly the first time.
“Oh, come now; no need to be so cynical.” Jeremy chuckled, his big hands covering his smirk of a game.
“What do you want?” Carl hissed the question, which sounded more like a threat.
Okay, something definitely happened between them.

“I wanted to know if Adam knows about the accident; the car crash.” Huh?
Adam froze in a shock before questioning Jeremy with his eyes.
“Oh... seems like you don’t remember, huh?” His grin grew. “Thing’s just got interesting, now, haven’t they?”
“What are you talking to about...?” It was Adam’s turn to hiss; things were beginning to play up in his mind. He was one to be stupid but he wasn’t one to forget... unless he wanted to.
“Stop it...” Carl interrupted, but Jeremy refused to stop. His grin threatening the explosion of secrets; but his lips only gave out one piece to the clue...
“Ever’s parents death, of course.”