Status: On going...

He's attractive, arrogant and invincible. Well, for now.

A Tyrants Dismay.

“Year Eleven...” The tyrant of a teacher stood their tediously as he yawned for the attention of the class. “As you know Open day is coming up soon, to be exact its next Wednesday, and seeing it may be your last year in this school, it has been accustomed for each and every one of you pupils to take up a subject...” He continued to rant but Adam had managed to block him out in order to ask Carl something.
“Psst.” He whispered. “What’s open day?”
The expression that covered Carl’s face was one that shocked Adam. The mask that he wore conveyed only one word; Pissed. It was as if you could see the vein popping out of his forehead, due to excessive headache and anger. With a click of his tongue Carl said, “It’s after school, where we, student who need to study for exams, waste four hours of our precious youth working hard to make our crappy school look better for the new year sevens (poor innocent fools), like that’s possible. How is it possible to show of skills no one really has? And what do we get out of it? ‘E-X-P-E-R-I-E-N-C-E’. What a load of bull.” He sighed in frustration, if it wasn’t for his tolerance level, he would have snapped the desk in two by now.
He always hated to work without a reward.
It went against his moral rights.

“Hm... it doesn’t sound that bad.” A grin grew on Adam’s face. “I wander what Ever’s doing?”
Carl’s anger was slowly covered by a question, “Is stuff... okay with you guys then?”
Adam knew what Carl meant but none the less it wasn’t a very simple thing to talk about, “Yeah... I guess so,” He sighed as he cupped his cheek and stared at the front. “Our feelings are there, I know it. I can’t feel it, but... there’s still something missing. I don’t know whether it’s my indecisiveness, or her lost memories, but I get the feeling there’s something bigger than just us. A big wall that’s going to take so much effort and so much time to break.”
A pang of guilt hit Carl as the thought of his friend suffering over the known to him, tortured him. It was never a proud feeling to hide something form one of your closest friends. Then again, did he have a choice? It was too early for Adam to be brought into the tragedy that is Ever. They would just have to wait.
“Now, that you twerps understand, all you need to do is ask your designated subject teachers for a form, and get your parents to sign it. Now I can’t be bothered to wait for the first bell, so run off to first period.” He dismissed them with a wave of his hand. Nothing new.

“What do we have first?” Adam murmured to himself.
“French,” A girl from his class answered with a smile, her curls bouncing behind her as she walked past Adam and headed down the hall.
One thing Adam loved about his class is that the girls learned who he really was and decided not to take an interest him, considering they had all been in the same class for five years. They were the only girls Adam could call proper friends. But would Ariel be called a friend or a rival? Either way, the thought sent shivers down his spine.

The day past surprisingly fast, then again Adam did sleep through half of his lessons. Although no one would believe he still manages to achieve the highest of grades, only because of the amount of private tutors his family had bought. He had already overly achieved everything he was meant to learn in his current lessons. That thought brought him to the matter of his parents. How long has it been seen he’s seen them?
A month? Two month? No, it’s been almost six months and there still have been no sign of contact from them. He could never really keep track of them to begin with. They enjoy travelling; they hated being cramped in one place, even if it did mean leaving their son on his own to carry on his education. As much as Adam wanted to resent them, he couldn’t, he knew no matter what just how much they truly loved him, and it took a toll on him to the point where thinking about his parents had become bitter and lonely.
But still! The list they could do is giving a call once in a while, showing just how much they care, or at least to tell him they’re okay. What a troublesome family.

“A-Adam?” Her sweet confused voice called out to him. It was an unsure voice, which meant she had forgotten. It took all of Adam’s strength to turn around with a plastered smile. “Ever!” He responded enthusiastically.
She flinched backward at his familiarity, it was the first time she saw him today. This was to be expected. Yet no matter how many times he had to go through with this circle, it always seemed to have the same unnecessary pang of guilt that hit him a thousand times in the heart. “How’s your day been?” He asked, his smile not reaching his eyes as he took her hand.
Ever stood their frozen for a few moments, contemplating to herself. It didn’t take time for her to relax under his warmth, that seemed to have surged from his hand and swam all over her body. Her uneasiness disappeared as she genuinely smiled back. And suddenly the next wave of guilt hit Adam as he saw her glimmering face, sparkle at his clay frozen mask. “It was good.” She giggled as they both walked out of the school, with their hands tied.

Just how long was this going to go on for?