Status: Finished, need to update.

Your Protector

Finally

I saw light flash across my eyes and slowly blinked them open to see the face of the Joker staring right back at me. I jumped and scooted away from it, still not registering that it was a poster. I ran into something hard and jumped up slightly once again. At that moment, I felt slight pressure to my waist and looked down to see strong arms wrapped around me, making me turn carefully to see who it was. I laughed at how stupid I was after seeing Alex’s face and remembering what had happened. I was Alex’s girlfriend and I was so happy I wanted to jump out of bed and run in circles. I started to get up, forgetting about Alex’s arms and whined when I couldn‘t get out of his death grip. I started squirming, still wanting to run around, but he didn’t budge. I turned slowly giving up and studying his face. He will wake up eventually. His black hair was sticking up in all directions, making it look like someone had put a vacuum to his head while he was asleep. I brushed his hair out of his ocean blue eyes and away from his forehead so I could see his ivory colored face more clearly. He stirred and mumbled something in his sleep. I stopped touching him and his grip tightened on me, making me wonder what he was dreaming. After waiting a while I went back to studying him. He had no sign of acne or flaws on his face except for a small scar on his forehead that his hair usually covered. I was the only one that knew he had a scar there and I knew how he got it.

We were helping my brother move some wood and Alex was walking behind me to make sure if I tripped, he could catch me. My brother called my name and I turned around fast, accidentally hitting Alex with the wood. We rushed him to the hospital and he got two stitches. The doctor said we were lucky that I didn’t hit him that hard or I would have damaged his brain and possible made him forget everything. After hearing that I couldn’t help but let my eyes tear up. This caused the doctor to look at me again. He said that Alex was asking for me and sent me into his room so we could talk. I walked over to his bed and cried saying, ‘I could have made you lose your memory. You would have forgotten me.’

‘The doctor said people who lose their memory sometimes don’t forget important people in their life and I could never forget you.’


He was out of the hospital a week later and everything was normal again.

Alex mumbled again and brought me out of my flashback. He moaned softly and held on to me tighter. I had no clue what was going on in his dream but I decided to wake him up.

“Alex,” I cooed in his ear, “Wake up sleepy head.”

Alex snuggled into my neck and tightened his arms more. He moaned once again making me laugh. My laugh was cut short after he said something though. “Hmm. Alexis.” He whispered, his breath hitting my neck.

I was shocked at first then I decided to wake him up before he got into his dream., “Alex. Wake up Teddy Bear. Time for school.” I put my hand on his head and ran it through his hair.

I felt his eyelashes brush against my neck, showing that he had woken up.“Give me a minute.” He groaned and pulled away from me, causing me to whimper from losing contact with him. He smiled and pecked me on the cheek sloppily.

“Eww. Alex that’s gross.” I wiped my cheek with the back of my hand and leaned my head on his chest.

“No it’s not. It’s cute when dogs do it.” He laughed. He ran his hands through my hair and got up. I looked Alex up and down , blushing when I saw he had no clothes on. I turned when I saw his friend was happy and laughed “Have you looked in a mirror lately? I’m sorry to break it to you but you’re not a dog. Also I thought you would have noticed but look down.” I said, gesturing to his middle area, still blushing.

I turned around to see his reaction. He looked down and I could see him bite his lip to keep from laughing. His cheeks turned a little pink causing me to giggle uncontrollably. I had never seen a guy blush so it was kind of funny. “Trust me, I noticed. I was just hoping you wouldn‘t.” He said nervously, trying to cover himself. I could tell he was uncomfortable.

“Well I don’t know anything about guys problems but you need to fix it so we can go to school.”

“I‘ll take a shower. I‘ll be just a minute.”

“Hurry back doggie.”

“Yay! I win!” He screamed while he ran to the bathroom laughing like a maniac.
I heard the water in the bathroom shut off after a little and grabbed my clothes. I set them on my bed to see how they looked together. I had just gotten my shirt halfway on and the bathroom door opened, causing me to squeal. I heard the door slam shut and got my shirt on the rest of the way. I waited a few seconds and heard a knock from the bathroom door. “Yes Alex?”

“You finished?” I heard him say from behind the door.

“Yeah. You could’ve come in. You just scared me is all.”

The bathroom door swung open revealing a shirtless Alex with a nervous face. “Sorry.”
I started laughing uncontrollably. “Wow you open the door when I barely have my shirt on then walk out without yours. What’s with that?”

“I forgot mine.” Alex said laughing with me. He walked over to his bag next to my dresser and pulled out a button up, black shirt, with a picture of a skull on one side.
“Nice shirt. It looks good on you.”

“Thanks. I like yours too. It’s all purple and low-cut. Alex likes.” he said smirking, and wrapping his arms around me.

“Pervert!” I grabbed a pillow from the floor, threw it at him, and ran down the stairs.
Alex caught me half way causing me to fall. Just when I thought I would hit the ground I felt myself being lifted up. Alex had me bridal style and was looking at me worried. “Did I hurt you?”

“No. You saved me.”

Alex stared at me a while then leaned into me. He smiled slightly then kissed me hard and set me on my feet. My head was spinning and I felt like I would fall again. That was the best kiss ever! Wow! I swayed a little and Alex picked me up again. “Guess I have to carry you. Who knew princesses could get drunk?” Alex said laughing then taking off full speed to the door, causing me to scream and clutch his shirt like a little kid. He stopped running and unlocked his truck then set me in the passenger seat. To my surprise, he climbed over me clumsily to get to his seat.

“Lazy.” I stated, still angry with him for freaking me out.

“Your right. And I’m sorry for scaring you.”

Wow, this boy can read my mind. He said exactly what I was thinking. “It’s okay. It was kind of fun.” I admitted smiling and leaned my head on the window. I wonder how long it will take Sammy to figure out we were together.

We arrived at school after a while with about ten minutes to spare. Alex opened my door for me and grabbed my hand after he helped me out of the car. He shut the door and locked his truck with a button thing then walked over to Sam who was sitting on a bench with a person I didn‘t recognize. “Hey Sam,” Alex greeted, “Who’s this? A friend?”

Sam blushed then covered his cheeks, trying to hide it. “No and yeah. This is Nathan.”

“Hello Nathan.” I said smiling and hugged him with the arm that Alex wasn’t holding. Nathan jumped when I touched him but relaxed after a few seconds.

“Hi.” He said so softly that I had to strain my ears to hear him. I looked at Sam and tilted my head sideways.

I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind and knew it was Alex. “You’re cute when you do that.” he said out of nowhere, making me laugh.

Sam gave me a confused look then said, “Nate doesn’t talk much so his voice is really quiet. He‘s shy around people he doesn‘t know.”

I saw Nathan smile at Sammy in thanks and nod his head.

“I see.” I said looking at Nate and smiling. “Hey Alex?” I said turning around in his arms to face him.

“Yeah?”

“Can you leave with Nate a second?”

“Why?” Alex said looking genuinely sad.

“I want to talk to Sammy.” I said smiling and putting my arms around his waist. “Please?”

“Fine.” He pouted and let go of me then gave me a push toward Sam and started walking away.

After he was gone, Sam looked at me with a grin so big he looked like a cartoon character. “What?” I asked, confused.

“What’s with you and Alex?”

“Uh… Well I was going to call you last night but…” I trailed off

“Yes?” Sam raised his eyebrows.

“We kind of fell asleep. Alex asked me out and I said yes.” I said rushing the first part, hoping Sam wouldn’t say anything about it.

“When you say fell asleep…”

“Well...” Samuel knew what I meant and frowned a bit. He was like my older brother so he worried about things like that. He didn’t want me to do anything stupid and regret it. He reminded me of Jason, except gay.

"Was it your first time?"

I nodded my head. "Yes."

“You don’t regret it and you really love him?” Sam said seriously.

“Of course.”

“Ok well how do you feel today.” He said, concern in his voice.

“Well I’m kind of sore but it wasn’t too bad.”
“He didn’t pressure you into it? And he was gentle right? If he wasn’t I will kill him.”
“No. Yes. And don’t kill him. Anything else?”
“One more. Were you safe?”

I dropped my head and shook it from side to side. “It was a spur of the moment. He didn’t expect it so he didn’t have anything. Neither did I.” Small tears came from my eyes.

He slowly wiped away my tears and pulled me into him. “Well just pay attention to when you start your period. If you miss it tell me and we’ll talk. You really need to clue in Alex though . I’m sure he didn’t even think about that.”

“Thanks I will.” I stopped crying and pulled away.

“What did you want to talk about?” He asked after a while.

“So when you said Nathan was a friend but he wasn’t what did you mean?”

“He’s my boyfriend.” Sam whispered, embarrassed.

“You don’t need to be shy Sammy I’m your friend. You can tell me anything.”

“I know but he’s my first boyfriend and it makes me nervous.”

“Well I know you’ll be happy. You two seem close even though I only saw you a few minutes. Good luck with him honey. I’m going to find Alex and send Nate back over here. Thanks again. Bye Buddy.”

I walked off toward the direction Alex had gone and saw him talking to Nathan. I walked up behind Alex and put my finger to my lips when Nate’s eyes saw me. He looked away and I wrapped my arms around Alex’s waist, laughing when he jumped. He turned around wide-eyed and I saw love in his eyes once he noticed it was me. “Hello sunshine.” He said bending down and kissing my cheek.

I jumped when the bell rang, causing Alex to laugh. He pulled me onto his back and carried me into the school. When he got to my art class, he set me on the ground with a sigh. He hugged me and said, “I’m going to miss you during class. I know I’m not always by you but now that we’re together, I wish I could stay with you 24/7. Bye. See you at lunch Angel.” Alex kissed me and hugged me as tight as he could with both arms.

“Bye Alex.” I said and let go of him reluctantly. “See you later.” Even though it would be for a little while, there was an ache in my chest, letting me know I’d miss him every minute
♠ ♠ ♠
changed this one to work with the other