Status: Finished, need to update.

Your Protector

Lunch Time

I was happy Zane had been expelled so he couldn't show up at school and ruin my happiness. I was sure he's find out about Alex and I though. He's quite popular.

I walked out of English and down the long hallway of Trescot High school. I turned a corner and overheard two girls talking in the hallway. They glared at me as I walked pass them, not taking their eyes off me until I walked into the cafeteria. It rather scared me because I did not know why anyone would be mad at me. I never did anything to them but I guess they have their reasons.

When I opened the large glass door to the cafeteria cold air hit my face and the smell of pizza filled my nose, making me feel sick. I walked to the table I usually sat at and saw Samuel, Nathan, and Alex making faces at each other. “What are you doing?” I asked confused once I got to the table and took my seat next to Alex.

“Staring contest.” Sam replied not taking his eyes from Nate. Nate was looking between Alex and Samuel then started laughing when Alex went cross-eyed. “What’s so funny?”

“Alex made a face… and it made me laugh!” Nate said in between giggles.

“Alexander Tripp! That’s cheating!” Sam yelled, trying not to laugh.

“I don’t care I forfeit anyway.” Alex turned his attention to me and I smiled. “Want me to wait in line with you?”

I made a face of disgust and said, “No. I hate pizza. Do you have any food left…?”

“Yeah.” Alex said laughing and pushing a salad over to me. “I get to keep the pudding.”

“Fine with me. I like salad. Thanks.” I hugged him the best I could without getting up and started eating the salad.

“So, what do you think about going ice skating after school? I haven’t been since my sister quit and it’s something to do before we go back to your house.” Alex grabbed the fork I was holding and stuck it in his mouth with a smirk.

“Hey!” I flicked his fore head and took the fork from him. “You gave it to me remember? Skating sounds fun. Where are we going to skate?”

“Galleria. Nathan! Sam! Want to come?”

Samuel and Nathan picked up their heads from the table at the same time and Sam gave me a questioning look. I shook my head no slightly and Sam covered Nate’s mouth right when he was about to say yes. Nate’s yes was muffled by Sam’s hand and Sam replied, “I think we’re going to go see a movie at Edwards but you guys have fun.” Sam moved his hand from Nathans mouth and looked at him then moved his eyes to me.

Nathan shook his head up and down fast, causing his brown hair to spill over his eyes. “Oh I see.” He said laughing and moving his hair. “Wow I need a haircut.”

“I think it's cute.” Sam said ruffling his hair then pulled his free hand from under the table with a small candy bar in it.

“Hey! That’s mine! I was going to give you half but now you get none.”

“Says the one who is not holding the candy. It’s mine now. You don’t need it anyway. You know you’re not supposed to eat candy.” Sam said.

“Yeah… I can still have half though right?” Nate said like a child being scolded.

“I’ll think about it.” Sam laughed getting up and running from Nathan who was already getting out of his seat. They ran out of the back doors and outside to the picnic tables laughing the whole way.

“I see Nathan has become more comfortable around us.” I said putting my head on Alex’s shoulder.

“Yeah. He fits in with us perfect. I think he’s crazier than you.” Alex said trying to look serious but failing.

“Hush you!” I tried to smack his arm but he caught my hand and pulled it to his face.

“Let’s skip the rest of the day. I’m tired of school.”

“It’s only the third day back and you’re already trying to leave?” I said laughing.

“Yep. Let’s go.” Alex said while tugging on my arm.

I got up and followed him outside to the picnic benches. We walked past a table and saw Nate and Sam lying on it staring up at the sky. We told them bye and walked to the parking lot. Alex opened my door and climbed in as he did in the morning then helped me get into the truck. He leaned over me and shut the door. “To the Galleria!” Alex said loudly, sticking his middle finger out his window.

“What was that about?” I asked laughing when he rolled up the window.

“Just letting school know how I feel about it.” He chuckled and drove out of the parking lot.

Jason is going to kill me if he finds out I skipped but i don't care. As long as I'm with Alex
I'm happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is kind of a filler but it's not. It leads to other things and also shows a little more of Nathan and Samuel's personality so you can know the characters better