I Know It's Hurting You, But It's Killing Me

0010.

"Okay I give up, what's wrong?" I asked dad as we walked into the house and he slammed the front door behind us. He had been in a bad mood ever since Michelle, Leana, and I got back from our walk. "I got a call from you're English teacher Mrs. Starr." He snapped. "Alright, and your point?" I asked, trying not to sound bitchy.

"She told me she graded you're essay that you turned in on Wednesday and since I pulled you out of school this morning maybe I'd like to know what you made on it." He said turning to face me. "And you're point is?" I exclaimed wanting to know what the hell he was talking about. "You made a D on that essay Audrey, that's my fucking point."

I took a step back and dropped my bag onto the floor. I understood why he was so pissed. I'd never made a bad grade, especially on essay's. "I'm sorry dad," I sighed. "You have always made good grades Audrey. I understand that school this week was rough bu-"

"No dad, that's the problem. You don't understand how bad school was this week, in fact you don't understand what's going on at all." I said sharply as I cut him off mid sentence. "Then explain it to me Audrey." He said calmly.

"I can't dad, that's the problem." I said before grabbing my bag and making my way to the stairs. "Audrey get back here!" He demanded. I turned around and look at him as he stood across the room with a confused and angry expression on his face. "What dad?"

"Why are you acting out all of the sudden?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm not acting out," I protested. "Well, you're sure not acting like yourself."

"What's that suppose to mean?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "You skipped school, got a bad grade on an essay, and you've been fighting with me non stop this week. I'm trying the very best I can Audrey! I doubt that you're acting like this because everyone at school thinks you're a slut, no I know that's not it."

"Who cares dad? None of that matters anymore!" I exclaimed. "Then what does matter?" He asked stepping closer to me. "I don't know," I shrugged. "I honestly don't know dad." He sighed heavily and ran a hand down his face before looking at me again. Disappointment was practically written on his face.

"Go to you're room for the rest of the night, you're grounded for a week. Zacky and Jimmy are coming over in a few minutes with something to eat, I'll bring you some food in a little while."

"Dad," I whispered, surprised that he was actually sending me to my room. He's never done that before and he's never grounded me either. "No Audrey, go to you're room." His voice was firm and I wasn't going to put up a fight with him.

I turned around and trudged up the stairs and to my room. I shut the door and clicked the lock before I collapsed onto the floor in tears. He was angry and disappointed at me and I had know idea how to fix the situation.

Matt's POV

"Hey man," Zacky and Jimmy said to me as they walked in with food. "Hey," I gave them a small smile before we walked into the kitchen. "Where's Sugar Plum?" Jimmy asked.

"In her room where she'll be for the rest of the night." I said as I grabbed three cold beers from the fridge and tossed them one. "For that D on her essay?" Zacky asked. "Yeah," I nodded. "Harsh," Jimmy muttered. "How?" I asked him.

"It was one bad grade, who cares Matt. She's not perfect and she's been through a lot the past week." He said. "What do you know that you're not telling me Jimmy?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing," He mumbled. "Well, do me a favor and take a burger to her." I said and tossed him one. "I'm sure she's pissed off at me and doesn't want to see me right now."

Audrey's POV

I pulled on some sweat pants and a big over sized t-shirt before plopping down my bed. "Audrey?" I heard Jimmy's voice as he knocked on the door. "One second," I called out before walking to the door and pulling it open for him to come inside. "Hey Sugar Plum," He said softly as walked past me. I shut my door and walked over to the bed.

"I brought you a burger and a soda." He grinned. I smiled and sat down on my bed before he handed me my food. "You know he'll get over it. It's one bag grade and it's not that big of a deal." He said. I nodded knowing he was right.

"Michelle and Leana are taking me to the doctor tomorrow and then were going shopping." I told him and he nodded. "Leana told me and she also told me that you told them what happened."

"I figured I should before you spilled you're guts." I smiled a little. He laughed and took a gulp of his beer. "I wouldn't have told anyone," He said. "Liar," I laughed. "You told Brian that something bad happened to me Saturday night."

"Yeah, but that's only because he over heard us last night." He said. "I know, and I'm not mad. I know the truth is going to come out eventually, I just wish it could stay in a little longer. I don't want everyone to give me sympathy because they think I'm broken or something. I can still enjoy my life and over come what's happened." I said truthfully.

"I know that Audrey, and I know that once Matt knows everything will be better." I nodded knowing he was right. "I'm glad you told Michelle and Leana, considering it's important that you do go to the doctors."

"I am too." I smiled. For another hour Jimmy and I ate and talked before he left to go back downstairs. He gave me comfort and that was something I truly needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed, it was a little rushed because I really wanted to get this updated before dinner but it's a good chapter over all.

Comment and Subscribe!!

<3

Image