I Know It's Hurting You, But It's Killing Me

0012.

"Here's a blanket," A female police officer said as she wrapped a blanket over my shoulders. "Thank you," Dad said to her. "A police officer is waiting inside for you to get a statement." She said directly to me.

"Okay," I murmured and nodded. "I grabbed her another t-shirt. The guys and I decided that were going to stay here with you tonight." I heard Jimmy say to dad.

"Alright thanks," Dad nodded. "Audrey I need you to put this shirt on." He told me. I sighed and pulled away from him. "Does anything hurt?" He asked as I pulled the t-shirt over my head. "Physically no," I stated.

"How did they even get in sweetheart?" He asked, looking me in the eyes. "I-I just thought..." I sighed. I had no idea why I opened that door without looking first and I had no idea what to say. "It's okay Audrey, it's okay." Dad assured me before kissing me on the forehead.

"It's not okay," I muttered as dad walked off to talk to a police officer. "Are you okay Sugar Plum?" Jimmy asked. "I guess," I shrugged. "Does he know what Brandon did to you?" He questioned. "No," I shook my head. "And it's going to stay that way."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"I'm sure Jimmy," I confirmed. "Let me give you some advice Audrey," He paused and sat down on the grass next to me.

"You need to tell the cops everything and that includes what Brandon did. If you don't then you're leaving out important information that they need to know about." He told me and I nodded. I knew he was right but I still wasn't sure what I was going to do.

"Audrey we can go inside now," Dad said as he came over to us. "But I need to tell you something." He said. "What is it?" I asked as I noticed worry in his eyes. "They can't find Ryan, Audrey. They have Brandon now but Ryan is no where in sight." My eyes widened.

"What?" I asked not believing what I had just heard. "I'm sure they'll find him but for tonight the guys are going to stay with us." He explained. "Okay, whatever." I muttered. I stood up and made my way into the house.

--

I explained everything that happened that night with Ryan and Brandon to Officer Kayne and he wrote it all down not missing anything.

"Now that I know what happened, I need to ask you a few questions Audrey." He told me. "Okay," I nodded. "Do you know why they came over in the first place?" He asked.

I nodded and sighed. "They wanted to have some more fun." I spoke quietly. "What kind of fun?" He asked slowly not sure if he heard me right.

I chewed on my lip and looked over at dad with tear filled eyes. "I'm sorry," I told him before turning back to Officer Kayne. "Sexual fun," I told him the truth. He glanced up at me. "When did this start with them?" He asked.

"Last weekend," I muttered. "Can you explain to me what happened last weekend?" He wondered.

I nodded and wiped my eyes. "I went to a high school party last weekend with my friend Jen, and we were hanging out with Ryan and Brandon. Jen and Ryan ditched us after an hour and I didn't want to hang out with Brandon so I went upstairs to find the bathroom before I was going to walk back here. Brandon followed me up there and I didn't know until he pushed me in and then he..." I stopped and my eyes again. I didn't want to tell them and I didn't want dad to know but it was too late, I had to tell the truth.

"Then he what, Audrey?" Officer Kayne asked carefully. "He raped me," I spoke up before I started full on crying in my hands. "Can we finish this tomorrow?" Dad asked him.

"Yeah, of course. I'll come by in the morning." He said before dad walked him out. Jimmy walked over and sat next to me. "It's going to be okay Sugar Plum," He promised. "I should have told him immediately." I cried.

"Jimmy can I talk to Audrey alone?" Dad asked as he came back into the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shortish but whatever, I had exams all day and I didn't feel like writing anymore. :]

Comment and Subscribe!!

<3

Image