I Know It's Hurting You, But It's Killing Me

0015.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Dad asked, referring to what really happened on Saturday night. “Honestly, I’m not sure.” I shrugged as the wind blew my curly brown hair around. We had been the same spot for several hours just enjoying each other’s presence.

“You don’t have to yet,” He said. “I know,” I paused and took a breath, “I want to talk about it, but I just don’t know if I can.” I sighed. “Just take your time Audrey, tell me when you’re ready.” I nodded and tucked my knees to my chest.

“Dad,” I asked as I sat my chin on top of my knee and looked over at him. “Yeah?” He questioned. “Am I still grounded?”

He chuckled and ran a hand through his short hair. “No, you’re not grounded anymore. I’m sorry for getting pissed about that essay; I’m just used to you getting good grades. But you had a lot on your mind this week and that’s understandable, so obviously I can’t punish you.”

“Thanks,” I smiled gently. “What are you going to do about Jen? I mean, are you going to warn her about Ryan?” He asked. “No,” I laughed bitterly. “She wanted to be friends with them in the first place, so whatever.”

“Are you sure you should do that?” He questioned raising an eyebrow at me. I chewed on my lip and looked down. “No,” I sighed again. “I don’t want her to get hurt by Ryan or Brandon, but she so angry at me. I doubt she’ll want to talk to me anyways.”

“I think you should try,” He said “Fine,” I gave in.

--

“Audrey, what are you doing here?” Mrs. Myers asked. “Is Jen here?” I asked nervously.
“Well, yes, but I don’t kno-”

“Please Mrs. Myers, this is important.” I cut her off. “Okay,” She sighed. “Jennifer, come down here please.” She called out through the door.

“Would you like to come in?” She asked me. “No thanks,” I shook my head. “I just need to tell Jen something and get home.” She nodded and we stood awkwardly for a minute while we waited for Jen. “Audrey?” Jen asked as she came into my view.

“Can I please talk to you for a minute?” I asked right away. “Sure,” She turns to her mom. “I’ll be right back.” She said before following me down the front porch steps and to the drive way.

“I know I’m the last person you want to see, but I came to warn you.”

“Warn me about what Audrey?” She asked confused. “It’s about Ryan and Brandon. Ryan’s missing and Brandon was arrested last night fo-”

“I already know Audrey. Brandon came over earlier and we talked about it.”

“So what are you still friends with him?” I asked. “Of course, why wouldn’t I be?” She asked. “Jen, they practically broke in and tried to rape me again! How can you possibly be friends them still?”

“Would you just stop it already? Everyone knows that you’re big liar who is just saying that for attention. Get real Audrey, why would they want to rape you?”

“I don’t know, maybe you should ask Brandon next time you see him. Good luck with them and be careful because I wouldn’t want you to go through the same thing I’ve been through.” I said before walking off towards the car.

“Slut,” She muttered. I was going to just walk away and leave it, but I couldn’t. I turned around sharply and glared at her.

“You can call me a slut all you want, but I’m just fucking warning you. If we weren’t standing on your property, I would probably kick your ass so consider yourself lucky Jen.” I growled and stomped back to the car where dad was waiting.

“Can we go home now?” I asked as I slammed the car door and buckled my seat belt.

“Actually, were going over Papa Gates. The guys are over there and they want to hang out for a few hours.” He told me. “Is that okay with you?” He asked. “Sure,” I shrugged, “Why not.”

--

“Hey guys,” I smiled at everyone as they sat around the living room drinking and watching a baseball game. “Audrey, how are you?” Papa Gates asked as he got up and gave me a hug. “I’m okay, thanks.”

“Sugar Plum,” Jimmy sang out as he ran towards me. I screamed and hid behind Papa Gates. “Remember what we talked about Jimmy? No more death hugs!” I reminded him as I poked my head around Papa gates arm and looked at him.

“I remember silly,” He laughed. I stopped hiding behind Papa Gates and gave Jimmy a hug before sitting down next to Brian on the floor.

“Where have you two been?” He asked dad and I. “I took her to the spot.” Dad answered. “Really?” Zacky asked looking at me. I nodded and smiled. “Well, finally.” Zacky chuckled.

“Where’s Johnny?” I asked as I looked around and noticed he was missing. “He’s on the phone with Lacey out back.” Brian answered. I frowned and folded my arms over my chest. “I miss her and Gena.”

“Leana and Michelle are planning to have everyone get together in a few days and they’ll be there.” Jimmy told me. “She told me the same,” I responded. “Knowing Michelle we’ll probably have the get together at my house.” Brian chuckled. “She knows how to throw a party, that’s for sure.” Dad smirked before taking a sip of his Coca-cola.

“Speaking of Michelle, where is she and Leana?” I asked. “They are up in L.A. with Lacey and Gena. They left this morning and they’ll all be back tomorrow night.” Brian answered. I nodded letting him know I heard.

“Hey boys,” Suzy exclaimed as she came through the front door with a bag of groceries in her hand.

“Hey Suzy,” Everyone greeted. “Well, don’t just sit there. Get your lazy buts up and get the rest of the groceries.” She demanded nicely. The guys groaned and got moving. I pulled myself of the floor and followed her into the kitchen. She put the bag and her purse down before embracing me in a loving hug.

“I heard what happened.” she said softly as she pulled back and gave me a small smile. “I figured,” I shrugged. “Are you alright?” She asked. “I’m getting there.” I nodded. “Okay, good. Now if you need anything don’t be afraid to ask me or Papa Gates.”

“Okay Suzy, thanks.” I gave her another hug before helping her unload the groceries.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go!
Hope you like it. I enjoyed righting this chapter, but I'm not sure why aha.(:

Comment and Subscribe!

<3

Image