I Know It's Hurting You, But It's Killing Me

0022.

I awoke the next morning to someone knocking on the door. I looked around and noticed Lex was no where to be found. I climbed out of bed and trudged to the door before opening it.

“Morning dad,” I yawned and ran a hand through my hair. “We need to talk, so get dressed and put on some shoes. We’re going down to have some breakfast.” He said as he stepped into the room and shut the door behind him.

“Alright,” I nodded. “Give me five minutes.” I said before picking out my clothes for the day and walk into the bathroom to change.

--

“So, what do you want to talk about?” I asked as dad and I sat down at the breakfast table downstairs in the hotel restaurant. “Why were you sitting on the ledge of the balcony in the middle of the night last night?” He asked.

“I’m guessing you talked to Lex earlier.” I sighed. “Yes I did, now answer the question Audrey.”

“I was sitting on the ledge because I couldn’t sleep.” I said as I folded my arms across my chest. “Do you realize what would have happened if you had fallen off that ledge?” He asked with all seriousness.

“Of course dad, I’m not an idiot.”

“Jesus Christ Audrey,” He muttered. “Is this what it’s come to? You risked your life last night because you couldn’t sleep, do I need to get you professional help?”

I ran a hand through my hair and looked at the ground. “No of course not dad, I’m fine. I don’t need to talk to some stupid ass therapist. I’m just trying to wrap my head around this whole thing.”

“That’s understandable Audrey, but no more going on the balcony. In fact tonight you’re staying with Brian and I.”

“What the hell, that’s stupid! I don’t need to be watch like a child dad.” I put up a fight, trying not to raise my voice. “If you don’t want to be treated like a child then stop acting like a child.” He spoke as calmly as he could not wanting to make a scene.

“Why are you doing this? Couldn’t you have just left this whole thing alone? I mean, it’s not like I’m going to kill myself or anything.” My anger started to rise, but I kept it under control.

“Don’t you trust me dad?” My voice cracked as I looked up at him. “I don’t know Audrey, I just don’t know anymore.” He shook his head with disappointment. I stood up and grabbed and my phone of the table.

“You know what, I’m not hungry. I’m just going to hang out in the room for the day.” I said before walking away.

“Audrey wait!” Dad called for me. I ignored him and kept walking until I ended up back on our floor. I had a feeling that the vacation wasn’t going to be much of a vacation for me.

I contemplated on if I should go back to mine and Lex’s room or go visit Jimmy. I didn’t want to see Lex at that moment because honestly I was pretty pissed off at him. I understand were he was coming from when he told dad about the whole situation, but then again I wish he had just spoken to me about it and left it alone.

“Jimmy,” I called out as I knocked on his hotel room door. “Sugar Plum!” He greeted as he pulled open the door before embracing me into hug and allowing me to come inside. “You’re up early,” He chuckled. “Why is that?”

“Well, lets just say that dad needed to talk to me and unfortunately we got into an argument again.” I sighed as I sat down on the edge of his nicely made bed.

“You want to tell me what happened?” He asked softly as he pulled a chair up in front of me and sat down. “Last night Lex caught me sitting on the ledge of the balcony,” I paused and his eyes widened with worry.

“Don’t worry I wasn’t going to jump, I was just couldn’t sleep and I wanted some fresh air. Anyways, Lex went and told my dad earlier and now dad thinks that I want to kill myself and that I need professional help. He wants me to see a therapist Jimmy, a fucking therapist.”

“Okay, calm down Audrey.” He soothed before hugging me again.

“Hey Ryan,” Jen greeted with a flirty smile as Ryan and Brandon met up with us at her house before the party. “Looking good girls,” Ryan smirked and looks over our outfits.

I suddenly became uncomfortable with my choice of outfit. I crossed my arms over my chest to hide my cleavage from my tank top.

“Tonight should be fun, Eric called and told me that there’s plenty of alcohol and pot.” Brandon chuckled. Of course I knew that there was going to be alcohol and drugs, I just didn’t expect Jen to get excited over it.

“You’re not drinking are you?” I questioned Jen. “I don’t know,” She shrugged, “Maybe, but if I do I’ll only have one or two.”

“Okay,” I sighed and nodded. “Aren’t you going to have a drink?” Brandon asked me. “No, I don’t drink.” I shook my head. “Never?” Ryan asked with a shocked expression.

“Nope, she’s never drank or anything for that matter.” Jen answered for me. “Well, maybe we can change that.” Ryan winked at me. “Are we leaving?” I asked, ignoring him.

“Yeah, we should probably head out. Eric wants us to hang with him before everyone else shows up.” Brandon stated. We all nodded and started walking, considering it wasn’t a far walking distance at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to post this earlier, but I spent all day with my parents so I couldn't.

Check out the first chapter of my new story!

Comment and Subscribe!!

<3

Image