I Know It's Hurting You, But It's Killing Me

0023.

“Thanks a lot for telling my father about last night,” I said to Lex as I walked through our hotel room and slammed the door.

“Hey, don’t be pissed off at me. You should have thought about that before you sat on that ledge.” He raised his hands in a defensive matter.

“Well thanks to your big fat mouth, my dad and I aren’t talking again, and he doesn’t trust me. Oh, and get this; he thinks I need to see a therapist. So thanks Lex, you’ve officially won.” I growled with frustration as I placed my hands on my hips and glared at him.

“Why do you have to act like this?” He asked as he threw the remote onto his bed and stood up; crossing his bulky arms over his chest. “Act like what?” I narrowed my eyes.

“Why do you act like you’re five years old? I mean, you act as if I told because I wanted to get you into trouble. That’s not the fucking case Audrey, I told because I seriously think something’s wrong with you and you do need help. You need to be seeing a therapist with the way you’ve been acting!” He shouted at me.

“You’ve barely known me for three days Lex, you have no idea what I’m going through!” I shouted back.

“Really Audrey, then fucking try me.” He dared. I opened my mouth to tell him the truth before snapping it back shut. I didn’t owe him an explanation for anything.

“Fuck off Lex!” I shouted even louder than before. I immediately left the room and slammed the door behind me. I had no idea why the fuck he could get me pissed off so easily, but he could and that wasn’t a good thing. I leaned up against the hallway wall and put my head in my hands as I suddenly became aware of the fact that I had a massive headache.

“Hey, what’s with the tears?” Uncle Brian’s deep voice asked beside me. “I’m not crying,” I laughed a little even though I was still angry. “Then what’s wrong?”

“Nothing, they just piss me off.” I sighed. “Who pisses you off?” He chuckled. “My dad and stupid jerk with a big mouth that I have to share a room with.” I cursed.

“Alright,” he nodded. “Well, you should start getting ready.” He informed me. “For what?” I asked turning to meet his gaze.

“We’re going to the beach,” he said in a duh tone. “I’m not going,” I shook my head.

“Oh, yes you are Audrey. I don’t care if I have to throw you over my shoulder and carry you, you’re going. Now, I suggest you get your ass moving and go change. I’ll wait right here for you,”

My jaw literally dropped, I couldn’t believe he had just spoken to me like that. “Do you have problem?” He asked after me not replying for a minute.

“Uh, no, no problem.” I shook my head before swiping my room key and walking back into the room. I ignored Lex as I walked to my suitcase and grabbed my splattered multi-colored bikini.

“Finally getting ready?” Lex asked from the other side of the bathroom door. “Would you just shut your mouth?” I asked annoyed. I slid on some shorts over my bikini bottoms and pulled my curly brown hair into a messy bun before slipping on my flip flops and exiting the bathroom.

“Are you coming?” I turned to him before opening the door. He nodded and followed me. Brian stood there waiting as we came out of the room like he said he would be. “Matt and the others are waiting downstairs.” He stated. “Great,” I muttered.

“Cut the attitude little girl,” Brian warned. “I’m not a little girl anymore, Uncle Brian.” I protested. “You’ve been acting and whining like one, so for right now you are.”

“Jerk,” I muttered under my breath. He turned to me and I swear I thought he was going to slap me. “Sorry,” I apologized immediately. He nodded before we walked to the elevator.

--

“Whoa!” I squealed as I felt Brian throw me over his shoulder. “What the hell are you doing! I’m trying to relax and get a tan.” I hit his back with my fists. “That’s to bad, we’re taking a walk.”

“What? Why?” I stopped hitting him and asked. “Because, you’re to stubborn to talk to your dad and someone needs to talk you about your behavior and your attitude.”

I kept quite until he finally dropped me to my feet. “Walk,” He demanded and pointed and in front of us. “Why can’t you just leave me alone?” I questioned as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Walk,” He demanded again, giving me a slight push forward. I lowered my gaze to the sand and started walking like he wanted me to. “Stop and sit,” He told me after we had walked away from the group. I sat down in the sand and crossed my legs.

“I have no earthly idea how you’re feeling about what’s happened lately, but I do know that you need to get rid of this attitude problem. Your dad is doing everything he can to help you get through this and he’s doing his very best not to rip of Brandon’s head because of what he did to you.”

“Uncle Brian,” I sighed.

“No Audrey, you need to hear this. Everyone is worried sick about you because we all love you and want you to be okay. I know you’re upset about your dad wanting you to see a therapist, but damn it you need to Audrey. Another thing, you have no right to speak to your dad like that. I don’t care if he yells at you or gets you pissed off, you don’t curse or raise your voice at him. You’re disrespectful, and you’re acting like a whiny, childish, brat. The Audrey I know doesn’t lie to everyone or worry them to death. She plays the piano, sings, makes good grades, and is one of the sweetest girls I know. Me and everyone else wants her back, Audrey.”

Tears stung my eyes as I looked down at my lap. “I don’t think she’s coming back Uncle Brian.” I whispered loud enough for him to hear me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I liked this chapter a lot and I hope you did to. I don't know if any of you have noticed, but I've slowed the story down a bit. There's lots of chapter left, so it shouldn't be ending for awhile.

Comment and Subscribe!!

Image