I Know It's Hurting You, But It's Killing Me

0030.

“What happened earlier?” Lex asked as he sat down next to me. We were currently waiting backstage as everyone got ready for the show. “Nothing,” I shrugged, not wanting to explain everything.

“Alright, I get that your pissed, but seriously Audrey, do you have to ignore me?” He asked.

“I'm not ignoring you, I just want to be alone.” I rolled my eyes before standing up and walking out of the building. One thing that sucked about being on tour was always being around people. You could never really be alone, and that irritated the hell out of me.

“You know, it's not safe out here alone for someone as pretty as you.” A random guy said from behind me. “Who the hell are you?” I asked as I turned around to face him. His blond hair draped partly over his brown eyes, and he stood taller than me at five foot eight.

“I'm no one important,” He shrugged, a small smirk tugging at his lips.

“Is that so?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at the stranger. “As a matter of fact it is.” He stated and walked towards me. “I know who you are though.”

“I'm sure you do,” I crossed my arms over my chest. “Most people do, I mean, I am M. Shadows daughter.”

“That may be, but that's not how I know who you are.” He chuckled.

I narrowed my eyes, “What do you mean?”

“Audrey, how can you not remember me?” He asked, placing his hand over his heart hurtfully. It finally dawned on me that I actually knew who he was. “Wesley?” I asked, shocked at how much he had changed.

“That's me,” He grinned.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I questioned him, smiling in the process. “I'm just touring,”

“You're the opening band?” He nodded in response, laugh a bit. “Dude, that's awesome! Why the fuck didn't I know about this?”

“I told Matt not to tell you.” He shrugged. “Jerk,” I teased, and slapped him in the arm. “That's hurts, Audrey, and to think we grew up together.” He shook his head playfully and sighed.

“Yeah, but then you just disappeared without even letting me know you were leaving.” A frown replaced my smile suddenly, remember that I never got to say goodbye to him.

“I'm sorry,” He was quick to apologize. “My parents divorced suddenly without me knowing, and one day my mom packed our stuff and took me far away.”

“Oh, Wesley, I'm sorry.” I said softly. “It's okay,” He waved it off. “I'm just glad I'm able to tour and be around you and the guys again.”

I nodded in agreement with him. “I can't believe you're in a band and touring at seventeen. You guys must be pretty good.”

“Good enough to tour with Avenged.” He chuckled. “You sing right?” I asked, running a hand through my hair.

“Of course I sing.” He stated proudly. “I always knew you'd make it.” I laughed.

“Wesley, man, we're on in five.” A guy interrupted us as he stuck his head outside the door.

“I'll be right there, Caden.” He said before turning back to me. “I have to hit the stage, but maybe we can hang out later.” He smiled.

“Okay, I'd like that.” I nodded and bit my lip. “Why don't come watch us from the side of the stage.” He offered.

“I was going to anyways.” I said with a small laugh before following him back into the building. “Come on Wesley, lets go!” The Caden guy shouted.

“I'll see you after the show.” He said before disappearing onto stage.

I sat down next to Lex on the side and watched as the music started, and Wesley started sing. One thing I had always remembered about Wesley was that he could really sing, and I knew he'd make it big one day. Wesley may have been a year and half older, but that didn't stop us from being best friends.

We first met when he moved next door with his parents. At first I didn't want to be anywhere near him, but our moms made us play together everyday after school and eventually we became best friends. I was thirteen going on fourteen when him and his mom suddenly disappeared.

I knocked on their door everyday for months hoping he'd answer, but he never did. In stead his dad answered, and he told me everyday that he wasn't coming back. After a year his dad moved away too, and I eventually moved on and became friends with Jen.

Wesley looked over at me for a brief second and flashed me a smile, before looking back at the crowd. “I see you ran into Wesley.” Dad chuckled as he stood beside me; waiting to go on.

“How long have you been in contact with him?” I asked, looking up at him. “Only for about a week and half, not long, I promise.”

“You should have told me.” I muttered and shook my head. “Does it really matter? He's here isn't he?”

“No, it doesn't exactly matter, but I still would have liked to have know.” I shrugged. “Later tonight we're going to have a talk about today.” He stated, ignoring comment.

“Seriously dad, haven't I been punished enough? I mean, Lex and I have to carry around all that heavy equipment for two fucking weeks.” I sighed and tucked a lock of hair behind my ear.

“The punishment doesn't change what you did.” He laughed as if what were talking about was funny.

“Jerk,” I muttered under my breath, knowing damn well he couldn't hear me over the loud music.

--

“You want to go back to the bus and hang out until the guys get done?” Lex asked. “Not really,” I shook my head. “Look, I'm sorry for being a jack ass, okay?”

“Okay, apology excepted.” I shrugged. “Alright, so, you coming?”

“No,” I laughed. “I want to hang with Wesley for a few minutes.” I said as I looked over at him and that Caden guy talking about the show. “Okay, fine.” He muttered before leaving me alone.

“Audrey, come meet the guys.” Wesley yelled over the music, motioning for me.

“This is Caden, Tristan, Blake, and Riley.” He introduced the mystery guys after I had walked over to them.

Caden had short black hair that matched his hazel eyes, and Tristan had dirty blond hair and dull brown eyes. Blake had brown hair that went to his shoulders but in a cute way, and his light blue eyes matched him perfectly. Last but not least there was Riley who also had Blond hair like Wesley, but his eyes were pure green and pretty extraordinary if you ask me.

“Guys, this is Audrey.”

“This is the same Audrey you've been talking about this whole time?” Tristan asked, his mouth agape. “Yep,” He smiled. “But she's off limits.” I could tell by the tone of his that he was serious.

“Alright, man.” Tristan laughed and held his hands up in a defensive manner. “Ignore this man whore right here.” Riley spoke. “It's nice to meet you, Audrey.”

“It's nice to meet you too. I mean, it's nice to meet you all.” I laughed. “We've heard a lot about you.” Caden said earning several nods in agreement from the guys.

“Alright guys,” Wesley interrupted, feeling slightly embarrassed by his friends.

“We're going to leave you two alone to catch up. We'll be over there if you need us.” Riley laughed yanking Tristan with him, Blake and Caden following him. “They seem nice,” I beamed as I turned to him.

“They can be,” He nodded with an amused laugh. “So, you want to step outside and talk where it isn't as loud?” He questioned.

"Sure,” I agreed, feeling eager that I could actually have some alone time with him. We both walked outside and sat down on the rough cement, leaning against the brick wall.

“The guys seem pretty cool.”

“Yeah they are, we're all pretty close.” He said as he turned and looked at me, a small smile tugging at his lips. “That's great, Wesley. I'm really happy for you, and I'm glad you're living your dreams.”

“Thanks, Audrey, but what about you?”

“What do you mean?” I wondered, raising an eyebrow at him. “Well, are you still singing and playing the piano?”

I sighed and shook my head 'no' as a small breeze passed and blew my hair around a little bit. “Why, Audrey? You were so good, so why did you stop?”

“Wesley, you have to understand that we haven't seen each other in almost two years. That's a long time and a lot has changed, including myself.” I wasn't mean about it, I just needed him to know that I was a different person.

“I understand that,” He chuckled, “But music is apart of you. It's who you are, and you have the talent to sing for a reason. Don't let that beautiful voice of your go to waste, because honestly, it'd be a damn shame if you did.”

“Now your going to make me cry you big jerk.” I laughed and rubbed my eyes free from tears. “I'm sorry,” He gave me a sad smile.

“I've missed you so much,Wesley. You wouldn't believe what I've been through. ” I whispered quietly.

“I'm really sorry about leaving and not saying goodbye. I just knew that it was the best thing for the both of us, because saying goodbye would have made it even harder for me to leave.” He told me before embracing me into a hug.

“I know, and I'm not mad. I could never be mad at you.” I held onto him with everything I had, scared that if I did let go he would disappear again.
♠ ♠ ♠
And you all thought her and Lex were going to be together... Anyways, I figured that you guys would enjoy a long chapter, so that's what I gave you. If you haven't bought the new Avenged Sevenfold album, I highly recommend that you do. It's honestly amazing, and you won't be disappointed.

I love Fiction, Tonight The World Dies, and God Hates Us. They're my favorite songs for now. Fiction was actually really hard to listen too, but it's so worth it because of how incredible it is. FoREVer<3

Comment and Subscribe!!

<3

Image