I Know It's Hurting You, But It's Killing Me

0033.

“You feeling any better kiddo?” Brian asked as I laid on a comfy couch back stage. “I guess,” I shrugged and sighed heavily. “You seem tired.” Zacky noticed.

“Gee, thanks for telling me I look like shit.” I laughed and rolled my eyes. “You don't look like shit.” Zacky shook his head and chuckled.

“No, you look amazing.” Wesley said quietly as he walked up behind me before laughing.

“Sure, Wesley.” I scoffed playfully. “It's true,” He shrugged.

“Audrey, Wesley, can you go find Lex and Caden?” Dad asked us.

“Yeah,” We nodded. I climbed off the couch and followed Wesley out of the room. “Where do you think they are?” I wondered.

“I have no clue,” He laughed and leaned against the wall for a moment. “Well, we better find them or else we'll get bitched at.” I said.

“True, true.” He nodded and we started to walk again. “Didn't they say they were going to the drink machines?” He questioned.

“I don't know,” I shrugged and laughed. “But we can check there just in case.”

He smiled, “Sounds good to me.”

Minutes later we reached the vending machines but Lex and Caden were no where in sight. “Where the fuck are they?” I muttered, running a hand through my curls. “Did you hear that?” Wesley asked as he stopped walking in front of a big metal door that said employees only.

“No, I didn't hear anything. Why?” I questioned.

“Just listen,” He whispered. I narrowed my eyes at him before staying quiet for a minute. “I don't hear anything!” I exclaimed. He rolled his eyes and pulled open the door.

“Holy shit!” I shouted at what I saw.

Caden and Lex stood against the white brick wall making out with their hands all over each other. They instantly pulled away from each other upon hearing my voice.

“What the hell are you guys doing?” Wesley asked, almost amused at what he saw. “I'm gay,” Lex blurted out.

“Whoa,” I shouted and took a huge step back. “I didn't expect that at all.”

“Well, what the fuck is your excuse?” Wesley asked Caden. “I'm gay too,” He sighed.

“Oh my God!” I exclaimed and slapped my palm against my forehead. “I can't believe this,” I muttered and shook my head.

“Look, we can't talk about this right now. We need to get back to the others for a sound check.” Wesley said.

“How about we all talk after the show?” I suggested. “We're not leaving to drive to the next venue until around midnight.”

“Sounds good to me,” Lex nodded.

“Yeah, that's fine.” Caden muttered before walking past us. Lex lowered his gaze to the floor before also walking past us and following Caden.

--

“I never imagined Lex liking guys, considering he's hit on me and he's asked me out before.” I laughed aloud as Wesley and I walked around the venue while Avenged performed their set.

“I know, it's a little difficult to grasp.” He shook his head. “Plus, I've known Caden since I moved and he never once told me he was gay.”

“This is just too weird,” I sighed and plopped down onto the grass with Wesley right next to me. I leaned next to him and rested my head on his shoulder just like I did when we were kids. He chuckled softly before putting his arm around me and kissing my forehead.

“You feeling any better?” He wondered. “Yeah,” I nodded. “Thank God.”

“You should stay on our bus tonight.”

I laughed and rolled my eyes. “I doubt my dad would allow that. He's so protective of me these days.”

“I noticed. Is it because of what happened?” He asked locking his eyes with mine. “Yeah,” I murmured with a small nod.

He waited a few minutes and stayed silent before finally asking me if I wanted to talk about it. “It's a long story, Wesley.” I sighed.

“That's fine. I have all the time in world for you.”

So I told him everything. I told him about the party. I told him about Jen, Brandon, and Ryan. I even told him about the incident at the house and at the hotel. By the time I was done he was speechless and surprised at what had happened in such a short amount of time.

“I could have protected you if I had staid instead of going away with my mom.” He said, tucking a lock of hair behind my ear.

“It doesn't matter Wesley, it's done and over with. I'm hoping I can just move and forget about it, you know?”

“Yeah,” He murmured, looking me in the eyes. “I know,”

I smiled softly, glad that he understood where I was coming from.

“Audrey,” He sighed, “I have something to tell you.”

“Wha-” I was cut off by Riley and Blake running towards us.

“Guys, we've been looking all over you!” Riley exclaimed out of breath.

“What's wrong?” Wesley asked, helping me up off the ground.

“It's Caden,” Blake said quickly. “He's on the roof, and he's threatening to jump!”

“What?” Wesley and I shouted in unison before running past them.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the shortest chapter I've written for this story and I'm deeply sorry. I'm always busy now with my dad being home, more exams, and I'm still not feeling good.

Plus, I just wanted to say that from the very beginning I was going to make Lex and Caden gay. It wasn't a last minute thing just for drama, it's just what works for the story and what's going to happen.

Anyways, Comment and Subscribe!

<3

Image