I Know It's Hurting You, But It's Killing Me

0036.

“Thank God you're okay.” A man said as he brought me into a big bear hug. “Who are you?” I questioned backing away a little bit after he put me down.

He gave me a confused look. “Audrey, I'm-”

“She doesn't remember anything.” Matt cut him off.

“What?” He practically shouted. “Why didn't you fucking tell me that!”? The older man said, slapping the back of Brian's head.

“Sorry dad,” Brian grumbled as he walked into the house. “Well since you don't remember me, I'm Papa Gates.” He introduced himself.

“Uh, hi.” I murmured softly, tucking a lock of hair behind my ear.

I turned around when I heard another car pull up into the driveway. Wesley, Blake, Riley, Tristen and Lex all piled out of the SUV.

“Thanks for letting us stay here, Matt.” Wesley said to Matt. My eyes widened. They were all staying with us? Great.

“It's no problem.” He nodded his head. “Hey Jimmy, show Audrey her room while I get the guys settled in.” He said to Jimmy.

“Alright, Mattie.” Jimmy exclaimed before grabbing my suitcase and basically pushing me into the big house. “Do I need to carry you up the stairs or do you remember how to walk up them?” He questioned playfully.

I gave him a death glare as he chuckled. “Just kidding, Audrey. Jesus, if looks could kill.” He muttered the last part.

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms over my chest as I followed Jimmy up the stairs and down the hallway. He opened a door that had my name on it and walked inside with me right behind him. When I saw the furniture and the layout of the room I instantly knew I had been in there before, almost like dejavu.

“You okay, Sugar Plum?” He asked softly as he put my suitcase down on the floor.

I shrugged and turned towards him. “As okay as I can be I guess.”

He nodded and patted my shoulder with his hand. “You'll remember everything soon enough, Audrey. Just try not to think about it.” That was all the advice he could give me. I mean, what else was he suppose to say?

“Thanks Jimmy,” I murmured just as Lex walked in.

“Well, I'll just leave you too alone.” Jimmy snickered before walking out of the room.

“So...” Lex trailed off awkwardly. “So...” I did the same, not sure what to say to the strange guy.

“You really don't remember me?” He questioned, folding his arms over his chest.

“Uh, no. Sorry.” I shook my head before looking down, suddenly becoming infatuated with my sneakers.

“Wow. That must really suck.”

“Yeah it does, but hopefully I'll remember soon enough.” I smiled softly. “Were you and I pretty good friends?” I asked.

“We had a few good days and memories, but most of the time no.” He chuckled aloud. “In fact when we first met you hated me.”

I looked up at him and rolled my eyes. “I'm sure I didn't hate you.” I denied his statement.

“No, Audrey. You hated me. But it's all right, I wasn't exactly who you thought I was. So, I guess maybe this could be a fresh start.” He suggested.

“Alright,” I laughed. “That sounds good to me.” He grinned and gave me a small side hug before we started talking some more. I learned a lot about him, which was nice.

--

“Hey,” Wesley said softly as he leaned against the door frame watching me intently as I sat on the floor trying to remember some things. So far nothing, but that didn't mean I was going to just give up.

“Hi,” I said, not bothering to look up at him.

“Can I come in?” He questioned.

I nodded and shrugged. “Sure, I don't care.”

He sat down across from me and after a few minutes of just sitting there in silence I could feel his eyes staring at me intently. I finally looked up at him and locked our eyes.

“What?” I asked, frustration clearly in my voice. “Nothing...I guess.” He shrugged and turned away.

I ran hand through my hair and shook my head, obviously annoyed. I hardly knew this guy and he thought he could just walk into my “room” and stare at me like a piece of meet. I don't fucking think so.

“It's obviously something. So, please do tell what's so intriguing about me.”

He looked over at me with a small smile tugging at his lips. “I've just realized something, and unfortunately it doesn't even matter at this point.”

I raised an eyebrow at him as I started chewing on my lip. “What exactly did you just realize? And why the fuck does it not matter? I mean seriously, you're confusing the hell out of me.”

Wesley chuckled and shook his head. I wondered what he thought was so damn funny. He reached over and took my hand in his and gave it small squeeze. “I'm in love with you, Audrey. But you don't remember me.” That was all he said before getting up off the floor and walking out of the room, leaving me surprised as ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back!! Well, for the most part anyways. I'm so excited to be able to post, especially with this story. A lot of shit has happened over the past few weeks, but none that's worth actually telling you about.

I also have two new one-shots that I posted for two different contests.
No One Said It's Fair
&&
Unconditional Love
Check those out and comment to tell me what you think.

I'm really not a hundred percent sure if I'll post next week, but I'm gonna try my fucking best. I'm really just trying to catch up with my writing and everything, so please try and be patient with me. Updates will start being posted regularly soon, I promise.

Comment and Subscribe!!<3

Image