I Know It's Hurting You, But It's Killing Me

0044.

The doctor had explained to me that because I didn't eat breakfast, my sugar got too high after having some ice cream with Michelle, and it caused me to faint. Dr. Fields made sure Dad and I both promised to make sure that I eat breakfast every morning, and that I watch my sugar intake. It was going to be an adjustment, but I was pregnant and I needed to take care of myself.

I wasn't sure exactly how I got my memory back. All I know is that when I fainted, I couldn't remember anything. But when I woke up, everything had come back to me. Dr. Fields said anything could have triggered it, and said that I had probably hit my head when I fell. Either way, I was damn happy to have my memory back, and I think everyone else was too.

Wesley, Tristan, Riley, and Blake were practically jumping for joy when I got home. And now that I think about it, so was Jimmy. Everyone had come by to hang out and see me. It was really nice, and I enjoyed it a lot.

I couldn't believe that the following day I was turning sixteen and having a huge party with everyone. I was actually excited, and ready to have a little fun.

I was lying in bed that night starring up at the ceiling. Wesley was passed out beside me. It was weird sleeping next to him, but dad had made it clear not to make it a usual thing. He didn't feel comfortable with it, and I understood that. I had already told Wesley earlier that it was one night thing, and that he needed go back to his room the next night. Weirdly enough, he agreed with me.

I rolled over and let a heavy sigh pass through my lips. I was tired as hell, but for some unknown reason, I couldn't sleep. I threw the covers off me and slipped out of bed carefully, making sure I didn't wake Wesley. I tiptoed out of my room and down the hall. I wasn't sure if dad was awake or not. It was around eleven thirty, so it was hard to know for sure. I turned his doorknob and pushed open the door. I stepped into the room and shut the door quietly.

“Dad?” I whispered. “You awake?” I asked, walking closer to the bed.

He rolled over and gave me a confused look. “What's wrong, Audrey? Did you have another nightmare?” He asked, sitting up slightly.

“No,” I shook my head. “I just want to come sleep with you.” I shrugged.

He laughed softly and nodded. He slipped over to the other side of the bed and I slid in next to him. I rested my head on his arm and smiled slightly.

“I've missed you, you know.” It wasn't a question, just a statement, and I knew that.

“I wasn't exactly gone, dad.” I told him.

He nodded, “I know. But you weren't exactly here either. I mean you weren't the same person.”

“Yeah, and I'm still that different person, dad.” I said with all honesty. “And I'm kind of glad. I think this whole experience has made me a better person, and I wouldn't change it for the world.”

“Really?” He questioned.

I nodded with a small smile. “Definitely,”

“You want to know something else?” He asked softly, running his fingers through my curls.

“Hm?” I mumbled, glancing up at him.

“I missed hearing you call me dad.” He grinned.

I smiled, letting a laugh erupt from the back of my throat. “ Well Hopefully, you'll never have to hear me call you Matt again.”

“Hopefully,” He murmured before his lips pressed against my forehead.

--

“Hey birthday girl,” Dad said quietly, as I opened my eyes and was met with the bright morning sunshine. Dad was sitting on the edge of the bed next to me, fully showered and dressed. “You going to get up anytime soon?” He questioned, a taunting smile dancing along his lips.

“Maybe,” I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes, a small laugh passing through my lips.

“You only have a few hours to do what you want and relax before Michelle and the girls come over to help you get ready before the party tonight.” He told me.

I sighed and nodded. “Great. I can't wait to be tortured for several hours by those crazy women I call my family.”

Dad chuckled and shook his head. “It won't be that bad, Audrey. Don't dramatic.” He grinned.

“And how would you know that, dad?” I questioned, giving him an incredulous look.

“I don't!” He denied. “But-”

“Then you have no idea what you're talking about.” I cut him off, more laughter erupting from the back of my throat.

He laughed as well and held his hands up defensively. “Alright, alright.” He gave in. “Now come on birthday girl. It's time to get up and eat something. Doctor's orders remember? We can't have you passing out again on your birthday, now can we?”

“Fine,” I said as I sat up slowly and ran a hand through my hair. “I think I'll just have some toast.” I told him, knowing anything else would probably have made me sick like the morning before.

“I'll get right on that.” He nodded before leaning over and kissing my forehead. “Now come on. It's time to get up and get dressed.”

I groaned but nodded. “Alright, I'm coming.” I assured him as he stood up from the bed.

I pushed aside the covers and climbed out of bed. The minute my feet hit the floor, I yawned and stretched. I longed for more sleep, but I didn't want to sleep late on my sixteenth birthday.

“Meet me downstairs in ten minutes.” He said before leaving the room.

I tucked a lock of my messy hair behind my ear and walked out of the room as well and down the hallway to my room. Wesley wasn't asleep in my bed when I walked in, so I knew he was downstairs with the others shoving breakfast down their throats like animals. I laughed at the thought. I trudged over to my dresser and pulled out a black Avenged t-shirt and a pair of my bigger jeans, and tossed them onto my bed.

“There you are.” A very familiar voice said from the doorway.

I turned around and smiled at Wesley. “Morning,” I said.

He walked closer and wrapped his arms around me. “Happy birthday.” He said before his lips met mine.

I kissed back, smiling as I did so. “Thanks,” I said as we pulled away from each other.

“You disappeared on me last night.” He chuckled.

I nodded, “I know. Sorry about that.” I apologized, folding my arms over my chest.

“Don't apologize, Audrey. I don't care.” He shook his head at me. “Your dad wants you to hurry your ass up, by the way.” He told me.

I narrowed my eyes together slightly. “Why? What the hell's going on, and why do I need to hurry up?”

He shrugged trying to act innocent, but I saw right past it. I rolled my eyes before giving him a playful shove. “I guess you better leave then, so I can get dressed.”

He pouted. “I can't stay and watch?” He asked, and I knew he was only kidding.

I chewed on the side of my lip, smiling softly. “Get out of here, Wesley.” I rolled my eyes.

“I'm going, I'm going.” He said before turning away and waling to the doorway. Before closing the door his eyes connected with mine. “Don't keep us waiting too terribly long.”

“I wouldn't dare!” I laughed placing my hands on my hips.

Smirking, he closed the door without another word, leaving me to get dressed and ready for the day. I had no idea what they had planned for the day, but I was sure it was going to be a good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for not updating in several weeks. I've just been having a pretty harsh month and I haven't been wanting to write much. There's only one or two chapters left. Maybe three, I'm not a hundred percent sure yet. So make sure you go subscribe to the sequel if you haven't all ready.

Image