Sparked Up

Driftwood

As the happy couple danced to their song, Marshall and Joey stared at them knowing that they would get married eventually.

“She’s really happy with him man,” Marshall stated.

“I know, I need to get over her and move on,” Joey sighed.

“You can start with the girl eyeing you over there,” Marshall smirked. There was in fact a petite brunette eyeing him. Joey needed some liquid courage so he downed the rest of Marshall’s drink and strutted over there. Marshall just stood and laughed before joining his other friends. Everyone seemed to be in a good place right now. Whatever love triangle that Marshall, Joey and Gio had was over. Marshall was happy being a musician with his girlfriend; Gio and Travis were in love with each other; and Joey was happy being a musician that traveled with his best friends.

Gio and Travis danced to a couple more songs with Joey and the girl that he met until Joey and Gio got tired. Travis and the girl still wanted to dance so Joey and Gio told them to dance with each other. They didn’t really want to dance with anyone other than them but did it anyways.

“Are you having fun with her?” Gio asked when they went to sit at the bar.

“Yeah, she’s really cool. I can tell she’s not the one but that’s fine. I’m having fun with life right now. I might even try dating; everyone seems to be doing it,” Joey laughed.

“I know; I just hope you’re careful. I don’t want you breaking hearts or having your heart broken,” Gio frowned.

“I know you don’t. I think I want a relationship; but it might be kind of hard since I’m on the road all the time. Remember you told me that it would be selfish of me to ask my girlfriend to drop everything to come on tour with me. Keeping that in mind; I will stick to dating. If anything becomes serious then we’ll deal with it when we come to it,” he explained.

“Yeah, but I think that once you find someone to love, she’d be willing to give up a couple of weeks just to be with you,” Gio smiled at him. Joey didn’t know what else to say to that so he just hugged her.

>>

The time that they boys spent in LA was a blur. So many memories were made in such a short time. It was time for them to go back to Vegas and Gio was driving them to LAX. Their goodbye wasn’t tearful; it was actually happy. Gio knew that these boys were slowly becoming a fixture in her past. She knew that she wouldn’t be able to keep in contact with them often but she was fine with that; just as long as she saw them every few months or so then she’d be content.

The boys also knew that Gio had started a new life and that she didn’t need them. Their relationship was more of a want than a need. Gio is a very independent person and they were lucky that they even got to see the many layers of her. Although she didn’t need them in her life, they knew that she would be ecstatic if they remained in her life. They didn’t need her in their life either but wanted her like a kid would want the piece of chocolate placed in front of them. They knew that that they would see her for months but would jump at the chance to see her if they had the opportunity.

The group of friends said their goodbyes then boarded their planes. Gio rode home listening to the band that had she had just parted with and smiled as she thought about their time together. 28 minutes later and she was in her apartment in her bed. Between work, school and her friends, she barely had anytime to sleep. After stripping off her clothes she fell asleep within a few minutes.

When she woke up she felt a pair of arms around her. Knowing who it was, she just cuddled more into him; but that only caused him to wake up.

“Comfortable?” he asked into her hair.

“No, I’m not used to my bed anymore. I got used to sleeping in your bed for the past two weeks,” she said rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

“Move in with me, then you could sleep in my bed every night,” he said waiting to be turned down.

“I don’t want to sleep in your bed every night…” Travis was happy that she couldn’t see him frowning right now. He was so in love with her that it physically hurt him every time that she denied his attempts to advance their relationship.

“But I will sleep in our bed every night with you,” she smiled looking at his confused face. “We need to get a mattress big enough for the both of us, then I will move in.”

“Seriously?” he asked.

“Yup, I’m making a huge sacrifice right now. I moved here to be independent and moving in with you doesn’t help the independence. But I’d rather be with the guy that I love. You have no idea how annoying it is to want to see your face; but have to walk all the way next door just to see it.” Gio joked.

“Oh gosh I know, I had to take a total of 20 steps last time I wanted to see you,” Travis chuckled. “Now if I want to see you I just need to step into the next room. Thank you for agreeing to this. You know how much I love you. I just want to show you that I’m serious about us,” he said.

“I know you’re serious about us, and this is how I’m showing you,” she smiled. It was official, Giovanna Mason and Travis Scott were in love with each other and were moving in with each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End. I'm sorry for dragging you through this terrible story. Look out for a new story soon.