Sparked Up

Sawdust Man

It was Memorial Day, the last day the boys were going to be in town and the day for the revenge. Sadly, Johnson and Gio didn’t plan anything. Last night they came up with ridiculous ideas for it but knew that they would never work; eventually they started talking about other things and fell asleep without coming up with a plan.

It was already late into the afternoon and the barbeque that Gio planned was bigger than she expected. Originally it was just going to be her family and a few select friends; but now it was her family; friends; and new friends. Her dad took the job as head chef and all the adults took their place near him.

Everyone else was scattered around her huge backyard; her new friends and old friends were getting along very well. She was sitting on the deck a little away from the rest of the crowd when Johnson took the seat next to her.

“Since we didn’t plan anything last night; let’s do it now.” He suggested.

“What do you have in mind?” she asked.

“Well they got you wet, why don’t you get them wet? Please don’t take that the dirty way, I get that enough with the rest of the guys.” Johnson said.

“Don’t worry, I’m not. I got the perfect idea. I have some super soakers in my garage, but we need someone else in our plan to distract them while we get them. Oh let’s get Singer! Yo Singer! Get Yo Ass Ova Here!” Gio shouted. Johnson couldn’t stop laughing as Singer made his way over to his friends.

“Please never speak like that ever again,” he said looking behind him to see everyone looking at him. “What do you want?”

“We have a proposition for you,” Johnson started.

“We will make sure that you won’t be in the cross fire if you’re willing to be the distraction.” Gio said.

“Is this part of your revenge?” Singer asked and they nodded. “Okay what do I need to do?” he asked.

“Just make sure that Marshall and Joey aren’t facing the house, they can’t see us coming. Oh yeah if you want it to be memorable, tell Alex to take pictures.” Gio said. He nodded and the two went into the garage and grabbed 3 guns. Two of them were filled with water and one of them, let’s just say that you’ll find out soon enough. Before they actually went back outside then needed another accomplice and Gio called Sam down to man the third gun. After they called Sam down, they called Keenan. Keenan’s job was to warn the surrounding people to watch out for the attack. After everyone was informed on the attack, Gio quickly texted Singer and told him that it was only a matter of minutes before this would all go down.

First Keenan emerged and walked around playing the role as co-host and talked to everyone, in actuality he was warning them. Next, Gio and Johnson casually walked out; there was no point in hiding since everyone but the targets knew what was going on. It was almost more entertaining watching Singer make up an elaborate story to distract them than the actual prank; he was yelling and flailing his arms around trying to plump up the story. When they got within 5 feet of the targets, everyone took a few steps back simultaneously.

“What are you guys doing?” Marshall asked.

“Yeah, why’d you guys step back?” Joey asked. Before anyone could respond, Johnson and Gio attacked them with the super soakers. They were almost too shocked to even more but once they gained some sense they started chasing Gio and Johnson around. Before they got too far, Sam came out with his gun and bombarded them with his gun filled with glitter. This made everyone roar in laughter; not only that but Alex was taking pictures and Megan was recording. The adults even seemed to find this amusing. Eventually Johnson and Gio were out of water and cornered by Marshall and Joey; they didn’t even bother to chase after Sam, afraid of what he would do to them.

“You touch my sister and not only will you get more glitter on your bodies but I will snap you in half,” Sam said from behind the two. They froze in their places and put their hands up in defeat but then moved in on Johnson. “That goes for Johnson too. Let’s just say that there were too many people involved in this that it would be pointless to try to get revenge.” They sighed in defeat and stepped back to look at the trio.

“I’m sorry but I warned you. Now let’s get you guys cleaned up; Marshall can take a shower in my bathroom and Joey can take one in Keenan’s room.” Gio said putting down her gun and hi-fiving her brother and friend before leading them into the house.

“You know that wasn’t very nice,” Joey whispered into her ear.

“I know but who wants to be nice all the time?” she said pushing the shocked Joey into Keenan’s room. After that she walked into her room with Marshall trailing behind her.

“I guess I deserve this, I’m sorry,” Marshall said extending his arms for a hug. Gio immediately started backing away but it was too late, he had her in his grasp and he wasn’t letting go.

“That wasn’t very nice you know,” she said looking up at him.

“Like you said, who wants to be nice all the time?” Marshall quoted. She let out a sarcastic laugh and freed one of her arms to stroke the crease of his eye.

“I still don’t know why your birthmark intrigues me,” she said.

“Are we still really on this? Most people get over it by now,” he chuckled.

“Yeah well can you let me go; because you’re getting me all wet, in more than one way. If you know what I mean.” Gio joked.

“You know I think I’m good. I don’t know why but you intrigue me,” he said restating her words. “It doesn’t matter because I’m happy that you intrigue me; and I’m going to do something that you might hate me for but I hope that you don’t.”

“What would you do that could make me hate you; you’re already getting me all wet.”

“This,” he said reaching down and kissing her. It wasn’t a long kiss but definitely longer than a simple peck of the lips.

“Oh…”