Sparked Up

Underdog

“Look I like you and I just couldn’t not tell you. Think it over and tell me how you feel.” Marshall said giving her another kiss before heading into the shower. Gio liked that kiss but how would Joey feel about the two of them together. It was obvious to Gio that Joey liked her too; she just wished that he was the one to make the move before Marshall did. Now that she thought about it; Marshall is a douche for going after a girl that his friend likes without consulting him first. If she and her friend liked the same guy they would talk about things before either of them made a move; or they wouldn’t go after him at all. Maybe she’s just jumping to conclusions; Marshall could’ve talked to Joey about this. She really needed to talk to a third party that knew the two of them well enough to help her. That left her with Singer or Johnson.

Gio changed quickly then went downstairs so she wouldn’t have to speak to Marshall just yet. She didn’t plan on running into Joey on her way downstairs. It wasn’t awkward for Joey because he didn’t know what just happened but Gio was so fidgety and he eventually noticed.

“Are you okay? Did Marshall attack you because you’re shaking.” He said.

“No, but you guys deserve what you got.” She laughed. Joey shrugged and lazily laid his arm around her shoulders as they walked back outside to join the party. They joined some of her friends from her work and talked senselessly when Marshall walked out. Gio caught his eyes when he glanced over at him and sadness flashed over them when he saw that Joey had his arms around her. She knew that she had no reason to feel guilty but she still did and pulled away from Joey telling him that she was going to go talk to someone.

“Hey can I talk to you?” she asked. “In private?”

“Yeah,” he said pulling away from the people he was talking to and going into the house with her. Some of the guests thought it was weird that Singer and Gio were going off by their selves but most of them just thought that she was telling them their individual goodbyes. “So what did you want to talk about?” he asked as they situated their selves on her bed.

“It’s actually about Marsh and Joey. I think it’s apparent to everyone that Joey likes me. I don’t know if Marshall knew that but he kissed me today and told me to think about a possible relationship. I don’t know if I want to be in a relationship at all. In the end I was just wishing that Joey would’ve made a move before Marshall.” Gio explained.

“I guess I knew for a while that both of them liked you but I didn’t think that Marshall would try anything. Well it seems like you like Joey and don’t really have any feelings for Marshall if you wished that it was Joey. If you want me to tell you the truth; I don’t think that you should involved with either of them. I’m really trying not to be mean but I just don’t see you being with either of them. Joey seems a little too immature for you and Marshall seems too serious for you. Plus, I think you should find someone that you can have a stable relationship with.

The reason Joey hasn’t had a girlfriend in over a year is because he’s really awkward when he has crushes. When the crushes don’t work out he gets really anti-women. Marshall is just anti-women until he meets someone that he likes and I guess that’s you. They’re both obviously nice guys but not right for you.” Singer explained.

“You’re probably right. I guess I’ll tell Marshall later tonight. Maybe then the time apart will give him time to get over it and we can be friends without this hanging over our heads. Do you think I should tell Joey about the kiss or is it completely unnecessary?”

“I say don’t tell him. It’s not really his business. It’s between you and Marshall; if he finds out about it then let him deal with it.” She nodded unsurely. “Seriously don’t worry about it; but we need to get out there because we’ve been in here for too long. People might be getting the wrong impression.” He said.

FF >> Airport

Gio and Alex were at the airport to send the boys off back to Vegas. Gio decided to say her goodbye to Marshall first. She told him last night how it wasn’t a good idea if they got together and he asked if it was because of Joey. Instead of lying she told him that Joey was part of the reason but there were also many other factors that played into it.

“I know we said that we’d stay friends last night but I’m going to make sure that you keep up your end of the bargain. If I don’t hear from you at least once a week I’m going to fly out and kick your ass.” Marshall said seriously.

“I’ll call but that doesn’t mean that I have to be the one calling all the time. You know how to dial my number.” She said.

“Yeah I’ll call you too,” he said solemnly pulling her into a long hug. He then passed her off to Johnson then Singer. The only person left to say good-bye to was Joey. He slowly walked up to her leaving a distance of 2 feet between them.

“You always leave the best for last don’t you?” he joked.

“How do you know I didn’t just go for the best first and saved the worst for last?” she joked but he could still hear the sadness in her voice.

“How can I be the worst when I’m with you?”

“That was really lame,” she choked out. By now tears were sliding down her cheeks and she had no control over it.

“Come here,” he said holding her close. Final Boarding Call to Las Vegas. “I have to go now but I’ll call you when I get off the plane okay?” he said. She nodded and waved by to the rest of the guys. Joey held onto her until the very last second then kissed her forehead before boarding the plane himself.

“So nothing’s going to happen with Joey?” Alex asked holding her.

“No, it wouldn’t have worked anyways. Plus, I didn’t tell him how I felt. Marshall kissed me last night you know.”

“What? So are you with him?” he asked.

“No, but I’ll tell you the whole story on the ride home,” she said grabbing his hand and walking to the parking garage.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm hating writing this story.