We'll Still Have Each Other

The One Where Scotty and Anya Go All the Way

"So, what does that even mean?" Scotty asked the doctor who had just used a bunch of medical jargon to say what was wrong with Anya. "Did she break it or what?" Scotty just wanted the simplest terms at the moment.

Before the doctor could answer him, the door opened and Danny and Kevin came bursting into the room. "What's wrong? Did you break it?" Danny asked Anya, partially out of breath, as if he and Kevin had just ran there, which they most likely had.

"I think so," Anya said, confused as to what the doctor had told her, just like Scotty had been. But, she was pretty sure she had heard the word fracture, and that was the same as a break, wasn't it?

Everyone turned to look at the doctor, who simply nodded his head. "Yes, she broke her wrist. It's called a Colles fracture, which is a fracture to the distal part of her radius," he explained. Anya still didn't really know what he was talking about, but she did understand that she had broken her wrist.

"So, what happens now?" Scotty spoke up.

"We're going to put you in a brace for a couple of weeks. Then, you need to go see this doctor and see how it's progressing along," he continued, scribbling some doctor's name on a paper and handing it to Scotty, who was holding all of Anya's things at the moment. "If it's not healing properly, you'll probably have to have surgery," he stated.

Anya sighed loudly, leaning her head back. "Great," she muttered.

"I'll be back in a few minutes to fit the brace for you," the doctor said, leaving the room.

"I can't believe I broke my fucking wrist," Anya muttered. She glanced up at Kevin. "Thank you for this," she said sarcastically.

"I'm really sorry," Kevin apologized.

Anya rubbed her face with her hands before looking over at him. "It's not your fault. I never should have gotten on that stupid snowboard. Listen, you all don't have to stay," she told them. "I just need one of you to stay and drive me home."

Scotty wanted to volunteer, wanting to be the one to drive her home so that maybe she could tell him why she didn't want to snowboard. But before he could, Danny said that he'd take her home, and he knew if he argued, it'd raise a red flag. "I'll see you guys back at the house. Thanks for bringing me here, Scotty. And, both of you need to stop blaming yourselves," she added. "It wasn't either of your guys's fault."

"See you back at the house," Kevin said, and she nodded, watching them leave the room.

Danny and Anya sat in the room in silence, waiting for the doctor to come back with the brace. After what felt like an eternity, he finally did, and after it was fitted properly, they were allowed to leave.

As they sat in Danny's car, he took his eyes off of the road long enough to glance at his sister. "So," he began.

"I don’t want to talk about it, Danny," she said, not even letting him say anything, as she kept her eyes focused on the moving scenery outside the window.

"You don’t even know what I was going to say!" Danny claimed.

"Yes, I do," Anya said, turning her head to look at him. "You were going to ask me why I decided to get on a snowboard after telling you ten years ago that I never would again no matter what. Am I right?"

"Okay, so you do know what I was going to say. So, answer it."

"I don't know, Danny," she admitted quietly. "It was stupid."

"You know I don't agree with you, obviously. I mean, I make a living snowboarding, and I think you gave it up too easily," he began.

"No, I didn't," Anya snapped. "You know exactly why I refused to snowboard. Now can we please stop talking about it."

"Fine, let's talk about this new guy in your life instead," Danny said, changing topics.

Anya's eyes went wide, but fortunately for her, Danny didn't see, as he was focused on the road. "What new guy?" she asked, wanting to figure out how much Danny knew before she offered him any information.

"C'mon, Anya. Did you really think you two could keep it a secret from me? We live in the same damn house!" Danny told her. He didn't seem angry about it, but Anya didn't know for sure.

"How'd you find out?" she asked him.

"You're so loud! How was I not going to find out?" he replied. Anya shut her eyes, wondering what she should say. "So, who's the guy?" he asked.

"Huh?" Anya questioned, having no idea what he was talking about. Didn't he just say that he knew about her Scotty because they were so loud? Then why was he asking who the guy was?

"Anya, I hear you and Harper whispering about some guy that you're seeing all the time. And, then you went out on that date the other night. Who'd you go with?" he asked, and Anya let out a breath of relief to hear that he didn't actually know about Scotty.

"It doesn't matter, Danny," she said, hoping to get him off of this topic of conversation. "So, what about you? Any girlfriend in your life?"

"You're not getting out of this so easily," Danny chuckled as he pulled up to the house.

"Sorry, but I better go inside and let everyone know what's going on," she told him, quickly jumping out of his car and practically running into the house.

As soon as she walked inside, she saw Luke sitting on the couch by himself, watching television. When he heard the door open, he turned his head around to see Anya, and he motioned towards her wrist. "What? You and Scotty get a little rowdy last night in bed and he break your wrist?" he asked with a laugh.

Danny walked up beside Anya, and she shut her eyes, praying that he hadn't just heard Luke and his big mouth. "What did you just say?" Danny questioned Luke, who now was looking like a deer in headlights.

"Luke's just being an asshole," Anya rolled her eyes. "Where's everyone else?" she asked him.

"Kitchen," Luke said, pointing in the direction of the kitchen.

Anya walked that way, seeing Harper and Mason sitting inside. "Oh my God, thank God you're okay!" Harper said when she saw Anya. "I was so worried when I saw you fall! Scotty said that you broke your wrist?" she asked, looking at the brace that Anya was wearing.

"Yeah," Anya sighed, sitting down at the table.

"And, Kev said that I'd be the one that would break your bones. But, instead it was Scotty," Mason said with a laugh, causing Harper to slap him in the arm. "What?" he questioned.

"She fucking broke her arm!" Harper exclaimed. "Stop joking around."

"Actually, she broke her wrist," Mason corrected his girlfriend, who narrowed her eyes at him. "I'm just sayin'," he shrugged.

"Where are Kevin and Scotty?" Anya asked. "They left the hospital before Danny and I did. I assumed they would have come back here."

"They did, they're upstairs," Harper told her.

"Oh," she nodded her head. "Well, I think I'm gonna head up to my room for a while if anyone's wondering where I'm at," Anya said, and Harper and Mason both nodded at her.

"I hope you're feeling better soon!" Harper called after her.

"Thanks," she told her before heading towards the stairs and climbing them two at a time. She walked to her room, shutting her door behind it, as she collapsed onto her bed. Not even two minutes later, there was a knock on the door, and before she could tell whoever it was to come in, the door was opening.

She turned her head to see Scotty walking inside. "You know, you could have walked in on me naked," she informed him.

"And, that's a bad thing?" he asked.

Anya couldn’t keep the smile off of her face. "What do you want, Scotty?" she asked.

"I was hoping we could finish that conversation from earlier about why you don't want to snowboard," he suggested.

Anya sighed but knew she might as well tell him what was going on. "Shut the door," she told him as she sat up in bed. He did as told and then came back over and sat down next to her.

"So?" he asked. "You said something about it happening ten years ago?"

Anya nodded her head. "Yeah, I was ten at the time," she began, going back in time to remember the day that changed her life. "I used to go out and watch Danny and his friends ride. I don't know why, but for some reason, our parents let us go out on our own that day. It was just me and Danny and a couple of his friends. His friends back then weren't as nice as you guys are today," she told Scotty with a smile.

"What happened?" Scotty asked her.

"Danny had just gone down the mountain, and I was standing at the top, waiting on him to come back up. I was on a snowboard for some stupid reason, even though I didn't really want to snowboard that day. I was never really good at it, but I liked being out there with my big brother," she said with a small laugh, remembering how much she idolized Danny at that age. "Anyways, a couple of his friends were up there and they were taunting me about going down the hill. I told them I didn't want to, and they said they were going to make me one way or another. I kept saying I was just waiting on Danny to get back up the mountain so I could go home, and they said they weren't going to let me go until I went down the hill."

Scotty could guess what happened next, but he wanted to hear it from Anya. She had paused for a moment, and he gently prodded her to continue. "Anya, what happened?"

"One of his friends pushed me, and I didn't even stay on the snowboard for two seconds before I toppled over and tumbled down the rest of the mountain," she recalled. "I broke one of my legs and one of my ankles, both arms, five ribs, and my collar bone. It's a miracle I'm alive today. I ended up being homeschooled, trying to catch up so I could go back to public school, while I was in the hospital for months. Afterwards, I vowed never to get on a snowboard again."

Scotty was still trying to process what she had gone through. Sure, he'd had his fair share of major injuries, but to have that many injuries at such a young age was unfathomable. "What made you change your mind? About snowboarding today?"

"Like I told you, Kevin wasn't going to give me my camera if I didn't."

"He would have eventually given you your camera either way."

"And, maybe the fact that you were going to help me influenced my decision," Anya said with a smile on her face.

"Really?" Scotty asked. "You trust me that much?"

Anya shrugged. "Yeah, I figured you weren't going to push me and watch me fall down a mountain like Danny's friends did back then."

"Anya, I am so sorry about what happened today," Scotty said seriously.

"It wasn't your fault," Anya interrupted him.

"But, it still happened."

"Just shut up and kiss me already," Anya said with a small laugh, not waiting on him to make the first move, but instead leaning across her bed and kissing him herself. Things quickly got heated, and Anya broke away slightly from him for just a moment. "Please tell me you have a condom or that you have one close by," she begged.

"After the bathroom incident, I make sure to have one in my wallet at all times," he smiled at her, reaching in his back pocket and pulling his wallet out, finding the condom and showing it to her.

"Thank God because I didn't want to stop this again," she said, attaching her lips to his once again, as all of their clothes were quickly shed, and for once, there were no interruptions to stop them from going further.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things get interesting next chapter ;)
(Joanna, you kind of already know, so don't ruin it for everyone, haha)
Comments would be lovely!