We'll Still Have Each Other

The One Where Sides Are Chosen

Anya and Scotty lay in her bed, both naked and covered in a sheen of sweat. Scotty turned his head to look at Anya. "Y'know, I have to say that that was definitely worth the wait," he told her.

Anya nodded her head. "Oh yeah, definitely," she said, turning and kissing him on the lips.

The next thing they know, Anya's door is bursting open, and they heard Kevin shriek, "Oh my God!"

"Holy shit! Shut the damn door!" Anya ordered Kevin, and he kicked the door shut, while keeping his hand over his eyes to shield himself from the other two. "Don't you know how to knock?" Anya asked, quickly grabbing her robe and putting it on, thankful that it was sitting on the chair, easily within reach from the bed.

"What…You two…How long…What did I walk in on?" Kevin finally got a question out.

"What do you think you walked in on?" Scotty asked in response.

"Oh my God, I can't believe you two are sleeping together. Well, I mean, I can believe it. But, still, does Danny know? He can't know, can he? He'd kill you, Scotty!" Kevin exclaimed.

"No, Danny doesn't know," Anya sighed. "We were trying to keep it a secret."

"Am I the only one that knows?" Kevin asked.

"You, Harper, and Luke," Anya said.

"Luke knows?" Kevin raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, and we'd appreciate it if it just stayed between us. Please don't tell Danny," Anya begged.

"You know you can't keep this a secret from him forever, right? He's not an idiot. He may be slow, but he'll catch on eventually," Kevin told them.

"We know, Kev. Now, can you please get out of here?" Scotty requested.

"Yeah, right," Kevin nodded his head, spinning around and walking out the door. "Oh, and next time," he said, turning around right outside the door. "Lock the damn door," he told the two of them before slamming the door behind him. Anya stood up and took Kevin's advice, locking the door.

"Great, one more person that knows," she muttered.

Scotty stood up, making his way over to her. "Kev won't tell anyone," he assured her, kissing her exposed neck.

"Do you think he's right, though? That Danny's going to figure it out eventually?"

Scotty shrugged. "Probably. But, let's worry about that when the time comes. In the meantime, I can think of some better things that can be done with out time," he smirked, kissing along her collar bone, remembering her story from earlier about her breaking it when he came across a bump in it. He continued kissing along it, making it to her shoulder.

"You're right," Anya smiled, bringing his face up to hers as they made their way back to the bed for round two.

•••

Anya made her way down to the kitchen, hoping it was too obvious that she wasn't going to run into the guys downstairs. She knew she'd have to face them eventually, but if Kevin or Luke were downstairs, she knew that they'd give her a hard time about being with Scotty. Fortunately, when she got down there, she only saw Harper in the kitchen, making what appeared to be lunch for everyone.

"You know, you spoil the guys way too much," Anya smiled at her as Harper turned around from the stove.

"Oh my God," she spoke slowly, and Anya looked at her curiously, wondering what she was gasping about. "You slept with Scotty!" Harper asked loudly.

"How the hell did you figure that out?" Anya questioned, her eyes widening. "And will you please keep it down? I don't need the rest of the guys to find out!"

"The guys are all out," Harper told her. "And how did I know? It's obvious. I mean, just the way you look, it's obvious that you had sex. I just figured that it was with Scotty," she explained. "So, how was it?" Harper asked with a smirk.

"Do you really care how good your boyfriend's friend is in bed?" Anya asked with a raised eyebrow.

"He was good, wasn't he?" Harper asked, not answering Anya's question.

Anya couldn't keep the smile off of her face. "Yeah, he was," she nodded her head. "Really good. And, it would have been perfect had Kevin not walked in on us," she muttered.

"Kev walked in on you two?" Harper asked, and Anya nodded her head. "Damn! What'd he have to say? I can't picture Kevin being okay with this since you're keeping it from Danny."

"I don't think he is, but hopefully he'll keep his mouth shut about it. Danny doesn't need to find out right now."

"So what exactly's going on between you and Scotty? Are you dating or are you just sleeping with each other or what?" Harper asked curiously.

"Well, we haven't officially talked about it or anything," Anya shrugged. "But, I'm hoping it's not a one and done kind of thing," Anya said and Harper smiled at her. The two girls talked a little while longer as Anya helped Harper make lunch for all the guys.

"When are the guys getting back anyways? Where'd they go?" Anya asked, looking at the clock on the stove, seeing it was a little after one.

"They should be back any minute," Harper told her, and as if on cue, the front door opened. Anya waited for the guys to all rush into the kitchen like they did for any meal that Harper fixed them, but instead, she heard screaming coming from the living room.

"And, you thought you could just sleep with her without me finding out?" Anya heard Danny scream, and she shot a look at Harper before both women rushed out into the living room to see what was happening. They walked inside and saw Danny with a look of death in his eyes, glaring at Scotty, and Anya knew that he had found out about her and Scotty. "Are you going to answer me?" Danny continued.

"What do you want me to say, man?" Scotty asked, a little too nonchalantly for Danny's liking.

"She's my sister!" Danny bellowed. "I told you, actually I told everyone, to stay away from her. And, what do you do? You fuck her? What, did you think what I said didn't apply to you?" he yelled.

"Stop it!" Anya yelled, rushing in between Danny and Scotty, facing her brother. "Stop it!" she repeated. "It's not like it was only him!"

"Move out of the way, Anya," Danny said lowly. Anya had never seen her brother like this. He was always the carefree, happy-go-lucky guy, and right now he looked like he could kill someone.

"No," Anya shook her head, continuing to stand her ground, as she crossed her arms over her chest.

However, Scotty put his hand on her shoulder, moving her out of the way. "Anya, don't get in the middle of this. This is between me and Danny," he said, keeping his eyes locked with Danny's. "What do you want me to say?" he asked Danny once again. "That I'm sorry? Because I'm not. I'm not sorry for being with Anya."

"She's just another notch on your bedpost," Danny narrowed his eyes at him. "And, I'm not letting you treat my sister like that."

"I'm a big girl, Danny! You don't need to protect me," Anya tried to interject, but neither of them were listening to a word she was saying.

"You don't know what you're talking about," Scotty told him.

"I know this, I don't want you to ever touch my sister again. In fact, don't even talk to her," Danny said. "If you even lay a finger on her, I swear I'll break your Goddamn hand," he threatened.

"Try it," Scotty challenged. "Because I'm not going to stop seeing her because of you."

Anya looked around to see everyone else staring at Danny and Scotty, their heads bouncing back and forth as each one talked, as if they were watching a tennis tournament. She was hoping one of the guys would step in and try to calm the two guys down because it was evident that neither one would listen to Anya herself. However, nobody seemed to be stepping up.

"Do you really want everyone turned against you?" Danny questioned. "Because I guarantee you that everyone in this house will back me up. Right guys?" he asked, looking back at Mason, Kevin, Luke, and Jack.

Kevin was the first one to speak up, giving Scotty a slight look of sympathy. "Yeah man, of course I've got your back," he said to Danny, moving to stand behind him. Scotty didn't look surprised by Kevin's sense of loyalty to Danny as he looked at the other guys, almost challenging them to see whose side they'd take.

"Me too," Mason declared, moving beside Kevin. Harper looked at him with a look of disbelief, shocked he was taking sides in this mess.

"What about you two?" Danny asked, looking at the two brothers that were left. Anya looked at Danny and Scotty almost pleadingly, wishing they'd stop this, but it was clear that they weren't going to stop until everyone had picked sides. "C'mon guys, you've gotta pick a side," Danny continued.

"Sorry, man," Luke apologized to Danny before stepping towards Scotty. "I've gotta take his side though."

"Me too," Jack nodded his head, following his brother over towards Scotty.

"You're going to wish you'd never met my sister," Danny scowled at Scotty before he, Mason, and Kevin walked up the stairs.

Scotty shot Anya an apologetic look, but didn't say anything to her, as he and the Mitrani brothers walked back out the door, leaving Anya and Harper standing in the middle of the living room in shock.

"What have I done?" Anya muttered. "I just broke up an unbreakable friendship," she said, sitting down on the couch, putting her head in her hands.

"It'll be fine," Harper assured her, but Anya gave her a look of disbelief. "It'll all blow over soon, and they'll all be back to being best friends. Just you wait and see," she told her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, an update!
You'll find out in the next chapter how exactly Danny found out about Scotty & Anya.
Hopefully it won't take as long for the next chapter!