We'll Still Have Each Other

The One Where the Truth Comes Out

Anya knew she had to talk to Scotty about everything that had just occurred, but he still hadn't come back after he had left the house earlier, even though Jack and Luke had come back a little while earlier. She had asked them if they knew where Scotty was or when he would get back, but both of them just mumbled something about Scotty saying he needed some time to himself to think things through.

Going against her better judgment, Anya decided to go out and search for him. She put on her coat and grabbed her cell phone, walking outside, instantly regretting leaving the warm house. Fortunately for her, she didn't have to search too long before she found Scotty sitting by himself near the halfpipe, simply watching other people snowboard.

"Do you mind some company?" Anya asked him, not waiting for an answer before she sat down next to him.

"What are you doing out here?" Scotty asked, turning his body around so he was now facing her.

"I wanted to talk to you, and since you apparently aren't coming back to the house, I decided to come search for you," Anya said with a smile. She waited on him to reply, but he didn't say anything. "You wanna talk about what just happened?"

"Not really," Scotty said honestly.

"Too bad," Anya said with a small laugh. "So, Danny obviously knows about us," she stated the obvious, and Scotty nodded his head slowly. "How'd he find out?"

Scotty sighed as he leaned back, thinking back to just an hour ago, when everything came out into the open and Danny found out what had been going on behind his back.

The guys were walking back to their house from just having gone to the mountain, playing around and trying to come up with some new tricks. Surprisingly, this time no one had gotten hurt and had been sent to the hospital. They were sure today was the day that someone was going to the hospital. It happened at least once every couple of weeks, and excluding Anya's broken wrist, no one had gone to the hospital in at least three weeks.

"You owe me ten bucks," Mason said, turning to Luke, holding his hand out for him. The rest of the guys turned towards the two boys, looking at them curiously. "I said we'd go one more day without anyone getting sent to the hospital. Luke said today would be the day," Mason explained.

Scotty rolled his eyes. "You bet on this?" he asked.

"Yep," Mason nodded as Luke reluctantly handed him a ten dollar bill. "And I won," he smiled brightly.

"Anyways," Kevin said, not wanting to listen about the bet any longer."What are the plans for tonight? Anyone got a hot date or something?"

"Nope," Jack, Danny, and Scotty said at the same time.

"I forgot, Scotty doesn't take his dates out. He likes to hide them away instead," Luke muttered under his breath, and Scotty glanced over at him, wondering what he was doing.

"What?" Jack asked, having also heard Luke. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing," Luke said, shaking his head, but he knew that answer wouldn't suffice when he saw all the guys looking over at him curiously. "It's just when Jack and I went out to eat the other night, I saw Scotty and his date there, and as soon as Jack and I walked in, the two of them ran to the bathroom to avoid us, and they stayed in there the whole time we were eating, and you all know how long it takes Jack to eat," Luke explained.

"Hey!" Jack said, taking offense to what Luke said about him.

The other guys were still stuck on what Luke had said about Scotty and this girl that no one really knew anything about, except for Luke and Kevin, of course. "What were you doing that whole time in the bathroom?" Danny teased, not realizing that Scotty had been with Anya at the time.

"Oh, I'm sure we all know what he was doing that whole time," Mason chimed in.

"So, who was the lucky lady? Do we know her?" Danny asked. "Or was she a one time fuck?"

Scotty shook his head, refusing to answer Danny. Either way he answered it, the guys weren't going to let it go. He looked over at Luke, glaring at him before catching Kevin's eye, who had put two and two together and figured out that he had been with Anya then.

Jack started laughing, and everyone turned their focus to him. "What?" Kevin asked, wondering why he was laughing all of a sudden.

"Didn't Anya go out that night to?" Jack asked, and Scotty could feel the color drain from his face. "Wouldn't that have been funny if Scotty and Anya had been out on a date that night," he continued laughing.

Instead of laughing along with Jack, everyone turned their heads to look at Scotty. "Oh my God!" Mason practically shrieked. "You were with Anya?" he asked, his eyes widening as everyone stopped in their tracks, only a couple minutes away from the house.

Scotty didn't respond to Mason but instead turned towards Luke. "I'm going to kill you," he said in a surprisingly calm voice, but everyone could tell that he was being serious at the moment.

"You were with Anya?" Danny screamed out, his brain finally comprehending what had just been confirmed by Scotty not protesting. "You fucked my sister in the bathroom of some restaurant?" he questioned.

"No," Scotty said immediately, remembering that he and Anya didn't have sex that night. "Not in the bathroom," he assured Danny.

"But you've slept with her?" Danny asked, his eyes narrowing at Scotty. Scotty didn't respond but instead kept walking towards the house. He really didn't want to have this conversation at all with Danny, let alone outside where anyone that wanted to could eavesdrop. "Don't think you can run away from me," Danny called out, picking up his speed to reach Scotty, who was practically at the house at this point. "I can't believe you slept with her!" Danny continued yelling.

Scotty opened the door to the house, only to have Danny storm in right after him. "And you thought you could just sleep with her without me finding out?" Danny screamed, with the other guys filing into the house behind him.


"And, that's when you showed up, so you know what happened after that," Scotty finished telling Anya the story.

"So now what?" Anya asked quietly.

"Now you tell me that you've got to choose your brother over me because he's family," Scotty said nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders. He refused to look over at Anya.

"Danny can't tell me who I can be with," Anya said, surprising Scotty, who whipped his head around, shocked she wasn't saying she had to be on Danny's side. "Besides, he'll have to get over it, right?"

"Anya, are you sure that you want to choose sides in this? Especially my side?" Scotty asked.

"Why, Scotty Lago, are you trying to get rid of me?" Anya asked jokingly.

Scotty shook his head, a smile on his face. "Never," he assured her.

"Good," Anya smiled. "Now, can we please go inside. I'm freezing," she told him.

"Yeah, I know some ways to warm you up real quickly," Scotty smirked, wiggling his eyebrows as the two raced back to the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, sorry about that.
But, now you know how Danny found out!
Oh, and I'm thinking of maybe doing a KP story after this one's finished. Any thoughts on that?