We'll Still Have Each Other

The One Where Plates Are Thrown

Anya walked down the stairs, having just had an amazing time with Scotty in his bed. For that short period of time, she had forgotten all about what had happened between Scotty, Danny, and all of the other guys. But, now as she was climbing down the stairs, reality was once again setting in, and she recalled the major argument she had witnessed before.

As she reached the bottom of the stairs, she could hear yelling coming from inside the kitchen, with one of the voices sounding like Harper. She didn't know who Harper could possibly be fighting with, and Anya made her way inside, seeing Harper and Mason standing inside, having a heated argument.

"How the hell could you choose Danny's side?" she heard Harper scream, and Anya sighed, realizing that they were fighting because of her and Scotty.

"What'd you want me to do, Harper?" Mason screamed back. In the few weeks that Anya had been staying in the house, she'd never once heard Mason yell in anger, and she was taken aback to hear it now as she stayed just outside of the kitchen, out of view of Mason and Harper, continuing to listen to them. "Scotty's an idiot for doing this! Danny told everyone to stay away from his sister, and what does Scotty do? He doesn't listen and goes right after her. Of course I'm going to take Danny's side!"

"Scotty's happy!" Harper yelled back. "Don't you get that? For the first time since I've met him, he's actually found a girl that he likes for more than just the sex! That doesn't happen very often for him. So, maybe it is Danny's sister, but don't you think Danny should get over it for the happiness of his friend?" she questioned.

"No!" Mason exclaimed. "Scotty never thinks the rules apply to him. This is just like him!"

"God, Mason!" Harper began before Anya saw someone rush past her and run into the kitchen.

"What the hell is going on in here?" she heard Keir question, and Anya slowly made her way inside. "What are you two fighting about?"

"Mason's being an idiot," Harper answered, crossing her arms over her chest.

"What'd he do this time?" Keir asked with a bit of amusement in his voice. He was used to Harper and Mason having little bickering matches all the time, and it always seemed to start because Mason said something stupid without thinking.

"He took Danny's side!" Harper screamed, scaring Keir a bit from her loudness.

"Because Scotty was wrong!" Mason yelled at her.

"Whoa, whoa," Keir said, trying to quiet the two. "What are you guys talking about? Danny's side? Scotty's wrong? What's going on? What'd I miss?" he asked, looking confusedly between the two of them, hoping someone would explain everything to him.

Mason and Harper both began trying to explain their sides of the situation at the same time, causing Keir to become even more confused. "Maybe I should explain," Anya said, walking towards them.

"What's going on?" Keir asked her.

Anya took a deep breath. "I guess I should start from the beginning," she shrugged, and Keir nodded, wanting to hear the whole story. "Well, you know about Danny telling all the guys that none of them can date me, right?" she asked him.

"Yeah," Keir nodded. "What about it?"

"Well, I knew about it, too, and I decided that I didn't care what Danny said to the guys. I started liking Scotty, and I started pursuing him. A couple weeks ago, him and I went out on a date, and we've been together ever since," she said, giving him a quick outline of what had happened. "Well, we wanted to keep it from everyone, especially Danny, but people kept finding out. First, Harper, then Luke, then Kev."

"You knew!" Mason screamed at Harper. "You fucking knew about Anya and Scotty all along? And you didn't tell me?" he screeched, and Anya realized she had made a mistake by letting that slip, as it was apparent that Harper had never filled Mason in on that little tidbit.

"No, I didn't tell you!" Harper yelled back. "Look at how you're reacting now! It's a good thing I didn't tell you!"

"So what happened?" Keir asked Anya, wanting her to finish telling her stories.

"Yesterday, Luke let it slip that Scotty and I had been dating," she told Keir. "Danny obviously flipped his shit when he found out and went off on Scotty and then made the rest of the guys choose sides between him or Scotty. Mase and Kev sided with Danny. Jack and Luke and apparently Harper sided with Scotty," she explained.

Keir ran a hand over his face. "Shit," he muttered as Mason and Harper began arguing with each other once again.

"I'm really sorry," Anya told Keir. She didn't know why she was apologizing to him at the moment, but she felt it was necessary. She followed him as he walked out of the kitchen, trying to get away from the screaming. "I didn't mean for it to end up like this, and I'm sure Scotty didn't either. I never expected for a relationship with Scotty to divide the house."

Keir was quiet for a moment, digesting what Anya had just told him. "So, what's going to happen now?" he asked her. "What are you and Lago going to do now?"

"Scotty and I are going to stay together, if that's what you're asking," Anya told him quietly. Keir didn't say anything, and Anya continued. "I'm hoping that if we just give it some time that Danny will get used to the idea of us together."

"I don't like that a girl is coming between the guys. We're all supposed to be inseparable," Keir told her.

"I know," Anya mumbled. "What do you think I should do?" she asked, looking over at him. She'd always heard that if you had a problem, Keir could fix it. He was always helping out the guys in the house with their problems, and Anya was hoping that he could help her with hers.

"I don't think there's a good way to solve this problem," Keir told her. "No matter what you do, someone's going to be pissed. You break up with Lago, and Danny's happy, but you and Scotty aren't. You don’t break up with him, and you two are happy, but Danny's not. It's a lose-lose situation."

"So, you're pretty much saying I have to choose between Scotty and my brother?" Anya asked.

Keir shrugged. "For once, I really don't know what to do."

"Great," Anya mumbled just as they heard a loud crash coming from the kitchen. Anya immediately ran inside, while Keir jumped off the couch, following her. Her eyes widened when she saw shards from a plate behind Harper, along with a plate in Harper's hand that she promptly whipped across the room at Mason, who barely dodged it, causing it to hit the cabinet and shatter behind him.

"What the fuck is going on?" Keir screamed, though neither Harper nor Mason seemed to hear him as they both grabbed another plate, ready to try to hit each other again. "Stop it!" he yelled, stepping between the two of them. "What are you guys, five years old?" he questioned, looking at the two of them, while Anya walked to Harper, grabbing the plate out of her hand. Keir followed her actions, doing the same thing to Mason. "You're throwing plates at each other?" Keir asked incredulously.

"She started it," Mason muttered, nodding his head in Harper's direction, while she rolled her eyes at him.

"This is ridiculous guys," Anya told them. "You're fighting about something that you shouldn't be! Why are you guys letting this affect your relationship?" she asked.

"I'm not," Harper said, turning to face her. "Because there is no relationship to affect anymore."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Keir asked, turning to look at Harper.

"Mason and I are through," Harper answered, promptly walking out of the house, leaving Keir and Anya stunned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Super short, and definitely not my favorite chapter.
Hopefully the next one will be better!