We'll Still Have Each Other

The One Where Danny and Anya Talk

Anya sat in the living room by herself, going through all of her pictures she had taken while she had been here. She was doing everything she could to try to get her mind off of the fact that Mason and Harper had just had a huge fight that resulted in the two of them breaking up and that she was directly responsible for that.

As she clicked her mouse to view the next picture, she could feel her heart sink as she saw one that she had taken the previous week of Mason with Harper in the background, her eyes on him, a look of sheer love in them.

"Whatcha looking at?" she heard Scotty say from behind her as he walked around the couch and took a seat next to her.

"Do Mason and Harper fight a lot?" Anya asked, ignoring Scotty's question. A part of her hoped that this was just some sort of cycle that Mason and Harper went through, where they fought, broke up, and then within two hours they were having make up sex or something.

"Do Mason and Harper fight a lot?" Scotty repeated Anya's question, and she nodded her head in confirmation. "Bicker, yes. I mean they say things to annoy the other one, but that's kind of how their relationship is. They know that in the end, they're joking around with one another and they don't really mean any of it. But, fight? No, they don't really fight," Scotty shook his head, trying to recall a time that he'd actually witnessed a true fight between the two of them.

"Great," Anya said sarcastically, closing her computer and putting it on the coffee table in front of her. "Not only have I split the guys in this house into sides but I've broken up the relationship of my best friend here! Maybe I should just leave!"

"Anya, what's going on? What are you talking about?" Scotty asked, taking his hands in hers, which were currently covering up her face. "Why were you asking about Mase and Harper?" he inquired.

"Because they broke up today!" Anya exclaimed.

"Whoa, hold on there," Scotty said. "What do you mean they broke up? Mase and Harper wouldn't just break up. They've been going out forever. She's the only person that can put up with Mase and all of his shit and still love him."

Anya shook her head. "Well, it's over now. They started arguing today about you and me being together. Harper was angry that Mason took Danny's side, and then they started throwing plates at each other, and then they broke up!" she spoke quickly, leaving Scotty confused, wondering if he'd understood her right.

"They threw plates at each other?" he asked.

"Scotty!" Anya scolded. "That's not what's important here! We broke up a couple!"

"Anya, we didn't break anyone up."

"Yes, we did!" Anya argued. "They were fighting about us."

"That's not our fault," Scotty told her, but he could tell that Anya was upset about this. "What do you want to do, Anya? Do you want to break up? Would that fix everything?" he asked.

Anya quickly looked over at Scotty, wondering if he was serious for suggesting them to break up. "No, I don't want to break up!" she told him. "I'd be miserable if we broke up. I just don't know what to do to make everyone happy." She glanced at him to see a smug expression on his face. "What?" she questioned.

"You'd be miserable if we broke up?" he smirked.

Anya leaned over, hitting his shoulder with hers. "Shut up," she laughed. "Can we please focus on what's important right now," she requested. "We need to somehow get Danny to be okay with us dating. If he's fine with it, you know everyone else will be, too."

"And, how exactly do you plan on us getting Danny to be okay with the two of us?" Scotty inquired, raising an eyebrow at her.

"I don't know," Anya admitted. "Maybe I'll try talking to him first," she suggested. "Maybe if I just explain that we really like each other, he'll be okay with it," she shrugged.

Scotty laughed at her. "Do you really believe that will work?" he asked her.

"Not at all," Anya shook her head. "But, it's worth a shot. I mean, what else can we do?" she asked.

"I don't know," Scotty admitted before he got quiet, causing Anya to look over at him, wondering what was going on. "Listen, I just want to warn you, if you do go talk to Danny one-on-one, there's probably a good chance that he's going to bring up some things that have happened in my past. And, let's just say that I haven't always made the best decisions or have the best track record when it comes to women and relationships."

"What are you trying to say?" Anya asked, tilting her head to one side and looking at him.

"I’m just saying that I wouldn't put it past Danny to bring up some things that have happened in the past to try to dissuade you from dating me."

"Scotty, what happened in the past is in the past," Anya told him.

"Just know that I'm not the guy I was back then."

"Is there something you want to tell me?"

Scotty shook his head. "No," he told her. "I just wanted to give you a head's up."

"Okay," Anya smiled at him. "Well, I think I'm going to try to hunt Danny down and see if he'll talk to me," she said, leaning over and giving Scotty a quick kiss before standing up. "I'll see you later," she told him before running up the stairs and grabbing a coat before going out the door, trying to track down Danny.

It didn't take Anya too long to find Danny out on the slopes, his board at his side, while he watched other people snowboard. "Hey big bro," Anya called out, walking up towards him. Danny quickly glanced at Anya before turning his attention back towards the snowboarders. "Don't even pretend like you're going to give me the cold shoulder," Anya continued. "You have to talk to me, I'm your sister."

"What do you want Anya?" Danny asked, keeping his eyes on the slopes.

"What are you angry about?" Anya didn't waste any time in getting to the point. "Is it that I'm dating one of your best friends? Or is it that I'm dating Scotty in particular? Or is it that we didn't tell you?"

"All of the above," Danny mumbled, playing with the hat on his head.

"C'mon Danny! You've got to give me a little more than that!"

"I don't think Scotty's the one for you. There's a lot about him that you don't know. And, I think if you knew all of it, you wouldn't choose to be with him."

"Danny, Scotty's one of your best friends, and you're trash talking him right now. Do you even realize that? What the hell has gotten into you? I thought the point of Frends was so that you stuck together no matter what, but that's not happening. And why not? Because Scotty's dating me? That's just ridiculous and you know it!" Anya exclaimed.

"You don't get it, Anya. You don't get anything about Frends," Danny shook his head.

"What don't I get?" Anya questioned.

Danny took a deep breath, as if he were about to answer her question, but then he shook his head. "Just forget it," he told her. "You want to date Scotty, fine. Just don't expect me to approve of it."

"Are you two going to stop this crazy division you've caused in the house?" Anya asked him.

"I'll tell the other guys to forget about it, they don't have to choose sides. But, don't think that this means I'm going to be okay with Scotty. I told him not to date you, and he did it anyways. I'm not going to forgive him so easily," Danny replied.

"Danny, why are you acting like this?" Anya asked. "Why can't you just be happy for the two of us?" Danny, however, didn't answer her, but instead walked off without another word to her. "Damn it!" Anya yelled, wondering what was going through her brother's mind and why he was acting so weird right now.

Anya made her way back to the house a little later, finding no one in the living room when she walked inside, something that wasn't that typical. There was usually at least one person sitting in the living room, doing one thing or another. She climbed the stairs, finding Scotty's door open, and she walked inside. "Hey," she smiled at him. "Where is everyone?"

"They all left about ten minutes ago. I decided to stay back and wait on you to get back."

"You didn't have to do that, you could have gone out with them," she told him. "Did you guys all finally make up?" she asked, and when she saw the confused look on Scotty's face, she knew they hadn't yet.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"Nothing," Anya sighed. "It's just something Danny said."

"What'd he say?"

"He said that he'd tell the other guys to stop with the whole choosing sides thing, and I was hoping he'd have already told them so you can stop this stupid separation thing in the house," Anya replied.

"And what about Danny? Is he okay with us going out?" Scotty asked hopefully.

"Nope," Anya shook her head. "I don't know what's going on with him lately. I mean, I've never seen him like this, this protective or something. I don't know what it is, but I don't like it," she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I don't know what it is, either," Scotty said. "But, hopefully he'll get over it soon."
♠ ♠ ♠
If anyone's interested, I've got the preview page up for my Kevin Pearce story. An intro chapter should be up soon, and the story will be updated regularly once this story's over (though I have no idea when this story is going to be ending!)