We'll Still Have Each Other

The One Where Mason Moves On

Anya hadn't seen Harper since she and Mason had broken up, something that Anya wasn’t happy about. The two girls had talked on the phone and were constantly texting each other, but not seeing each other was starting to get to both girls, especially Anya who was now the only girl amongst all the guys.

Scotty had noticed that Anya was missing her new friend and had suggested that she go visit Harper at her apartment, a place that Scotty was sure hadn't had a person actually living in it in nearly a year, as when Harper had been dating Mason, she had spent most of her time at the house. So, Anya was now on her way over to Harper's, trying to follow the directions that Scotty had scribbled down, which weren't seeming to be too much help.

After driving around in what felt like circles, Anya finally arrived at the address. She looked up at the apartment complex, noticing that it didn't look like the nicest place in the world, but maybe looks were deceiving. She walked up the stairs to the third floor and finally found the right apartment.

She knocked on the door and waited for Harper to answer. After what felt like an eternity, she finally heard steps coming towards the door and she found herself face-to-face with Harper, who just looked sad and sullen, wearing sweatpants and a tank top with her hair a mess on top of her head. "Anya, what are you doing here?" Harper asked, legitimately shocked to see her friend there.

"I came to see you," Anya said, not waiting for Harper to invite her in, but stepped inside anyways, shocked at what she found inside. Harper's apartment was a complete mess, something that Anya had come to know was very unlike Harper, who always liked to keep things clean.

"Sorry, things are a little messy," Harper mumbled after seeing Anya's expression.

"Harper," Anya said quietly, turning to look at her. "What's going on? You've got to talk to me. I know you said that you were getting over breaking up with Mason, but come on, look around! This does not look like you're getting over it. This looks like you're still upset about it."

"Of course I'm upset about it!" Harper cried, causing Anya to jump at her loudness. "Sorry," Harper quickly apologized. "Of course I'm upset about it," she repeated, quieter this time. "Anya, I was with Mase for forever. I loved him…I still love him. I can't just stop automatically and feel fine about everything," she explained, trying to find a path through the maze of stuff that was all over her floor.

As Anya followed her, she wondered if Harper had cleaned up after herself at all since the breakup, and as she continued to make her way through her apartment, she was pretty sure she hadn't. "Harper, I know you don't want to hear this right now, but you're the one that broke up with Mason. Not the other way around. But, if you don't like that, and you want to get back together, why don't you go to him and tell him that?"

"It's not that simple, Anya. It's not all rainbows and butterflies, you know?" Harper said rather harshly.

"You're trying to tell me it's not all rainbows and butterflies?" Anya asked in disbelief. "In case you forgot, Harper, I caused a huge riff in the house because I'm dating Scotty. My brother barely talks to me. Danny doesn't talk to Scotty at all anymore. Don't tell me it's not all rainbows and butterflies. I'm well aware of that."

"I'm sorry," Harper apologized. "I know that you've got it worse than I do right now."

"That's not true," Anya shook her head. "We've both got it bad right now. Just tell me one thing, do you want to get back together with Mason?"

Harper kept quiet for a moment, really thinking about the question. "I can't live without him. I mean, look around. I'm a complete mess right now. It's like I'm lost, and I don't know what to do without him. And I know that sounds completely ridiculous, because I shouldn't rely on one guy that much, but that's how much Mase means to me. And, these last couple weeks have been hell for me," she replied honestly.

"Then you've got to get him back," Anya said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"And how do I go about doing that?" Harper asked, raising an eyebrow at her friend.

"Well, first of all, you go take a shower and change. Then, you come back to the house with me and you talk to Mase and you tell him exactly what you just told me," she said with a small smile.

Harper didn't move or say anything for a moment, and Anya wondered what she was doing. "Fine," she said almost reluctantly. "What can it hurt?" she asked, shrugging her shoulders, before climbing over some clothes that were left in the hallway as she made her way back to the bathroom.

While Harper was taking a shower, Anya tried to find a place to sit, eventually resorting to throwing a whole bunch of magazines out of the chair and onto the coffee table as she pulled her cell phone out, texting Scotty. Keep Mase at the house. I think I can fix all of this.

Scotty didn't reply for a while so she threw her phone back in her purse, hoping that he would get the text message and keep Mason at the house. Before she knew it, Harper had come out of the bathroom in a t-shirt and jeans, looking like her old self.

They went back to the house, and Anya walked in first, seeing Kevin and Jack sitting in the living room. "Hey guys," she said, smiling at them. "Where's Mase?" she asked.

"In the kitchen," Kevin answered immediately. "Why?" he asked, not looking away from the tv.

Anya didn't answer him, but instead, turned around to see Harper was still standing outside, obviously contemplating whether she should really be doing this or not. Anya walked back outside, pulling on Harper's arm. "Come on! You know you've got to do this!"

"I don't think so," Harper shook her head. "I think this is a bad idea."

"No, you love him and you want him back. Let's go," Anya said, not taking no for an answer and literally pulling Harper inside. She continued to drag her through the living room towards the kitchen, not even stopping when she heard Scotty yelling for her as he was running down the stairs towards her.

She walked inside the kitchen and immediately stopped in her tracks, causing Harper to run into her. "What the hell?" Harper asked before she looked up to see what had caused Anya to stop. "Oh my God!" she exclaimed, turning back around and running out of the house.

"What the hell's going on?" they could hear Kevin yell out, followed by, "Harper?"

"Anya!" Scotty yelled as he ran into the kitchen, passing Harper along the way.

"Harper?" Mason questioned finally taking his mouth off of the girl he was making out with and looking towards Anya. "Anya?" he asked.

"What the hell is going on?" Kevin repeated, walking towards the kitchen and stopping right behind Scotty and Anya.

"I don’t know!" Anya and Mason both yelled at the same time, while the girl that had been attached to Mason looked up at him for an explanation.

"You said Harper was here?" Mason asked, looking from Kevin to Anya to Jack, who had made his way to the kitchen as well, confused like everybody else.

Anya didn't answer him, but instead stared down the girl that still had her arm wrapped around Mason's waist but had never been introduced to her. "Who the hell are you?" she asked bluntly.

"Why was Harper here?" Mason questioned.

"I'm Tiffany," the girl introduced herself, narrowing her eyes at Anya. "Who are you? And who the hell is this Harper chick?"

Everyone appeared to ignore Tiffany as they continued their conversation, not answering her questions. "Someone tell me what the hell is going on!" Kevin demanded.

"Harper was here to try to fix things with Mase, but obviously that was a stupid idea," Anya said, turning towards Mason and giving him a disgusted look. "You've been broken up for what, a week or two? And you're already lowering your standards so much that you're hooking up with her?" Anya asked, glancing at Tiffany. "I thought you were smarter than that."

"Hey!" Tiffany exclaimed, offended at what Anya had said.

Mason stared at Anya. "Harper broke up with me. Not the other way around, okay? So don't make me out to be the bad guy because I'm trying to move on with my life," he told her, grabbing Tiffany's hand. "Let's get the hell out of here," he said, guiding her out of the house, slamming the door behind them.

"Wait a second," Jack said, trying to get caught up on everything that had just been explained. "Harper wanted to get back together with Mase?" he asked.

"Yeah, she did. But I'm pretty sure after walking in on him making out with that bitch, she's forgetting all about that," Anya replied, pushing through Jack and Kevin so she could get out of the kitchen. She climbed the stairs to her room, shutting the door behind her, only to have it be reopened a few moments later. "What do you want?" she asked, not turning around to see who had even entered the room.

"Why'd you bring her back here?" she heard Scotty ask.

Anya spun around to look at him. "What do you mean why did I bring her back here?" she asked. "Because she's miserable and she wanted to be back with him, so I thought that if he saw her and heard what she had to say that everything would be fixed!"

"I told you not to bring her back!" Scotty said. "I said that Mason was here with Tiffany."

"What?" Anya asked, confused.

"I texted you!"

"I didn't get a text," Anya said, pulling out her phone to see that Scotty had indeed texted her, but she hadn't read it. She opened it, seeing that he had texted her just what he said he had. "Fuck," Anya mumbled.

"I don't think Tiffany means anything to him, though," Scotty said, and Anya just stared at him. "He and Tiffany always hook up when Mase is single, which hasn't been for a long, long time. They've known each other since they were kids. That's just their thing. When Mase is single, he goes to her and they hook up for a while. I really don't think it means anything more than sex. Harper was more to him."

"Yeah, and that's long gone now. She's not coming back," Anya mumbled.

"What are you talking about?" Scotty asked.

"She's not coming back," Anya repeated, but Scotty still looked doubtful. "Come on, Scotty! If you and I broke up, and you came back to try to get back together with me, and you saw me making out with some guy, would you really want to try again?"

Scotty thought about it for a while before shaking his head. "No, I guess not."

"She's not coming back."

"You can't worry about that, Anya. That's their problem to deal with," Scotty said, not liking the look he was receiving from Anya right then. "I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's the truth. You've got other problems in your life right now, and you can't worry about theirs too."

"I can't help it," she told him. "I know I need to figure out this Danny shit first, and I will, but I'm still going to worry about those two."

"Maybe I can get your mind off of everything," Scotty said, taking a step towards her and beginning to kiss her neck.

"You really think you're going to get some action right now?" Anya questioned.

Scotty lifted his head long enough to smirk at her. "I don't see you pushing me away right now," he said before reattaching his lips, knowing he was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a miracle that I updated, I know!
4 months hiatus from this story, but I'm back now.
If anyone's still reading this story, I'd love to hear from you =)