We'll Still Have Each Other

The One Where All Is Forgiven

Anya climbed out of bed, throwing a shirt and some sweatpants on, glancing one last time at a sleeping Scotty still in her bed before she walked out into the hallway, running straight into Danny. "Hey," she said with a small smile, not really knowing how to greet her brother, who she was sure could tell that she had just slept with Scotty.

"Hey," he replied with a nod of his head before walking down the stairs.

"Wait, Danny," Anya called out, trying to catch up to him. He stopped at the bottom of the stairs and turned around to wait on her, an expectant look on his face, waiting on her to continue. "I'm sorry," she apologized.

"For what?" Danny asked slowly.

"I don't know," she said with a small laugh. "I just want this stupid fight to be over. I've already fucked up enough lives. Can we please just go back to normal, where you're the annoying older brother, and I'm the little sister that complains about her brother being overbearing, but secretly I love it."

"What about you and Scotty?" Danny questioned.

Anya sighed, knowing she wasn't going to be able to avoid that topic. "I'm not breaking up with him, Danny. I like him, and he makes me happy. Look, can't we just not talk about that and we can go back to normal? And you can go back to normal with Scotty? This is just too ridiculous. You can't not talk to him because he's dating me. You have to know how stupid that is."

Danny shook his head. "I don't like that you're dating him," he began, and Anya started to stay something but stopped when she realized Danny wasn't finished yet. "Even if he is one of my best friends," he continued. "It's just weird, Anya, you and him dating. I mean, I don't like thinking about you fucking anyone, but especially one of my best friends. It's just weird. Scotty and I used to talk about the girls we banged, and now you're one of them, and that's weird," he explained.

"So, can't Scotty just not talk about that and you two go back to normal?" Anya asked, realizing just how simple that sounded.

"I don't like that the house is fucked up because of this."

"See?" Anya said, hoping that she was slowly wearing Danny down on the matter. "I'm not saying you have to like me and Scotty dating, but I'm asking that you just accept it and move on with it so everything can go back to semi-normal. Please Danny, I'm begging you right now, please just do this for me!"

Danny eyed his little sister, knowing that he needed to just follow her advice and make everything go back to normal. He was the reason that there were so many problems around the house, and he knew he was the only one that could fix them. "Fine, I'll accept that you're dating Scotty," he said, and Anya began celebrating before Danny cut her off by continuing. "But, I'm asking that you keep the PDA to a minimum. I don't need to see you making out or anything like that. And, I swear to God if I walk in on the two of you having sex, I will kill both of you right then and there."

Anya smiled at her big brother. "I promise to lock the door before Scotty and I go at it," she joked, and Danny rolled her eyes at her.

"I didn't need to hear that," he groaned.

"So, are you okay with me and Scotty dating?" Anya asked slowly, a little scared for the answer. She hadn't had Danny's approval this whole time, and she and Scotty had been perfectly fine, but she knew that things would run much more smoothly if she did have Danny's okay in the matter.

"I'm not saying that I'm totally in love with the idea still, but if you want to date him, go ahead."

"Thank you," Anya smiled at him, wrapping her arms around his waist in a big bear hug.

"What is this all about? Some brother sister bonding time?" they heard Kevin's voice call out, and Anya let go of Danny to turn around and see Kevin and Keir standing there.

"Is this what I think it is? Did you two make up?" Keir asked, looking back and forth between the siblings.

Anya nodded her head. "So does that mean that shit can finally get back to normal around here?" Kevin asked hopefully, and this time it was Danny's turn to nod his head. "Well then let's start with you and Scotty making up and then we can stop this stupid split in the house."

"I told you guys to stop taking sides," Danny reminded him.

"Yeah, and did you think we actually did that?" Kevin laughed. "But, once everyone sees you two have made up, it should finally go back to normal."

"Where's he at?" Danny asked Anya.

Anya tried to think back to where she had last seen Scotty, and she winced when she recalled where he was. "He's uhh…" she trailed off, knowing Danny wasn't going to be happy when she finished the sentence.

"He's where?" Danny inquired.

"He's uhh…" she repeated, but she could see that Danny was getting frustrated with her not answering him. "He's in my room," she mumbled, leading Kevin to try to stifle his laughter, waiting for Danny to comprehend what she had just said.

"Aw fuck, Anya," Danny groaned.

"I'm sorry," Anya apologized.

"Just fucking go get him," Danny said, shaking his head, and Anya nodded her head, walking back up the stairs.

She got to her room, and opened the door, seeing Scotty still laying in bed, the sheet covering his lower half, but leaving his chest exposed. She studied him for a minute, watching his chest rise and fall from his breathing. He looked so cute lying there, so innocent. She almost didn't want to wake him up, but she knew she had to.

She slid into bed next to him, wrapping her arm around him, putting her mouth right next to his ear. "Scotty," she whispered, rubbing his back a little. "Scotty," she repeated as he began to stir.

He turned over to face her, a smirk appearing on his face. "I like this wake up call," he told her, leaning in to kiss her.

"Not right now," Anya said, pushing him away slightly. "I talked to Danny," she told him.

Scotty stopped where he was and slowly sat up. "You talked to him?" he asked, and Anya nodded her head. "Is it good or bad news?"

Anya kept her poker face on for a moment, and she watched Scotty squirm uncomfortably, assuming the worst. She let a smile slowly creep across her face before saying, "He finally agreed that he'd be okay with us. He's downstairs right now wanting to talk to you. So can you please put some pants on and go fix everything with him right now?" she asked him, giving him a quick kiss before getting out of bed, waiting for him to do the same.

Five minutes later, Scotty was climbing down the stairs to find Danny in the kitchen with Kevin and Keir. "Hey man, Anya said you wanted to talk to me?" he asked Danny as he sat down at the table across from him.

"Yeah, first of all, can you please not fuck my sister in a room that's across the hall from me. That's kind of disgusting, dude," Danny began, and with that one statement, Scotty knew that everything was going to go back to normal, or at least as normal as it could be with him dating Danny's sister.

"It's either that or the room next to yours," Scotty pointed out, reminding Danny that his room was right next to Scotty's. "And, I think that'd be a little bit worse, a little bit louder."

"Just stop!" Danny groaned, putting his hands over his ears to try to stop listening to Scotty.

"So, are we cool again?" Scotty asked as Danny slowly peeled his hands off of his ears.

"Of course. We're frends, and nothing's ever going to change that. Even you dating my sister. I'm sorry that I've been…" he began before Scotty cut him off.

"No apology needed," Scotty said, shaking his head. "I get it, man. I'm just glad that we're back to normal."

"Wait, wait, wait," Anya yelled out, coming into the kitchen as Scotty and Danny were giving each other a man-hug. "That's it?" she questioned. "You've been fighting for how long and now you just stop?"

"I thought that that's what you wanted!" Danny cried out.

"Yes, this is what I wanted! But, how can you go from hating each other to being fine like this?"

"Because we never really hated each other," Scotty replied. "We were just pissed."

"And besides, we're not a bunch of girls. We get over things pretty easily without all the drama bullshit," Danny added.

"You guys are crazy," Anya laughed, rolling her eyes at the two of them.

"Just be glad you got your way," Scotty smirked as he stood up and kissed Anya's temple, putting his arm around her.

"Please, no more than this before I hurl," Danny called out.

Anya laughed a little. "Sorry," she apologized.

"Whatever, I'm gonna get out of here anyways," Danny said, scooting his chair back and starting to walk out of the kitchen.

"Hey, Danny," Anya called after him, and he stopped in the doorway, turning around to see what she wanted. "Thanks," she smiled at him.

Danny nodded his head before turning to look at Scotty. "Lago, if you knock her up, I will kill you," he said in a serious tone before continuing to walk away.

Anya smiled as she sat in Scotty's lap, looking up at him. "So things are back to normal, huh?" Scotty asked her. "Or as normal as they're gonna get, huh?"

Anya started to answer when Mason walked into the kitchen, hand-in-hand with Tiffany. "Not everything," she said, staring at the two of them, who didn't even acknowledge that she or Scotty was in the room. Anya promptly got off of Scotty's lap and walked into the living room, with Scotty following her. "She's a bitch," Anya stated.

"You don't even know her," Scotty laughed.

"I still know she's a bitch," Anya told him seriously. "And I know that Mason could do much better than her."

"You mean you think he should be with Harper again," Scotty replied.

"Yes, I do," Anya confirmed. "And, I'm going to make sure it happens."

"Anya, you can't worry about them. I've told you that before. What happened between Mase and Harper is their problem, and only their problem. You can't interfere."

"Watch me," Anya said, almost challengingly, concocting a plan in her head.