We'll Still Have Each Other

The One Where Scotty Gets Caught Staring

Scotty couldn't help but stare at Anya as she was shown around the house. He hadn't thought she was going to be some hideous woman, but he never expected who showed up at the front door. He noticed immediately how fit she was, as he got a good look at her body as he followed her up the stairs, staring at her ass. She had long, dark brown hair like Danny, but unlike his, hers was perfectly straight. And, her style was definitely edgy, just as Danny had said it was going to be.

"Thanks for letting me stay here, Danny," she smiled as he opened the door to what would now be considered her room. She set her luggage down in the corner before turning back around. "I think I'm just going to unpack really quick, and I'll see you guys later?" she said, it coming out more as a question than a statement.

"Sure," Danny told her with a nod of his head. "Make yourself at home. If you need anything, I'm sure you'll be able to find one of us around here somewhere," he added before heading back down the stairs, followed by the others, who decided to leave Anya alone to unpack.

"So?" Danny asked when he got downstairs. "What do you think of her?" he questioned, looking around at everyone.

Mason was the first to answer. "She's hot," he stated.

"Why the hell am I with you?" Harper asked jokingly.

"Cause you love me," he smirked, putting his arm around her shoulders and pulling her into his body.

"Anyone else?" Danny asked.

"I agree with Mase," Scotty shrugged, and Luke and Jack nodded their heads in agreement.

"You guys are hopeless," Harper laughed as Danny glared at them for their answer. "Danny, I think she's great," she answered him.

"You just like her because she's a girl," Luke chimed in.

"Same goes for you," Harper responded with a raised eyebrow, causing Luke to quiet down but the other guys to laugh at him.

"Why is she always here?" Luke whined as Harper shook her head at him.

"C'mon boys, feel like heading out for a few runs?" Kevin asked, and all the guys nodded their heads except for Danny. "Dude, why not?" Kevin asked Danny.

"I don't want to leave Anya here by herself," he answered.

"So invite her along," Kevin said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Danny ran up the stairs, calling out along his way, "Hey Anya, you wanna head out with us? We're gonna hit the slopes for a bit." He stopped right outside her door, seeing her sorting through her luggage.

"Nah," she said, shaking her head. "I'll just stay here. I want to get everything unpacked. But I'll definitely head out with you guys soon. I've got to get those pictures anyways," she told him.

"I can stay with you," Danny began.

"Danny, you do not need to stay with your little sister," she laughed at him. He'd always been protective of her, always scaring off any guy that tried to date her when they were growing up together. "I'm twenty years old, not five. I can stay here by myself no problem," she smiled at him.

"Okay," Danny said, figuring it would be best to not argue with her. "Call me if you need anything," he told her.

"Will do," she said, going back to unpacking her things.

Danny ran back down the stairs. "She said she's fine staying here by herself," he told the group, though it was evident in his voice that he didn't really like that idea.

"I can stay here with her, keep her company," Harper suggested.

"You don't want to come watch me and my mad skills?" Mason asked her, a pout on his face, causing Harper to laugh at him.

"Look, it's like she's moving in!" Jack exclaimed, pointing at Harper. "None of us are going to be here, and she's still staying," he told her jokingly. All of the guys gave Harper a hard time about her being over at the house all the time, but in reality they wouldn’t have it any other way. They all got along with her, and they always joked that if she and Mason ever broke up, they'd take her side over his, kicking him out of the house so she could stay.

"Well, I was going to have dinner ready when you guys got back. But, you know what, Jack, you can make your own dinner," she told him.

"Come on, guys," Mason said, giving Harper a quick kiss before they all headed towards the door, grabbing their snowboards along the way.

"Shit," Scotty said, stopping just inside the door. Everyone looked at him curiously, and he told them, "Left my hat upstairs. I'm gonna grab it, and then I'll meet you guys out there." The guys nodded their heads as he ran up the stairs, taking them two at a time. He quickly grabbed his hat and was walking back towards the stairs when he glanced in one of the extra rooms, which was now being occupied by Anya, who was bending over her suitcase, which was lying in the middle of the room, giving Scotty the perfect view of Anya's backside.

"Stop staring at my ass," Anya said, slowly standing up and turning to see who was at the doorway. "Lago," she added with a smirk.

"You know my name?" Scotty said with a smirk of his own as he leaned against the doorframe.

"Of course I do," Anya told him, walking over towards him. "I work for a winter sports magazine. If I didn't know you, I think they'd fire me. Besides, you're one of my brother's best friends. Which is exactly why you shouldn't be staring at my ass. How does it look, by the way? I mean, you got a good view of it," she smirked.

"It looked damn fine," Scotty replied.

"Must be all the yoga," she said with a shrug.

"You do yoga?"

"Yeah, it's good for sex. You can twist into positions you never thought possible," she said with a straight face. She saw Scotty's eyes haze over a bit, and a small smile formed on her face. "You better get going," she said, putting a hand on his chest. "The guys will be wondering where you're at," she added.

"Y-yeah," he stuttered, turning around and walking down the stairs, while Anya continued sorting through her clothing.

A little while later, Anya made her way down the stairs, and she heard noises coming from the kitchen. "I thought everyone went snowboarding," she said, walking through the entryway to see Harper standing at the stove, cooking. "Oh, hi," Anya smiled at her.

"Yeah, all the guys went out. I stayed back to cook dinner," Harper told her.

"Oh, do you live here, too?" Anya asked, looking over Harper's shoulder to see spaghetti in one of the pots on the stove.

Harper shook her head. "No. I'm dating Mason. I'm over here a lot, though," she added with a small laugh.

"That's cool," Anya told her. "I couldn't imagine being the only girl surrounded by all the guys, though."

"They're a great group of guys," Harper said, stirring the pasta. "But, sometimes I just wish there were more girls around here that I can talk to."

"Gotcha," Anya nodded her head. "So, tell me about the guys. Who's single?" she smirked. "Obviously Mason's off limits."

"Yeah," Harper laughed. "Mase is off limits. But, really, all the guys are," she said, and Anya gave her a curious look. "Danny warned the guys to stay away from you," she informed her.

Anya groaned. "Damn Danny," she rolled her eyes. "He thinks he needs to protect me, but I'm grown up, and I can choose to date whoever the hell I want to," she muttered. "And, Danny will learn that one way or another. So, back to the guys, which ones are legit single? Tell me about them. I mean, all I get is Danny's opinions of everyone, and that's just not the same as a girl's point of view."

"I get it," Harper smiled, turning around from the stove. "Well, let's see here…Mase is the perverted one. I love him, but he's childish most of the time," she said with a laugh. "Jack and Luke, they're both great guys. Luke's going to be a phenom one day. He's already amazing, and he's the youngest of the group. You're always going to see Jack with a video camera."

"What about Lago?" Anya inquired.

A knowing smile spread across Harper's face. "You got a thing for Scotty?" she asked.

"I'm not going to lie, he's pretty fine. He came into my room earlier and was blatantly staring at my ass," she recalled.

"That sounds like Scotty," Harper laughed. "Scotty's great, he's hilarious. But, I'm telling you, you're not going to be able to hook up with him."

"He's not into hookups?" Anya asked.

"Oh, he's into hookups. Just not with Danny's little sister. Like I said, Danny warned them all. They're not to touch you, and while I know Scotty would love to have his way with you, he's not going to ignore Danny," Harper explained.

"Damn Danny," Anya muttered for the second time that night. "I swear, he wants to make my life a living hell."

"Nah, he just wants to protect his little sister," Harper told her.

"Same thing," she replied as she heard the front door open and yells coming from everyone. "What the hell?" Anya asked, turning her head towards the door.

"They're always like that," Harper told her. "You'll get used to that quickly. Hey guys," she said, looking at the group of guys that were traipsing into the kitchen, getting snow everywhere. "How was it outside?"

"Great," Kevin answered. "And, you made spaghetti?" he asked excitedly, grabbing a plate and helping himself to the food.

"Yeah," Harper said as the rest of the guys pushed her out of the way to get to the food. "And, you'll also learn that nothing gets between the boys and their food," she said to Anya who was watching the men that now resembled cavemen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this story is my main focus right now, so expect updates to come frequently (like every day, or every other day).
And, check out the Characters tab. I just updated it all.
Remember, comments = love.