We'll Still Have Each Other

The One Where Scotty and Anya Kiss

After dinner, everyone seemed to disperse all throughout the house, while Danny and Anya headed to the living room. Danny threw himself on the couch, lying down, with one leg over the armrest and the other hanging off the edge of the couch, as Anya sat down in one of the chairs next to the couch.

Danny twisted his head around to look at Anya. "So, what do you think so far?" he asked her.

"Your friends seem great," Anya answered. "And, Harper's pretty cool. I can see us becoming pretty good friends while I'm here."

"Good," Danny nodded his head, grabbing the remote control off the side table, turning it on. He hated sitting around in silence, and he turned it to a random channel, not really caring what was on tv, but just wanting some background noise.

"I think I'm gonna head out tomorrow and get some shots," Anya told him. "I mean, I did come here for pictures. I might as well do my job," she said with a small laugh.

"Let me know if you want some company," Danny mumbled, his attention occupied by some show on Showtime that was filled with naked girls.

Anya rolled her eyes at her brother as she stood up. "Night, Danny," she told him, walking towards the stairs, though she was fairly confident he hadn't heard her. She laughed to herself thinking how little Danny had changed since he had left home a few years ago, and she wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

She walked up the stairs, trying to remember which room was hers. There were so many bedrooms upstairs, and she couldn't remember if hers was the first one on the left or the right. Or was it the second one on the right? She turned to what she hoped was her room and peered inside, only to see Scotty inside, pulling his t-shirt up over his head.

Instead of continuing to walk to find her room, Anya found herself frozen to the floor, her brain turning to complete mush as she stared at his clearly defined abs. "So, I can't stare at your ass, but you can stare at my abs?" she heard Scotty's voice, pulling her out of her daydreaming. She moved her eyes from his stomach to his face, and she saw a smirk. "How do they look, by the way? I mean, you got a good look at 'em," he continued, using her own words against her.

Anya raised an eyebrow at him, figuring two could play his game. "They look damn fine," she replied.

"Must be all the boxing," he muttered.

Anya looked at him, narrowing her eyes at him. "You box?" she questioned.

Scotty laughed a little. "Yeah, I box to workout sometimes. Why? You don't think I'd be good at boxing?" he asked, giving a little one-two uppercut in the air.

"No, that's not it," Anya said, shaking her head. "It's just, I box, too," she informed him.

Scotty stared at her for a minute, trying to figure out if she was being serious or not. "You do yoga and you box?" he questioned, and she nodded her head. "Damn, you’re my dream girl. Marry me?" he asked jokingly.

"And, what would my brother think of that?" Anya laughed.

"Fuck Danny," Scotty mumbled, taking a step towards her. He wasn't planning on actually making a move on her. He knew that it was possible that at any moment, Danny could walk up the stairs and catch him and Anya. He just liked to see how she reacted towards him. She wasn't like most girls. She hadn't backed down when he joked and challenged her. And, he didn't know why he thought she was going to back down right now.

"I agree," she said in a quiet voice, and Scotty tilted his head to the side, wondering what she was agreeing with him about. "Fuck Danny," she muttered before grabbing Scotty by the back of the neck with one of her hands, pulling his head down to hers, their lips connecting.

It didn't take long for Scotty's tongue to push into Anya's mouth, and she was soon placing her other hand on his stomach, feeling every muscle of his abdomen. They soon heard someone coming up the stairs, and Scotty pulled away quickly, both he and Anya out of breath.

"Anya, what are you doing in here?" Danny asked, furrowing his eyes together as he stood in Scotty's doorway. Scotty closed his eyes, wondering how they were going to get out of this situation.

"I was trying to remember which room was mine, and I stumbled into Scotty's by accident," she began telling Danny the truth. "He was changing clothes, and I saw how fit he was, so I decided to ask him how he kept in shape," Anya shrugged as Scotty shook his head at her fake reason, unable to believe that that was the explanation she was giving Danny.

"Oh," Danny mumbled. "Well, goodnight," he said, walking down the hallway without another word.

"That was the first lie that came to mind to tell your brother to avoid telling him that we were making out?" Scotty questioned as soon as he was sure that Danny was far out of earshot and couldn't hear anything they were saying.

"What did you want me to say?" Anya asked, crossing her arms over her chest. "That we were just chatting about my plane ride here? Please, Danny wouldn't have bought that shit. Me asking about your workout routine after seeing your body sounds like something I'd do," she shrugged her shoulders. "Besides, that was partly true," she added. "And it worked. Now, where were we?" she asked, sliding up to him once again.

"We can't do this," Scotty said reluctantly as Anya rubbed her hands all over him.

"Why not?" Anya asked, tilting her head to one side and glancing up at him. "You scared of my brother?" she asked with a smirk.

"No," Scotty rolled his eyes, shocked she would even suggest such a thing. "But, he is one of my best friends," he continued, grabbing Anya's hands and pulling them away from his body. "And, he asked all of us not to touch you. And, I'm going to try to keep my word," he told her. "Even if that is going to be hard as hell," he added, his eyes roaming her body.

"Well, you have fun being a good friend," Anya said, spinning around.

"What, no trying to talk me out of it?" Scotty called after her.

"Nah," she shook her head, not saying anything else as she walked off to find her room, leaving Scotty standing there, more than a little confused by her behavior. She had been so seductive not even two minutes ago, and now she was just walking off without a fight. That was one girl that Scotty was never going to understand.

•••

Scotty didn't know what was wrong with him. He should have been happy that Anya was okay with nothing happening between the two of them because of Danny, but for some reason, the fact that she wasn't fighting him on the matter, only made him want her more.

His mind had been on her all night, and he had even had trouble trying to get to sleep, as all he could think about was the fact that she was lying in bed in the room right next door to him, and he kept wondering what exactly she was wearing. He finally dozed off a while later, only to toss and turn in his sleep, not being able to stay asleep for long periods of time.

He finally got out of bed the next day, just wanting to get his mind off of everything. He got dressed, grabbing his snowboard, deciding to go out on his own and get away from everyone. He saw Luke sitting on the couch downstairs, and he told him he was going out to ride for a little bit as he threw his coat on and walked out the door.

He had just completed his fourth run when he saw someone standing off to the side out of the corner of his eye. He turned in that direction and saw the person holding a camera. Assuming it was a fan, he set his snowboard down and walked over towards them, calling out jokingly, "Hey man, get any good shots?"

The person dropped their camera to their side. "Yeah, I'm sure there's a few good ones in there," he heard a familiar voice say, and the person took the beanie off of their head, revealing long, dark brown hair that flowed down her back. "You know, you're a pretty good snowboarder," Anya smiled at him.

"Are you surprised by that?" Scotty asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Not at all," Anya shook her head. "Danny always says that the Frends crew is the best group of snowboarders out there. it's good to know that he hasn't been lying," she said with a small laugh.

"So, what are you doing out here?" Scotty asked, grabbing a hold of her camera. "Shooting some pictures? Can I see them?" he asked, not waiting for an answer as he turned the screen to the digital camera on and began flipping through the pictures. "Stalking me much?" he asked with a laugh when he saw that she had been filming all of his runs today.

"Shut up," Anya said, shoving him just a bit. "You're the only snowboarder out here," she pointed out. "You're the only one I could take pictures of."

"Oh, so you're settling with me?" Scotty questioned.

"Not at all," she smiled as he continued going through the pictures.

"Oooh, what are these?" he asked, stopping on a picture of Anya dancing at what appeared to be some club or party.

"Okay, you don't need to look at those," Anya said, trying to grab the camera away from him.

"Of course I do!" Scotty said, keeping the camera just out of Anya's reach, as he continued going through the pictures, seeing more of Anya, surrounded by a bunch of people. "Who are these guys anyways?" he asked her, as she continued reaching for the camera. "Where are you in these pics?" he continued, but Anya didn't reply.

After he had finally gotten through all the pictures of Anya, he gave the camera back to her. "Thank you!" Anya said through gritted teeth, shutting the camera off.

"So, you're a party girl, huh?" Scotty asked, wiggling his eyebrows at her.

"So what if I am?" she asked him. "I guess that just means I'll fit in just fine with you guys, right?"

Scotty laughed. "Yeah, it does. By the way, we're having a party tomorrow night. I guess I'll get to see that wild side of you, huh?" he asked.

"You just might," Anya smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much for the comments.
They really mean the world to me.
So, keep 'em coming!
And, let me know what you think is going to happen in the upcoming chapters!