We'll Still Have Each Other

The One Where Scotty and Anya Are Caught In Bed

"What the fuck is this?" Anya heard someone scream, and she quickly opened her eyes, having just been having a wonderful dream. It took her a moment to figure out where exactly she was and who was lying next to her with their arms wrapped around her. "What the fuck is this?" she heard the person repeat, and she heard Scotty grumble as he sat up in bed next to her.

Anya followed suit, seeing her brother hovering over her and Scotty, a menacing look in his eyes, and Anya knew she was in big trouble. She glanced over at Scotty who had a deer in the headlights sort of look on his face right now, and she knew it was all up to her to explain to Danny what exactly was going on.

"Chill, Danny," she said, looking up at him.

"You want me to chill?" Danny questioned. "You're in bed with Scotty right now!" he screamed.

"Can I explain?" Anya asked calmly.

"Go for it," Danny said through gritted teeth, staring down Scotty, looking as if he was about to kill him at any moment.

Anya opened her mouth to begin when she saw Luke and Kevin enter the room, and she quickly buried her face in her hands, wondering just how many more people needed to come into the room right now.

"We heard yelling," Luke explained.

"And, now we know why," Kevin said, trying to keep the proud smile off his face as he looked at Scotty.

"Explain," Danny ordered Anya, ignoring the two guys who had just entered the room.

Anya took a deep breath before beginning. "I had a little too much to drink last night. You know how I get, Danny," she said, looking up at her brother. "I was stumbling up the stairs, trying to remember which room was mine, and I ended up coming into Scotty's room. He found me in here, and instead of trying to get me back to my room, he just let me stay in here for the night," Anya told him, the lie coming out extremely easily, causing Scotty to give her a sideways glance, before looking up at Danny, wondering if he was going to buy it.

"You do get completely trashed sometimes," Danny nodded his head.

"See, don't jump to conclusions," Anya told him.

"One question," Danny said, and Anya sighed, realizing she wasn't off the hook just yet. "Why the fuck is Scotty in the bed with you?"

Scotty quickly looked over at Anya, hoping she could figure this one out, too, and fortunately for him, Anya was quick to answer. "I probably asked him to stay," Anya shrugged. "I never like being alone with I'm drunk," she said, looking over at Scotty, giving him a look that said to go with whatever she was saying.

"Yeah," Scotty nodded his head. "She asked me to stay, so I did. Nothing happened, Danny, I promise," he told him, getting out of bed and putting a hand on Danny's shoulder.

Danny eyed him for a few moments before finally nodding his head. "Good," he told him. "That's what I want to hear. And, thanks for looking after her," he added.

"No problem," Scotty told him as Danny began walking out of his room.

"Aw man!" Luke whined, causing everyone to look at him. "I wanted to see a fight!"

"Shut up," Kevin said, shoving Luke out the door, shutting it behind him.

Scotty glanced over at Anya who was still in the bed, having not gotten out of it since she was only in her bra and underwear from the previous night. "You lie too well for your own good," he told her.

Anya smiled at him. "Thank you!"

"That wasn't a compliment," he told her, picking up her clothes off of the floor and handing them to her.

"What did you want me to do?" Anya asked him, still sitting on the bed, not making any attempt to get dressed. "Tell Danny the truth so that he could kill you?"

"No," Scotty shook his head.

"Good," Anya smiled, getting up out of the bed, standing just a few centimeters away from Scotty. "Because I'd miss you if Danny killed you," she joked, leaning in and kissing him. Scotty kissed her back roughly before finally coming to his senses and pulling away from her. Anya looked at him questioningly, and he shook his head.

"What the hell are we doing?" he asked her.

"Um, I thought we were making out. Until you stopped," Anya replied.

"Your brother just caught us in bed, and now you want to make out?" Scotty questioned.

"Well, I'd go further if I thought you were for it, but for some reason you want to act like the chick in this relationship," she said with a laugh.

"Relationship?" Scotty asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You know you like me," Anya smirked. 'You can't deny that."

"No, I can't," Scotty sighed. "But, I also can't deny the fact that I promised Danny I wouldn't touch you," he reminded her.

"Scotty, in case you forgot, you've done a lot more than touch me. And, Danny'll get over it, I promise!"

"Let's just tone it down," Scotty told her. "At least for right now."

"Fine," Anya shook her head, wondering why Scotty was acting like this. From everything she'd heard about Scotty, he normally wasn't like this. He usually was all for hooking up. Did he really care about his friendship with Danny this much? "I better get out of here and get dressed then," she said, grabbing her clothes and putting them on.

She started to move towards the door when she felt Scotty grab her upper arm and spin her around. "Anya, I'm sorry," he apologized.

Anya smiled at him. "Don't worry about it," she assured him. "I know you'll come around eventually. You won't be able to resist me for too much longer," she winked at him as she opened the door to his room and headed out into the hallway.

Scotty threw himself backwards onto his bed. "She's going to be the death of me," he mumbled to himself, rubbing his hands over his face.

•••

Anya sat in the living room, her feet propped up on the table in the middle of the room, with her laptop in her lap. She was sifting through pictures she had taken of Scotty when she had gone out the other day and he had been snowboarding.

"So, you and Scotty sleeping together already?" she heard Harper say before she plopped down on the couch next to Anya.

Anya turned her attention away from the computer and over towards Harper. "How the hell did you hear about that?" she questioned.

"Mase," Harper replied. "I think he said he heard about it from Luke," she shrugged her shoulders. "So, it's true?"

"Kind of," Anya sighed. "I'm sure it's not what you think, though. We were just sleeping in the same bed. We didn't actually sleep together," she said, wanting to tell her the whole truth, but knowing she couldn't risk it.

"But, you wanted to, right?" Harper asked her with a smirk. Anya bit her bottom lip, trying to stop the smile that was forming on her face. "That look right there says it all," Harper laughed. "So, why didn't you sleep with him?"

"Promise me that you won't say anything to anyone?" Anya asked. "Even Mason?"

"I promise," Harper said, holding up her hand as if she were a Girl Scout, causing Anya to laugh at her a little bit. "So spill."

"You were right when you said that Scotty wouldn't betray Danny. He refuses to let things go any further. We kissed a little bit, but that's it. But, I'm determined to get him to cave in."

"You're going to try to seduce Scotty?" Harper asked, laughing. "Sorry, but do you hear what I'm asking? I just can't believe that you actually have to try to convince Scotty Lago to sleep with you! It's just ridiculous," she said between her fits of laughter.

"I'm telling you, it's going to happen," Anya promised.

"Oh, I believe you," Harper replied. "There's no way Scotty's going to be able to keep turning you down for long. Especially with the way you tease him. So, you got any idea as to how you're going to seduce him?"

"Not at all," Anya admitted. "But, I'm sure I'll figure something out. When I'm determined to make something happen, it'll happen."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, Danny is extremely naive in this story.
Anyways, I think you all will like the next chapter.
At least I hope you all like it.
And remember, as always, comments = love.