We'll Still Have Each Other

The One Where Hookups are Discussed

Anya stood in her bra and underwear, looking in her closet, trying to figure out what exactly she should wear on her date with Scotty tonight. She had no idea where he was taking her, but something was telling her it was likely going to be a local diner or something ridiculous like that.

She looked to her left and caught a glimpse of the huge bruise on her stomach from where Scotty had hit her the day before when they had been boxing. It was a nice shade of purple, and if she accidentally hit it, she would nearly keel over in pain.

But, that was the least of her problems at the moment. She didn't know why she was so concerned with what she was going to wear. She was sure Scotty wasn't in his room right now contemplating what he should wear.

She rolled her eyes at herself before finally choosing a tank top and a pair of form-fitting jeans, throwing them on and looking at herself in the mirror, nodding to herself in satisfaction. She grabbed her purse before heading out the door towards the stairs.

She had just reached the stairs when she heard Scotty call her name, and she turned around, seeing him sticking his head out of his bedroom door. "Come here," he instructed her, and she followed him into his room, with him shutting the door behind them.

"Aren't you supposed to take me out on a date before you get me alone in your room?" she questioned jokingly.

"What are you planning on telling Danny?" he asked, ignoring her question.

Anya shrugged as she sat down on his bed. "The truth?" she told him, and Scotty stared at her, wondering if she was just joking or if she really was that stupid. "I'm going to tell him I'm going out on a date. I'm just going to skip the part where I mention that it's with you," she added.

"And, what am I supposed to tell him?"

"Nothing," Anya suggested. "What is he, your mother? Do you have to tell him your whereabouts? C'mon Scotty, aren't you a grown boy? You can date whoever the hell you want, and if you don’t want to tell Danny or any of the others who you're going out with, then don't," she told him simply.

He nodded his head, realizing she was right. "Go," he told her, motioning for her to go out the door, while he followed her. He hoped that they were going to bypass all the guys, but he knew he wasn't that lucky. As if they knew something was going down, all of the guys, including Keir, were down in the living room.

"Bye guys," Anya said calmly walking past them. "I'll see you guys later," she continued as she walked to the door, hoping that if she just kept walking that none of them would question her.

"Wait a minute," Danny called out just as she put her hand on the door. She froze, slowly turning around, feeling as if she had just gotten caught sneaking out by her parents. "Where are you headed?"

"Okay, Dad," Anya said sarcastically. "Seriously, when did you turn into a forty year old man who's concerned about his little girl?" she questioned.

"I'm just asking a question," Danny shrugged while all the other guys laughed at the fact that he was getting told off by his little sister.

"Well, for your information, I'm going out on a date. I met this great guy at the gym today, and he asked me out," she said, not daring to look at Scotty to see his reaction. "Now, can I go before I'm late?" she asked.

"What guy? Do I know him?"

"Danny!" Anya groaned.

"C'mon man, just let her go," Keir stuck up for Anya.

"Thank you," Anya smiled at him. "You know, of all your friends, I like him the best," she told Danny before opening the door and walking out of it.

"Thanks a lot, dude," Danny turned on Keir. "I was this close to figuring out who this guy is that I'm going to beat the shit out of."

"You are not going to beat the shit out of some guy who's dating your sister," Keir told him, always the voice of logic and reason. "Because the time you do that is the time Anya stops talking to you forever." Danny rolled his eyes but let the subject drop anyways.

Scotty thought about trying to slip out of the house while Keir and Danny were having their little conversation, but he decided that would probably backfire on him in the long run, and he went ahead and told the guys he was headed out. "Where are you headed?" Mason inquired. "Got a big date?"

"Something like that," Scotty muttered.

"So, it's a booty call, huh?" Jack laughed. Scotty rolled his eyes at him while raising his hand as a way to say goodbye. "Lucky bastard's going to be getting some action tonight," Jack mumbled as Scotty shut the door behind him.

Scotty saw Anya standing next to his car, inspecting her nails, waiting on him to come outside. She glanced up to see him walking her way, and she smiled at him. "What took you so long?" she asked. "You get interrogated, too, or something?" she asked as he unlocked the doors and she got inside.

"Something like that," Scotty said with a soft laugh.

"So, where are we going to dinner?" Anya asked. "No, wait, let me guess…um Taco Bell?" she asked jokingly.

"Please, I'm much classier than Taco Bell. I'd at least spring for Dairy Queen," he responded, causing Anya to laugh. "Actually, I'm taking you to a local place. It has pretty much anything and everything that you can think of to eat, pizza, burgers, and the best pie in California," he smiled.

"Ooh, big spender, aren't ya?" she asked with a smile, and Scotty turned to look at her. "Don't worry, I like the small, local places. I'm not a fancy restaurant kind of girl," she told him.

"Good to know," Scotty said, driving to the place. They arrived about fifteen minutes later, and he guided her inside. She grabbed a menu off of the table they were sitting in, but Scotty didn't even have to glance at it to know what he was going to order, as he frequented the place so often.

When the waitress came up to take their order, Scotty quickly recited everything he wanted, and Anya stared at him with wide eyes. "What?" he asked her, shrugging his shoulders.

"Nothing," Anya laughed before telling the waitress what she wanted. "So," Anya said as the waitress walked away. "Tell me something about you."

"What do you want to know?" Scotty asked.

"I don't know," Anya began. "Something that I can't just look up on Google."

"I'm pretty sure you can look up just about anything on Google," Scotty replied. "People put all kinds of shit up there, from the shoes I wear to the last girl I hooked up with."

"That's part of the price of fame, isn't it?" Anya asked him. "I mean, you're a famous snowboarder. People want to know every little detail about your life. Now, I agree that they're taking it a little too far when they're putting the names of all your hookups online. I mean, that's got to be a pretty long list," she said, getting off topic. "A really long list, actually."

"Oh, and you're just a saint?" Scotty eyed her, just as the waitress came back with their drinks. "How many guys have you hooked up with?" he asked, figuring if she was going to talk about his hookups, he could talk about hers. When she didn't answer right away, Scotty smirked at her. "What? Too many to count? Too many to remember?"

"You're just jealous you're not one of them," Anya responded.

"You're damn right about that one," Scotty agreed, taking a sip of his pop.

"That's your own fault," Anya reminded him. "You're the one that wants to keep your word to my brother, which is pretty stupid if you ask me. I mean, what right does he have to tell you who you can and can't hook up with?" she questioned, getting louder and angrier with every word.

"You've got a point there," Scotty admitted.

"So, does that mean you're going to give in to me?"

"You never know what's going to happen when we get back to the house," Scotty winked at her.

Anya opened her mouth to respond to him when she saw the front door to the restaurant open and in walked Luke and Jack. "Shit," she muttered, sinking down in her seat.

"What?" Scotty asked, looking around, where he spotted his two friends. "Fuck," he murmured. "They can't see me here. I've got to disappear."

"They can't see me here, either!" Anya exclaimed in a loud whisper. "They think that I'm on a date with someone! And, if you ditch out on me right now, they're going to question me about where my date is!"

"Bathroom," Scotty said.

"What?" Anya looked at him, not understanding what he was talking about.

"Get to the bathroom. It's in the back," he said, pointing behind her. "We can't get out of here because we'd pass them on the way out the door," he explained, seeing that the two brothers had taken a seat at a table right next to the door. "Just follow me," he told her, and she nodded her head, quickly following Scotty as he practically ran for the bathroom door.