Keep the Faith

Miracle

I smile smile smile as I feel myself dream dream dream. I'm drifting I'm sleepy and finally I'm there.

I'm there. I'm here. I'm happy here. Here is this place, this happy place, this place where everything I wish for comes true. It only happens here, it does. Anywhere else I go down down down. I escape here. I am worth something here.

And and and I also love it here is because he's here. He's here and he's really not when I wake up but while I'm not I can touch him and look at him and talk with him and sometimes it's good it's good it's good enough for me.

Now I'm awake asleep and I see him and I feel my heart swell swell swelling and then burst and swell again, and I go right over to him.

He doesn't see me or hear me, 'cause if he did he'll usually smile ever so softly at me and say hello, but now he doesn't so it's up to me.

"Hi, Hero," I call him that because it's real, you know. It's real for me and if it's not real for you that's none of my business but it's my real thing.

He doesn't turn to me or reply and I feel a tiny little prick at my heart swell, and I repeat me like a parrot Hi birdie.

"Hero, are you liste--"

"Stop calling me that."

He snaps.

He sounds angry and mean and I recoil and baby tears spring up.

"W-what do you mean? You are my..."

"Don't lie."

He starts to walk away foot land step step step away from and I try to catch up and someone is telling me no no no he'll make you hurt more.

"I'm not lyi--"

"You don't believe in me."

Crack goes my jaw as it falls open, and my eye sockets feel like popping and my hands moved forward to shove Hero backwards. Flinch he doesn't.

"That's not true!" I pound at him desperate weak flailing. "Not true not true not true! Why are you--?"

He catches me my fists and stares at me pointedly with jagged hazel and I'm melting shrinking losing mesmerized.

"You can't believe in me..." I wanted to speak but he wasn't done he still had something to say I think it's important.

"Unless you believe in yourself."

Ten seconds later count count count are you counting my arms are hugging me and I'm shaking sobbing shattering and he's holding me, Hero's holding me and smoothing my hair so soothing and "Hush, don't cry, don't cry," but I can't help it.

Hero was always right.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was more train of thought but I hope it got the message across.