Keep the Faith

Lower Your Guns, Soldiers

When did this happen to our army? When did we stop fighting the good fight? When did we start fighting each other instead?
Our army was a family, somewhere were even the misfits could fit in, somewhere were no was judged or made fun of because we all had some common ground. We were all united. We all had the band.

We fought the negative press with their music. We fought the haters with their band shirts. We fought the abuse with their mosh pits.

The more the media said My Chemical Romance was bad, the more we proved the media wrong.

Why did it change? Why it become so image based that the army argued amongst themselves over trivial things like what color Gerard had dyed his hair? Or what tattoo Frank had gotten?
Why did it matter? That wasn’t what we were about. We were about standing up for the band, and they stood up for us; it was a friendship.
But we weren’t whole anymore, we weren’t a family anymore... we weren’t united anymore.

United we stand, divided we fall.

And fall, we did.

We fell apart as our fan site message boards turned to battlefields. Our best friends became our worst enemies. And our common ground, the reason we found each other, the band… the band had become our cause of war.

Rumors flew like bullets across the battlefields.
Accusations spread like wildfire throughout base camps.
Lies poisoned the words of the once faithful soldiers.
Allies were lost in combat.

Many turned their backs. Why?
Why abandon the movement that made you feel special? Why leave the good fight to cause disruption among the ranks? What did the band ever do to us that made you lose your faith?

Can’t you see, if we want to win, if we want the band to come out on top we need to Keep The Faith. We need to stand up for them, stand up for each other and stand up fucking tall for ourselves.

So lower your guns, soldiers. Don’t pull the pin from that grenade I know, you long to hurl at the ‘we loved the OLD Gerard’ MySpace page. And call back the advance you ordered on which ever message board you found the ‘I wish he hadn’t married her’ post on. Leave your weapons behind; we have a parade to march in.

”This article said that people who listened to our music – they called you a cult. And said we promote self harm and suicide. You all know this is not true. We want you to live. We want to save your lives. You saved ours. We never want to let a single thing hurt any of you. And you should know, if you support us you are not a cult. You are a fucking army!” – Gerard Way
♠ ♠ ♠
'The more the media said My Chemical Romance was bad, the more we proved the media wrong' is from mylivingromance.net