Keep the Faith

Walk Down the Street with Me

I know this shouldn’t be a big deal. I know that this is a website. I know that you are a band. I know that I am a person. But we aren’t just fans, just writers. You aren’t just a band, and this isn’t just a website. When I joined this website it was just this weird website with a bunch of obsessed kids on it. What is it now? A home— a place that I can be myself. A place I call home, even if it isn’t really a place.

I know this shouldn’t be a big deal. I mean, Keep the Faith was not my idea, as brilliant as it is. I don’t know if I’ll ever be as great of a writer as Isa, the founder of KTF. I don’t know if I’ll ever be recognized for anything. This book… it isn’t just a book. It is a memoir—a record of the movement of a generation that defeated obstacles of distance, abuse, and pain. All of our hearts poured into this so much. Every time we listen to one of those damn songs we bleed inside a little more. Our hearts are wrenched and our tears fall.

When we were alone, we were afraid. I guess we still are a little afraid, Heroes, but after hearing you, we aren’t alone anymore. We aren’t those fucked up kids in the back of the class anymore. We aren’t the kids that have no where to go. In a sense, maybe some of us don’t. But we have your music. We have this website. We have words, and art, and poetry… everything beautiful.

It’s amazing to walk down a street and look at people. I know that this sounds odd, but think about it. There are so many different stories, different tales, tragedies, and success stories. That’s how the fandom is. We look around and we know that those other kids—adults, even, have their own story. The thing is that all of our stories have intertwined together; all because of you.

I saw you last year. I will never forget these details: Municipal Auditorium, Nashville, Tennessee, 6:30, featuring Muse, April 25th, 2007. That was the most life-changing event. I even caught Frank’s Gatorade bottle! Oh, but guess what? I’m seeing you again in less than a week and I can hardly believe it. May 3rd, 2008 will probably be even better than before. Maybe you’ll see me in my Keep the Faith t-shirt, with my glow in the dark KTF sign I made you.

Heroes, it’s funny how I know you’re going to read this. I love how we have a connection, and though you don’t know me at all, you know me better than anyone else in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this is the truest thing I have ever written.

Keep the Faith; Keep it alive. <3