Keep the Faith

My Hope Balloon

If I could only run it by you. Just one more time. Maybe, you'd be able to see me? To see me for who I was, who I am? Who I will become? Did you ever stop to think, "Maybe she's cut out for this, maybe she could do some good" no, of course you didn't, because I'm just not good enough am I? Not good enough to fit in this world, where if I didn't look like you, I was just nothing more than a piece of street trash.

You hate the way I look, I'm ugly, I'm stupid, I'm fat. You never saw the tears I fought so hard to keep in, because locking away your feelings is easier than showing how mad you are. When I cried, you laughed, when I cut, you smile. What was so bad about that made you hate me as I was? Did you ever stop to really look at me? To actually look at me?!

No, of course you didn't.

Because that would be out of character, wouldn't it? Why is it that you chose me to destroy. If I'm not good enough TELL ME, stop leaving me behind close doors, whispering behind me, TELL ME TO MY FACE. I'm listening, but your never here.

And you think I'm bad? Your nothing but a coward.

A real person would say it to my face, a real person wouldn't hide away from this just because their scared. Your nothing, your nothing to me, your nothing to everyone around you. I kept waiting for you to change, but what? Nothing, nothing but the boost of your ego, and the complaints from your mouth. You think your so much better than everyone else, you think that you don't have any problems, that you don't have any flaws?

I could list off one hundred things I hate about you.
And I would only be scratching the surface.

You call me emo, you call me un-important, you can call me a slut. But I'll look at you straight in the face, and know that your just seeing your own reflection. Go ahead, hate on my all you want, hate on my music taste all you want, you can even hate my family.

Go ahead, I dare you.

I may be a lot younger than you, I may be a lot uglier than you, I may be less stronger than you. But I'm not letting you control my life anymore, because I don't need your shit, I've already got loads of it from every other person I've met. You might think that since I haven't lost anyone close, that I haven't been through the same shit, you've gone through, that I have nothing to be "emo" about.

Fuck you.

I've finally realized what I've been living for. You might call it, "sick" or "demented" but he's my new family, their my new family. I'm not giving up on life now, because I've finally found my prescription, and I'm taking it day by day. His voice, his beats, his melody, his harmony, his rhythm, the life I've found, and the life I live. They'll keep me alive, their my only reason I haven't committed suicide. And I couldn't be any happier.

I'm smiling my smile, and I have a fuck you attitude, because I'm finally living life for myself, and nobody else. Call me what you want, I'm not listening, hate me all you want, I have my ipod on full blast and nothings gonna stop me now.

I'll do what I want and I don't care if its "not normal", because, was I ever really normal to begin with? Hells no, and I'm better off that way.

Their music's done so much for me, in more ways than any guidance counselor, therapist, parent, sibling, or friend ever could. A mere thank you isn't enough.

You'll never get me alive.
Do what it takes to survive,
And I'm still here.
You'll never get me.
(Get me!)
You'll never take me.
(Take me!)
You'll never get me alive.


I'm just a man,
I'm not a hero
Just a boy, who had to sing this song
I'm just a man,
I'm not a hero
I
don't
care


So give me all your poison
And give me all your pills
And give me all your hopeless hearts
And make me ill
You're running after something
That you'll never kill
If this is what you want
Then fire at will


I am not afraid to keep on living,
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
Tell me if you stay I'll be forgiven,
Nothing you can say can stop me going home.


Well let's go back to the middle of the day that starts it all
I can't begin to let you know just what I'm feeling
And now the red ones make me fly
And the blue ones help me fall
And I think I'll blow my brains against the ceiling
And as the fragments of my skull begin to fall
Fall on your tongue like pixie dust just think happy thoughts


A light to burn all the empires,
so bright the sun is ashamed to rise and be
in love with all of these vampires,
so you can leave like the sane abandoned me


Came a time
When every star fall brought you to tears again
We are the very hurt you sold
And what's the worst you take (worst you take)
from every heart you break (heart you break)
And like the blade you stain (blade you stain)
Well I've been holding on tonight


"We are very vocal about our feelings, and we just want to let you know it's okay to be a little messed up, just know that there are 5 other guys that are just as messed up as you".-Gerard Way

"What sticks out in my mind when we play are kids just breaking down and crying in the front row. Perhaps that happens to a lot of bands... but it's different for us. The music brings out the shit in them. It's a release".-Bob Bryar

"There's absolutely a movement of a return to rock. Sometimes the good guys win. Kids are sick of the fucking pop and sick of being lied to. Everyone wants something real, something that was created to invoke a positive feeling".-Mikey Way

"The song is celebrating someone's life. When someone passes, you should focus on all the good that that person has done, and try not to really think about the fact that they're not gonna be on this earth any longer, that they had an effect on you and your lives, and that's what you should take out".-Ray Toro

"Everytime somebody ever told you that you weren't gonna amount to anything, you know, that's your time to shine, you know, you can show everybody and prove to yourself what you're doing is real and that it counts and that it makes a difference".-Frank Iero

Music is when you need something to tell you your right, even when your wrong.
To tell you "Everthing will be okay" even when it won't.
To help you hang on, and stay strong, even when you want to collapse and let go.
To tell you, its okay to be a little messed up, a little fucked up.

Don't let go of your hope balloon, and please keep the faith.